PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Trader SAT Game Sessions

Morbid-Don
February 17th, 2015, 18:34
FG License: has Full so players need at least Demo
Game System: Rogue Trader (Fantasy Flight Games)

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day of week and time: Saturdays starting at 12 Noon

Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term keep playing for a while

Text or Voice: Voice required on Headset (no backwash or background noise - all of our group has taken strides towards this goal)
Voice software used: Skype

Roleplay & Combat mix: 75/25 normally sometimes its ore like 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 4 players, need 1 or 2 more
Character starting level & equipment: i.e. Rank 1 in RT
Character restrictions: Only human race and core careers, though we play with the Advanced Careers and the like...

Details of your scenario:

Granted I will state upfront - I play with Houserules, though they all be contained in one PDF for players to digest and to have at hand... The other caveat to consider are changes made to the Lore (aka fluff, canon) - which mainly focus on replacing certain xeno races. (no kroot, no stryxis, no rak'gol)...

Out take on the setting incorporates both Pulp and Purist styles – a balanced approached has been taken, both of which are described in detail below:

Our game aims at intellectual horror and cosmic dread, detailing people’s futile struggle against the unknown. Death and (more importantly) insanity are a constant threat. The game style we play allows for a more adventurous, thrilling situations, where brave men and women battle the denizens of the Galaxy. Though danger is certainly present, the characters are more able to survive the horrors they encounter.

Our pool of players come from both friends we’ve gamed with and correspondence we've had while chatting online with fellow enthusiasts, we prefer to screen all potential players before offering an official invite...

Flavor: Dark, semi-horror, high adventure

**Also in here***
What do you expect from players as a GM? To have fun and to challenge the GM to think - the best thing you can do in my game is surprise the GM with good ideas that trumps his challenges while invoking the true spirit of the Imperium...

At the end of the day - just fun!

What do you not want? rules lawyers, combat monsters, min/max, etc.

No Glass Cannons, No Munchkins, No Snowflakes, don't mind Rules Lawyers if they can adopt our Houserules and help us adhere to them LOL

Any warnings or disclaimers you feel will help attract the right players and weed out the ones that you feel will not fit or be fun in this game.

If you want 100% official canon-esk campaign - you should look further - our campaign focuses on the Rogue Trader and his Cadre from a Human perspective; tending to focus on the mundane and those things which serve to complicate matters which then may well graduate into a new grander scheme requiring the Players Attention. With that there are no references to characters in the lore, nor will you meet such rarified individuals as YOU the Player are the focus and all else is stage dressing...

Link to Gamecalendar page: No Calendar Page - just know it goes down every Saturday despite your belief in the Emperor!

Stay Gaming All

Morbid-Don

azmodael
March 6th, 2015, 20:19
Hello, I found this thread by a wild google search. I don't actually have a FG license (yet) but I guess I can try the free one? That said are you still recruiting? I live in Europe, but I believe my english to be good enough for even a roleplaying game. The time window is also convinient for me.

If you are interested you can find me on my skype account, which matches my forum name, and we can talk details.