PDA

View Full Version : Question about Power Point Dev

Sulimo
February 8th, 2015, 07:02
I have an interesting issue with PP Dev.

One of my players was setting up her character, and for PP Dev, we put In (Intuition) for her Stat (she is a Ranger), and for some reason, it is showing +2 for the stat bonus, in addition it is not adding up correctly for the total. I ended up adding a misc bonus for now. Is this normal? If not what might we be doing wrong?

I have the option for PP Dev turned on, but that does not seem to affect anything.

Mask_of_winter
February 8th, 2015, 07:46
Not sure what's going on but those stats sure are high across the board! lol Good for her!

Sulimo
February 8th, 2015, 16:28
Well, this started as a pen and paper Character. When we switched from the MERP rules to the RM Rules, I allowed the players to keep rolling until they at least got something for their Potential Stats, that way they could see how it worked.

Sulimo
February 8th, 2015, 21:39
Ok, I think I found the issue. Originally, we used the RMCII Power Point Dev option 1 (calculated similar to the way Body Dev works, rolling 1d5 for each rank). It does not look like that is how it works in FG currently. So we'll have to make due with the current setup.

Andraax
February 8th, 2015, 23:35
There are some options related to how PPs work in the options menu; have you looked at those?

Sulimo
February 9th, 2015, 01:04
Yeah, ChL Option 16 is for PP Dev Skill, and SpL Option 4 is for Base Power Points (basically adds 10 + Stat Bonus/10 + normal PPs for level), basically it gives about 12 extra PPs.

There is an option in Rolemaster Companion II that is basically 1d5 for each rank in PP Dev, the formula ends up looking like the Body Dev Formula (Total PP = Base PP+Learned PP) X (1.0 +(Stat Mod/100)). It is fine the way it is setup now, we can make it work.