PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds - Looking for players

walleteater
February 15th, 2015, 02:24
FG License: Ultimate (trial welcome)
Game System: Mutants and Masterminds 3e

Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
Day of week and time: Weekdate based on availability, Time 5-11 pst,
If new game, planned start date: Small adventures can be held while preparing for the main Campaign start. Campaign start ideally within a 3week window.
Planned Frequency: Atleast Weekly. May change as availability changes. Individuals are allowed to miss sessions, come late, leave early and such. Side adventures may be played based on availability
Term: Long term, reoccuring characters (players may have many), Players are of course allowed to quit, at which point new players will be recruited

Text or Voice: We can decide this as a group
Voice software used: Skype

Role play & Combat mix: Generally 50/50 although player choices can change this drasticly
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 1 active, 2 dropins, Recruiting 2-5
Character starting level & equipment: Campaign Character = 5; Alternate Characters 5-10;
Character restrictions: Standard rules, consult me for approval on all custom or uncertain content

Details of your scenario: The world is Reminiscent of ours, although custom in design. Super powered individuals have been public for the last decade or so, first extremely rare, but becoming increasingly common. A slightly futuristic new york is our primary scene, as our heroes tackle the crimes and plots that pester it. vigilantism legality is a blurry concept as Hero reputation tends to act as an almost license to risk your life. Unestablished heroes will be both detained, and obstructed by the police, and actions may even be misinterpreted earning players a bad rep and such would be followed by expected consequences. Corporations have decided to start profiting from the "Hero Bandwagon" and recently there have been many new Hero exclusive business opening up, such as custom costume design shops, or invention stores catered to crime fighting, allowing the public to donate designs and prototypes in the pursuit of justice and a safer world. Footage of heroes and villains is highly profitable, making civilians just as bothersome as paparazzi. The hero community is governed by a council of the worlds most established Heroes creating a force that sways public favor to the communities advantage. Their success at managing the super community is the primary reason for the open acceptance of freelance justice.

Our game play style is heavy on narrative. Turns will go for about 5 minutes per group during exploration stopping at scene transitions or cliffhangers. Combat won't always utilize a battle map, as sometimes they won't be able to facilitate the scene (fights in multiple locations at once, fights at high speeds, or with abilities like teleport, fights that change maps freely. This allows more utilization or role playing to overcome opponent. Players will be free to role play their off time, but in summaries rather then long drawn out scenes. Players traveling long distance or doing single actions that take long periods get their turn held off until applicable. Finally i am able to generate content on the fly, however I also will keep throwing opportunity to come back to the plot if you're avoiding it.

We do not like players who need it to be their turn. There are multiple players, so patience is required. We also do not like min/maxers and meta gamers. We are however open to newcomers to mutants and masterminds, although we would like some role playing experience.

About the GM: I've been playing, creating, and running tabletops for a decade. dnd 3,3.5,4, call of Cthulhu, tunnels and trolls, marvel role playing game, are the retail games I'm experienced in. Mutants and masterminds is a new rule set for me, and the first that I've used fantasy grounds for. As such i may be a little slow when it comes to making decisions or looking up rules at the start of play. I'm also had lots of experience in role playing forums, a video games with role play servers. If I'm not working I'm likely online and thus very easy to reach with questions, suggestions and schedule changes.

How to apply: Post here with your table top experience, fg experience, explain your interest in joining, what makes you a good fit, availability and if you already have one a character concept. We can then exchange contact info, and build up a first character when we are both free.

rbeard101
February 15th, 2015, 02:50
I would love to get in on this, but it's to late for me in CST!

walleteater
February 15th, 2015, 03:21
I would love to get in on this, but it's to late for me in CST!

5-11 doesn't necessarily imply a set in stone time-frame. Since we are still recruiting this is flexible. During a weeknight these are my guaranteed available hours. On weekends, I'd be available earlier, but players are generally busier weekends. Sessions wouldn't necessarily be 6 hours long either, unless everyone was still wanting to continue after the planned content. As well There is no reason all the players need to be together at all times. If some players were ready early, we could essentially start earlier and heroes would cross paths as players arrive. Then when you need to leave, you simply role play yourself out of being necessary to the plot. so if you're still interested feel free to apply

Madonkey
February 15th, 2015, 03:44
Hello man i would love to join,but am in the same fiasco thought UTC+02:00
i am a bit familiar with this rule system i tried playing it but i failed.

Dr_Babylon
February 15th, 2015, 19:15
I'm not intimately familiar with the rules of Mutants & Masterminds but I do like the idea of exploring superhero themes. Depending on how central voice-communication will be, I might like to participate. Based on your availability, I would be able to attend no earlier than 7 pm PST during the week. I am fairly familiar with Fantasy Grounds (I would say "competent").

In terms of a character, I have a laundry list of super types kicking around in my head. There's a story about a teenage super-speedster named Double-Time I wrote on another thread around here somewhere (shameless plug!) but I would be willing to play as something else instead if necessary. If you happen to read that, I think it sums up my interests in this genre nicely.

viresanimi
February 15th, 2015, 20:56
I would love to play some mutants and masterminds. Unfortunately I am on CET, so that would be in the middle of the night for me.

Vires Animi

rbeard101
February 15th, 2015, 22:40
I would definitely be interested if the times work out!

I've been gaming since the early 80's an started with D&D Basic redbox. Quickly moved up to AD&D first ed. and then the 2nd edition during college. Also played Ars Magica, GURPS Fantasy, GURPS Supers, D&D 4e, Star Wars Saga, and a smattering of others. I have mostly been GM, but have played long campaigns as a character in AD&D, GURPS Supers/Fantasy, and D&D 4e. I am not very familiar with M&M 3rd, but I have bought the DC Adventures books which use the same system. I haven't played M&M, but mostly because I haven't found a group.

I've been using FG2 for about the last 4 years with D&D 4e, and have played with the Savage Worlds ruleset and just kicking off a 5e game.

I'm not a full time gamer (I have a life & the Wife & Kid and they sometimes have to remind me of that!). Usually only am involved in 1 game at a time and that is usually only 1 or 2 times a month. I tried to get into a C&C game recently, but that seems to have quickly died out. Looking to play another system no more than 1 time every week or two.

I am available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from around 6:00PM CST to no later than 10:00PM CST (4:00PST - 8:00PST), I can do Fridays 6PMCST-12:00AMCST (4pm-10pm PST), or occasionally on Sundays. I do run a Sunday D&D 5e game every 2 or 3 weeks though and would have to work around that. I can't play Sunday or Thursday Nights, and no Saturdays. Fridays are probably the best time and I would prefer the games to always be one the same time and day of the week if possible.

I think I'd fit in with whatever group that you have UNLESS you have people who try to MIN/MAX everything instead of trying to play an interesting character. I like the story component of a game.

I have a private 10 person teamspeak3 server we might be able to use, or we could use the FG teamspeak server, skype doesn't always cooperate during a game I have found.

My first thought on character is more of a Golden Age 4-color hero. I'd like to be magic based if you are using the supernatural rules. The character would be Dr. Mystic, a museum curator who discovered an ancient brooch that gave him magical powers. He is dependent upon having the artifact for his powers and has supplemented his costume with MANY pieces of ugly costume jewelry to confuse his foes on what the real item of power truly is. He discovered that Becoming a stage magician was more lucrative than a museum curator and now has some fame traveling as a stage magician although he uses that career to also occasional fiance archaeology digs as a sort of side hobby. Dr. mystic really isn't much of a 'Superhero" per say, but will usually do the right thing and work as a team. The main reason he hangs out with these guys in tights is because he's discovered that having superheroes around can come in pretty handy when a vampire comes knocking at his door.

If you don't want to use the magic/supernatural power sets, I can come up with something else.

I hope I can get in and the times work out! Send me a PM.

Blackfoot
February 15th, 2015, 23:07
I am interested but only available on Tuesdays (the time is very flexible)... or later on Monday might work.. 7-11 PST.
I've played a lot of Champions but only one session of Mutants & Masterminds (at FGCon over a year ago).. and that was with a Pregen so I don't know much about the actual system or making characters... although I understand that it is similar to d20 in a lot of ways. I have tons of character ideas from my Champions days.

TheShroud
February 23rd, 2015, 01:48
I would be interested in playing in this game if you have room I live EST but I generally stay up till about 1 or 2 am my time. let me know if you still have room!!! :D I have played roleplaying games since I was 5 (i am now 31) have never had a chance to play Mutants and Masterminds, but have looked over the books awhile back and seemed easy to understand.

Kozakai
February 24th, 2015, 20:12
I am also interested in playing.
I have about 4-5 years of 3.5 D&D experience during my time in college. Most of the time I am usually melee-based, so I'd also prefer a role similar. As for M&M and FG, I have very little experience; I played M&M maybe 5 sessions before I had to leave my friends, as well as in FG when the DM running the game had complications and had to quit. I'd like to get my version of Rengar the Headhunter back into the fray. =)
My concept of a character is mostly stealth; a bounty hunter. Cat-like traits and features, with abilities and skillset similar to Rengar from League of Legends. It won't be exactly the same; I like to put my own spin. After all, that's what makes D&D great, right?

Crimsonsteve
March 10th, 2015, 08:54
I also wish to join as well. I have been playing M&M 3rd edition for over a year with others now so I think I have a good foundation of the rules. Unfortunately because my group has been busy with Jobs lately I decided to look for a game on the forums. I run on central time and most of it is free to the point that I can post one or more times per day, though I will always point out exceptions on busy or important days. I would say the best time is between 5:00PM to 12:00PM except on Wednesdays when I have a late college class though otherwise my schedule is relatively flexible. As for a character concept, I am thinking of a human who also possesses and creates magic items that he uses as his version of gadgets. I hope to get a reply and I hope I have provided adequate enough information to join. Otherwise, thank you for your time! :)

trialaccess
April 29th, 2015, 06:43
Hello,
I am not sure if this party is yet full.
I have been playing/GMing roleplaying games for nearly 20 years, I have been running/playing Mutants and Masterminds for the past four years. I have been on FGII for several years as well, but haven't used it in about a year, so may need to be reminded of some of the finer points.

I am Pacific Coast as well, play on an ultimate license and should be able to play depending on the day. I enjoy roleplaying just as much as combat, and I think your idea sounds really interesting.

Thanks for the consideration,

Trialaccess

DeathTauRus
April 29th, 2015, 11:40
Hi,
i'm interested to join if the party isn't full yet. I've been wanting to try M&M for a long time but could never find a group to do so with. AS such i have to inform you and the party that i am a total noob to all its mechanics and even the character creation, but i'm willing to learn. i'm able to play on tuesday, wednesday and thursday. Slight note: i'm new to FG too.

Blackfoot
April 29th, 2015, 15:07
This game pretty much fizzled at the gate. The GM has disappeared. Sorry guys.

BiggyZ
December 29th, 2016, 02:55
Hi, I'm BiggyZ. I'm a newb when it comes to tabletop games. I have to the basic instruction book, but unfortunately there is one I can play the game with. I'm a big RPG fan, I've just never played in a group, but I want to. I might even make some friends for once. I just hope that I get a chance, but if not no big deal.

MrKinister
December 29th, 2016, 22:19
Hey BiggyZ,

Take a look at the "posted" dates. Unfortunately, this thread has been defunct for about a year and a half.

BiggyZ
December 30th, 2016, 07:56
Aw, bummer.