PDA

View Full Version : How does assign speaker work?

Coanunn
February 9th, 2015, 20:57
Ok, I have used this a few times but never successfully. I go in, I create a chat frame entry, I can assign it to someone but when ever I send it to the chat frame it always shows as simply being from the GM. I'm obviously missing a setting but I can't figure out what I'm doing in correctly. Thoughts or suggestions?

Mellock
February 9th, 2015, 21:25
After right-click -> paragraph type -> Chat frame, right-click again, select paragraph type again, and THEN, "assign speaker" will show up. Once you've clicked on it then, a little black dot will apear before your text. If you set your cursor before the black dot, you can type your assigned someone's name there.

That's how it works for me. Does that work differently for you?

Trenloe
February 9th, 2015, 21:29
The icon displayed doesn't change from GM, but the name assigned to the story entry should appear after the GM icon. For example:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Character%20Chat%20Story%20Entry.jpg

Coanunn
February 9th, 2015, 22:01
Here is what I'm getting when I assign speaker and then click the bubble for output to chat:

Trenloe
February 9th, 2015, 22:14
Here is what I'm getting when I assign speaker and then click the bubble for output to chat:
Ah, so you're using Savage Worlds. Looks like this isn't working in Savage Worlds (unless it relies on a setting somewhere).

Hopefully one of the SW devs will notice this and look at it.

Coanunn
February 9th, 2015, 22:21
My concern is that I'm doing something wrong. I'd hate to say there was a bug in the case where this is a newbie mistake on my part. That said, I can't seem to find any setting that references this so I'm kind of stuck.

damned
February 9th, 2015, 23:23
I just ran up a blank SW4 campaign and tested it - it appears a bug or unsupported as I got the same result as Coanunn.

Meliath1742
June 6th, 2015, 16:34
I'm seeing the same issue...cannot assign a speaker. Here's what I'm running.

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.1.0 (Build 7)
SW NPC Maker version 0.9 (Build 4)
Fantasy Companion Extension version 1.0 (Build 1)
Adventure Deck version 1.5.0 (Build 1)
SW Enhanced Adventure Deck version 0.3 (Build 5)
SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.4 (Build 5)
SW Enhanced Effects version 0.9 (Build 3)
SW Enhanced Library version 1.4 (Build 6)

Mask_of_winter
June 6th, 2015, 16:46
You don't need the effect extension with SW 4.1 btw. It's included already. I doubt disabling that extension will fix the issue though.

Meliath1742
June 6th, 2015, 20:09
Thanks;-)