PDA

View Full Version : Portrait and Token Update Failure

Iceman
February 8th, 2015, 15:11
I am experiencing a possible portrait and token update failure. The issue was rampant and repeatable several days ago but I was not running FG as Administrator so that may have been the issue. However in a recent test with FG in Admin mode I connected via laptop and selected both a portrait and a token for the character sheet. After logging off and back on I could NOT see the selected portrait or token on the laptop but I COULD see it on the GM screen. Is there a setting that needs to be changed somewhere?

Also your updated program creates an FG folder instead of the old FG 2 folder. I have pointed everything to the FG 2 folder but the FG folder remains and I am never certain where your program saves info to anymore.

Mask_of_winter
February 8th, 2015, 15:58
On the entry screen, click on the folder icon top right. This will take you to your current %appdata folder.

JohnD
February 8th, 2015, 17:12
Sometimes it seems to take a little bit of time for a portrait change to show up, usually with a slow connection speed. But, if you are doing this on the same computer, I think that it should be immediate.

Edit: I don't suppose that the portrait in question is a large file, is it? Have seen a few people trying to use a 1+ mb file as a portrait or icon.

Trenloe
February 8th, 2015, 17:43
The data directory set on the FG settings window (accessible from the main launch window) tells you where FG will be saving and reading information from.

As John says, it can take a little while for the player side to download info for the GM when they reconnect. What ruleset were you using when you had the portrait and token not display? What version does that ruleset report in the chat window when it loads?

Iceman
February 9th, 2015, 13:17
3.5E v3.0.10 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds.
Copyright 2013 Smiteworks USA, LLC.

I believe this problem will occur again with the game I will be running tomorrow night. If I am correct what other info do you need me to save or make a snapshot of in order to resolve? I know where my FG2 operational folder resides but since the program originally installed to a new directory and maintains that directory even after my pathing change I was uncertain as to if the program itself might save other info to that new folder one of your updates created.

Trenloe
February 9th, 2015, 18:38
If it occurs again, get the player/s affected to close Fantasy Grounds and then re-open it. Ask them to go to the "Join Game" screen and click the "Clear player data cache" button (nuclear icon towards the top right) then join your game and see if they still have the issue.

Trenloe
February 9th, 2015, 18:41
I know where my FG2 operational folder resides but since the program originally installed to a new directory and maintains that directory even after my pathing change I was uncertain as to if the program itself might save other info to that new folder one of your updates created.
Where does your data directory in the settings window points to? This is where FG will look for rulesets, modules, extensions, tokens, portraits, campaigns and is also where new campaigns will be created.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Settings%20Window.jpg

The app directory is just where the application executable and supporting files are stored, it is not where FG looks for, or stores, runtime data.