PDA

View Full Version : Mod file not locked

jgovernale
February 16th, 2015, 20:31
Hello brilliant folks,

I have created many mod files for creatures. When I do these files are locked with the red lock symbol. How do I create these mod files so they are not locked?
I have the d20pfsrd Bestiaries as a mod that someone created and the creatures in there are not locked. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for your time.

Trenloe
February 16th, 2015, 20:46
It all depends on the way that the module has been put together. There will be a static="true" section somewhere in the module - usually in the section where all of the creature statblocks are detailed - if you want to edit some XML then you can remove this and re-save your module. Keep in mind that if this is a module covered by the FG updater then you will need to create it with a completely different filename and reference name so that the updater doesn't overwrite your custom module.

However, you can modify creatures if they are available in the campaign NPC/Personalities list. You can drag them from the library to the campaign list and then modify the ones in the campaign list. This is probably your best way to go about it - unless you have 100's of creatures you want to modify...

jgovernale
February 16th, 2015, 20:52
I found this in the db.xml. <MauraCastle1lvl static="true"> Do I remove the whole line?
Drag to NPCs... I didn't know that... Very cool. Thank you.

Trenloe
February 16th, 2015, 20:56
Just remove the static="true" part - this is a property that sets everything within the XML tag where it resides as read-only in FG. i.e. you'll have an XML section that begins with <MauraCastle1lvl static="true"> and ends with </MauraCastle1lvl> - everything between this is read-only. Remove just the static="true" property to give <MauraCastle1lvl> and you'll be able to modify the contents within that XML tag section in FG - if the FG window supports editing (individual creature window do, lists of creature don't, for example).

jgovernale
February 16th, 2015, 21:11
That worked. Editing over 50 mods now. Thank you.