PDA

View Full Version : Manager_action_save busted after update for 5e

Kelendros78
February 5th, 2015, 22:58
Manager_action_save busted after update for 5e
Updated yesterday right before game time, and upon the first forced save received a script error pointing to manager_action_save.lua. error 269: attempt to call field 'setDamageState' (a nil value).

let me know if there is anything I need to do on the end user side to fix this.

Thanks,

Kelendros78

Trenloe
February 5th, 2015, 23:08
Are you running any extensions?

Kelendros78
February 5th, 2015, 23:17
a few:
Theme-Dungeon Alternative 32
Enhanced Items (3.5/ PFRPG)
Fantasy Language Chat
FG v3.x move dice tower
HP under Zero (you created this one with my code)
Message of the day
Optional Conditions (draca and I believe you helped)

those are the ones I am running.

Trenloe
February 5th, 2015, 23:51
Hhhmmm, I don't believe they'd make a difference. Although I'd guess that if one was going to be an issue then it would be the HP under zero extension. But, could you try to recreate the error in a new 5E campaign without any extensions loaded?

If you don't get the error, enable extensions one-by-one to try to identify if one of the extensions is causing the error. If you enable all of the same extensions and you're not getting the error then it might be a data issue in the campaign. We'd have to look at that specifically if the above doesn't turn up any extensions issues.

Kelendros78
February 6th, 2015, 00:55
It will be the weekend before I can really dig in. but I will get to it :D thanks for answering so quickly...this topic sat in the house of healing until today with no replies...

Moon Wizard
February 6th, 2015, 20:51
My guess is that it is an extension, since the setDamageState function does exist in the current 5E ruleset.

Apologies for the drop on the House of Healing thread. I usually review every thread to make sure it is answered or answer myself. I may have queued this one up for investigation, but hadn't got a chance to research before now.

Regards,
JPG

Kelendros78
February 7th, 2015, 15:26
Its my HP under Zero.ext that is breaking it. I haven't dug to far in but I am guessing that I am messing with something that is being set inside of setDamageState. I will be busy until late this afternoon and then I should be able to jump in and take a look at it in depth.

Trenloe
February 7th, 2015, 15:55
Glad you narrowed it down to the one extension.

The thing to remember with extensions is that they very often have to use code/files from a ruleset. When that ruleset has an updated version, the portions of the original ruleset used in the extension may need to be updated with the new code from the most recent ruleset - i.e. the extension has to have the new code added and the old code removed. Then he modifications made for the extension functionality has to be put back in to the new code.

With a simple extension this is usually just a case of copying/pasting the extension code into the most recent version of the modified files. This needs to be checked each time a new release of the ruleset the extension uses is released.

spoofer
February 14th, 2015, 22:42
I just had the same problem with the 5e extension for alternate wound colours.

Griogre
February 18th, 2015, 23:45
Make sure you have updated to the latest version of the extension, v0.06.10. I made a fix for FG 3.10. Nothing in the extension had changed but stuff changed around it.