PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Gestalt, please.

MeKonopa
February 13th, 2015, 23:20
Hey all, I've been looking for a Gestalt game for years. I've got a character concept all planned out, though I may have to run a few of the classes by the DM. Even if my ultimate character is vetoed, I'd still love to join a Gestalt game. If anyone's currently running such a game, or plans to run it anytime soon, please contact me.

Thanks.

Taonna
February 21st, 2015, 06:37
I'd be in on this if it happens

l1wolf
February 21st, 2015, 13:18
Depending on Day and Time I would be up for this also!

MeKonopa
February 22nd, 2015, 20:11
So, you guys have any ideas for what character concept you'd play? I've got a serious front-liner build, with a strong jack-of-all-trades build using the second classes, especially in the later levels.

l1wolf
February 22nd, 2015, 21:25
Depend on the DM, the books, and the group, I have many characters I can build.

Taonna
February 23rd, 2015, 04:32
If I had to think of something on the spot, I would say cleric and wizard in to geomancer and some other prestige class yet to be decided, Or a sorcerer/wizard and rogue.

Thravior
February 25th, 2015, 22:56
If someone wants to DM such a game I would be more than interested, depending on the level and the sources I would have various concepts.

Rogue
February 26th, 2015, 12:54
Would you guys be available on Wednesday nights, at around 8 PM EST (GMT-5)? If so, I could run either a pathfinder gestalt or a 3.5. I'll leave that all up to you.

Thravior
February 26th, 2015, 19:18
That time on wednesday would fit for me. As for PF or 3.5, either is fine for me.

l1wolf
February 26th, 2015, 19:34
8pm is a little late for a weeknight game, I might be able to work it but could we go a little earlier? Also either system would work for me depending on what is allowed. Taonna already took one of my 3.5 ideas though.:)

Rogue
February 26th, 2015, 22:52
Whether or not I can make it earlier depends on if I get this job I interview for on the fifth, and what days I will have off. I know already I HAVE to work weekends and holidays, but not sure the days off.

l1wolf
February 27th, 2015, 01:50
Well good luck with the job interview, please let us know when you know more about when and what you want to run.

Taonna
February 27th, 2015, 04:45
unfortunately it is to early for me I don't get off work till 11 Est but I can bow out if that time works for everyone else

MeKonopa
February 27th, 2015, 08:57
I could do a Wed game, round 8 (That's 5pm for those of us on the west coast). An earlier start time would be okay with me, though any earlier than 4 might be a conflict with work.

I'd have to cast my vote for D&D 3.5, though. I've done very little pathfinder (Two sessions of about two, two and a half, hours each.), and both sessions were pretty lackluster at best (in hindsight,this was probably the DM giving a half-assed effort.). Plus, all of my character ideas are for 3.5, so unless the DM's willing to let me import them, I'm kinda sunk.

Though that does raise the question: In 3.5, what books aren't allowed, and in Pathfinder can we import classes from 3.5?

Oh, and l1wolf? If the DM gives me access to the right 3.5 books (or allows the import, either or), I can deluge you with gestalt ideas.

l1wolf
February 27th, 2015, 16:52
I have many many ideas, but I really like doing the Geomancer in 3.5. I actually prefer the skill system from Pathfinder the most, though having classes that are worth going to 20th level with is also nice. I will have no issues coming up with something to fill any role needed. As for the time of game, I can try and work with anything, we will just have to wait for the DM to let us know what our options are.

Rogue
February 27th, 2015, 19:29
I don't really have any restrictions on books, but try to keep it as simple as possible. I believe I have them all in some form or another.

Taonna
February 27th, 2015, 20:39
I wish you all luck in this game should be a fun one

MeKonopa
February 27th, 2015, 20:53
Mmm'kay. If no objections, the classes I'll be playing will be a Ranger/Dragon Shaman that prestiges (That's now a word.) into Stalwart Defender/Chameleon (Those classes are found in Mercenaries (actually a 3rd edition book. Let me know if that's not okay) and Races of Destiny, respectively). I do have other classes planned for this character, but that's not going to be for a while unless we start in Epic levels.

MeKonopa
March 4th, 2015, 01:10
Any idea when the game might start?

l1wolf
March 4th, 2015, 11:41
Right now we are waiting for the DM to help us find a definitive time. Also I have recently been given other plans every other Wed night, so an every other Wed game might work, or a Tuesday night game.

l1wolf
March 10th, 2015, 14:42
How did the job interview go? Do we know if the game is going to work out?

Rogue
March 10th, 2015, 17:10
The job interview went very well. I should find out if I got it or not by the end of the month. As soon as I know what days I'll be off, I'll arrange something. Depending on if I got the job.

l1wolf
April 8th, 2015, 16:02
Rogue, do we know if this is going to be a go?

Rogue
April 8th, 2015, 19:08
I am still going through interviews, but as soon as I know, you will know. The job I applied for is a state job, and so far have at least four more interviews to go through before I find out.

l1wolf
April 8th, 2015, 21:30
ahhh I understand, I am employed by the state myself. Good luck I am rooting for you.

MeKonopa
April 9th, 2015, 01:37
Five interviews for a job? Dang man. Well, good luck.

baron senille
April 10th, 2015, 21:25
welcome, I am a GM for a pathfinder game. playing for 20+ years. new to fantasy grounds. we play sun and weds evenings (9 pm est till midnight). we use ventrillo for chat. We permit monsters as pc's if that interests you. The current party is a rat folk vampire necromancer, a 1/2 succubus demon summoner and a angel android . the back drop is each of us was captured and sold into slavery. we were all bought by 1 guy. he is using us as his special forces..(a - Team). he is part of a monster making org. trying to expand into a new land. when not working for him directly the party is free to pursue their own goals.

i am recahable here or at [email protected]

MeKonopa
July 17th, 2015, 05:42
Hey man, any news? It's been so long I actually forgot about this until the other day, and I wanted to know whether I should write this off and start searching for another game or if this game is actually happening.

Rogue
July 17th, 2015, 12:07
Hey all! I guess an update is in order. I did end up getting a Job with DCNR (Department of Conservation and Natural Resources), and my days off did end up being Tuesday and Wednesdays. Since I already have games on Mondays and Tuesdays, I was actually looking for a Wednesday game, and this one had totally slipped my mind.
I am still willing to run this however, but since I have to work Thursday Morning, Start time would be around 6 or 7 PM EST and running to no later than 11 PM EST. That's at least four hours or gaming, depending on start time. So, how many of you are still interested, and if there are more people than the original crew, then just sound off here or in a PM that you are interested.
Thank you for reminding me of this game, and hope to hear from everyone soon.

Rogue
July 24th, 2015, 09:19
the only thing is that it will have to be an every other week kind of thing.

MeKonopa
July 25th, 2015, 16:25
I'm still interested. It's a shame 'bout the every other week aspect, but I've wanted to play a gestalt character way to much to let that stop me. I'm ready to game whenever.

MeKonopa
September 2nd, 2015, 02:29
...This still on?