PDA

View Full Version : Numenera ruleset Script Error

morgurth
February 12th, 2015, 14:59
I was entering in the information for the "Seedship" adventure into a Numenera ruleset campaign. One of the first creatures you encounter is a Steel Spider. I entered the information for them in the NPC section and then, pulled four of them into the combat tracker.

However, I wanted to clear that out, since this was just a test. When I do, I get the following:

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:111: attempt to call field 'deleteReference' (a nil value)

Any ideas? I'm going to start looking at line 111 of that lua script, but was hoping someone has seen this before. (a quick search of the forum didn't turn up anything though.)

Thanks!

Trenloe
February 12th, 2015, 16:05
I've just done a quick test in a base Numenera campaign and I don't get any errors.

How were you deleting the creatures from the combat tracker?

Are you running any extensions?

What version of the Numenera ruleset is shown in the chat window when you load up the campaign?

morgurth
February 12th, 2015, 17:29
I tried using the menu button on the top left of the Combat Tracker window and deleting all foes. I also tried right clicking on each NPC and clicking Delete followed by Confirm Delete.

It says v.3.0.1. I recently patched Fantasy Grounds 2 to the latest and then created a new campaign and selected the Numenera ruleset. I manually entered the NPC data from text in the Numenera sourcebook.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2015, 17:38
It should be version 3.0.10. In the FG main launch window (before you load a campaign) press the settings button and then the "Update" button. Enter your Fantasy Grounds website user ID and password, and press the Login button. Then press OK and press Update on the FG Updater screen.

If, after doing this, you still see v3.0.1 as the Numenera ruleset version then go into your <FG app data folder>\rulesets directory and delete/rename any Numenera.pak or Numenera directories and run the updater again.

morgurth
February 12th, 2015, 17:47
Well, that fixed it. The problem was, I had extracted the Numenera ruleset a long time ago to see how it was created for ideas on a 13th Age ruleset. That folder still existed....