PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist - A non-Golarion steampunk AP for PFRPG

darrenan
February 5th, 2015, 02:40
In the Zeitgeist campaign, your characters serve in the Royal Homeland Constabulary of the nation of Risur, protecting the country and its citizens from foreign threats lurking within its borders. During missions of espionage and assassination, your duty will be to root out hostile spies and pursue international conspiracies. As you learn more of your homeland’s own secrets, however, your loyalties may be tested, may even be turned, and you may find that it is you whose hand controls the gears of the turning age.

When: Tuesdays 7pm-11pm PST
Who: 4-5 players
What: This (https://paizo.com/products/btpy8jro?ZEITGEIST-Adventure-Path-Player-Primer), a non-Golarion, Steampunk, Adventure Path for Pathfinder RPG. If that whets your whistle, then check out the full length players guide (https://paizo.com/products/btpy94zi?ZEITGEIST-Adventure-Path-Players-Guide-Extended-Edition).
Calendar Entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1388)

This is a text-only game, no voice.
Campaign management is happening on Obsidian Portal.

This Game Is Currently Full

Dr_Babylon
February 5th, 2015, 03:06
Sounds like 10 pm my time (Eastern) in which case, should you go with text-only, I will give you...whatever you want!!

(I currently need more diversions.)

darrenan
February 5th, 2015, 03:09
super, I was hoping that time would work for you.

SheerANONYMOUS
February 5th, 2015, 03:31
While this does sound interesting, and I do like steampunk, I have class early Wednesday mornings, so I wouldn't be able to start this late.

darrenan
February 8th, 2015, 04:22
Bump. Have two players, looking for 2-3 more.

Dr_Babylon
February 8th, 2015, 04:46
C'mon everybody! I'm doing my part!

Old Man Trouble
February 8th, 2015, 20:15
It's too late for me, or I'd be all about this game. 8( Someone needs to invent the time machine, so that I can play in some of these games that start after I go to bed.

Dr_Babylon
February 8th, 2015, 20:43
Won't be the same without you, OMT.

(singing) Oh come zeit with me! Come zeit! Let's zeit away!

...I may be misusing this term.

Neruz
February 9th, 2015, 13:47
This does sound rather interesting and the timing works well so count me in.

darrenan
February 9th, 2015, 17:21
Great, welcome aboard. Please PM your Obsidian Portal username (go create one if you don't have one already at obsidianportal.com) to me so I can add you to the campaign. Looks like we just need one more before we can start.

Taonna
February 9th, 2015, 17:52
I could possibly join this game once my schedule changes to days at which point I would be off work around 9EST, and that change should go in effect by the 21st of this month. Thanks for the consideration, DR.B may or may not vouch for me

darrenan
February 9th, 2015, 18:13
We played together in Kyle's Dragon's Demand game (I was Neria), welcome to have you aboard. Looks like we have a foursome which is enough to get started for now. As mentioned above, everyone please PM me your Obsidian Portal username so I can add you to the campaign.

I'll leave this thread here for further recruitment (I'll take one more if anyone is still interested), but we'll continue campaign-related stuff on OP.

Dr_Babylon
February 9th, 2015, 20:36
I will indeed vouch for Taonna. He is my dear old grandmum and I love him dearly.

darrenan
February 11th, 2015, 06:10
Full.

darrenan
March 4th, 2015, 06:19
Two players have gone AWOL after the first session, so I'm sending out feelers again to see if others might be interested. Next session tentatively scheduled for March 10th at 7pm PST.

d1wright
March 4th, 2015, 16:25
As a note, this isn't a hack/slash/loot campaign. It has a lot of depth in the background to enjoy role playing in.

Taonna
March 4th, 2015, 21:14
I hate my work times wish i could play

darrenan
March 4th, 2015, 22:08
Me too.

Old Man Trouble
March 4th, 2015, 22:12
Me three. Would love to have been able to join you guys. Also my Tues is now booked.

Taonna
March 5th, 2015, 06:06
Might try and get my schedule a just ed by an hour to see if I can make it and just be a few minutes late

Dr_Babylon
March 5th, 2015, 06:10
Either of you guys would be awesome but, as long as we get a few folks who want to play a part in such a grand undertaking and are willing to communicate on the subject, I'm sure my constituents and I will be grateful.

C'mon, folks! It's steampunk! What more do you want?

darrenan
March 6th, 2015, 07:04
Unfortunately, Taonna is a no-go, so we still have one or two openings.

Tyhrus
March 6th, 2015, 07:38
I don't have anyone to vouch for me or anything, but I'm interested in playing if you guys'll have me. I am new to both P&P and FG, though, so it may take me a few sessions to get into the swing of things.

darrenan
March 6th, 2015, 18:06
I don't have anyone to vouch for me or anything, but I'm interested in playing if you guys'll have me. I am new to both P&P and FG, though, so it may take me a few sessions to get into the swing of things.

Sent you a PM, welcome aboard.

Dr_Babylon
March 6th, 2015, 20:02
I realize this might well go without saying, but the Player's Guide for this AP offers a wealth of inspiration for crafting a character born of this setting instead of simply injected into it. I'm not one to preach, but that might make for a more rewarding experience overall.

It bears noting as well that almost everyone in this community will take the time to answer any questions if answers can be found, Tyhrus. Don't hesitate to voice concerns if you are perplexed by rules or any other aspect. No one knows everything but most should be willing to communicate.

Taonna
March 7th, 2015, 06:05
I'll let you know if I'm gonna getting the new schedule I got the first week as a test so far

darrenan
March 9th, 2015, 03:17
I'll let you know if I'm gonna getting the new schedule I got the first week as a test so far

We have a game session scheduled for this Tuesday. If you can make it that would be great.

darrenan
April 15th, 2015, 07:30
Bump. There is still an opening for one character, ideally an arcane caster type. Current party mix is Fighter (Melee), Fighter (Ranged), Oracle, Investigator.

I have created a new calendar entry as well: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1388

PM me if you're interested.

D.

Dr_Babylon
April 15th, 2015, 19:15
We use text communication and, given the themes of investigation and such, it's a slightly different pace from the average dungeon crawl but it's quite rewarding for those who are up to it. It isn't all about who can hit the hardest.

Blahness98
April 15th, 2015, 20:10
I may be interested, but will have to check a few things.. and I don't mind playing an arcane type person..

Taonna
April 16th, 2015, 01:05
yeah some of us just get filled with holes, not calling any one out or anything DR.b

darrenan
April 23rd, 2015, 06:54
Bump! There is still one open spot in this game.

lachancery
April 27th, 2015, 03:30
Bump! There is still one open spot in this game.

Is the scheduling information in the Opening Post still accurate? (Tuesdays 7pm-11pm PST)

Dr_Babylon
April 27th, 2015, 04:26
Aye. And we're still pretty text-based, too, for what that's worth. Works for me...

Doc_Jones
April 27th, 2015, 05:46
I haven't gamed in pathfinder before, but I do have an ultimate license and a love of gaming. My obsidian handle is the same as here. The concept sounds very interesting, and I enjoy playing arcane oriented characters. I downloaded the pdf and will start reading tonight. I can be available tomorrow starting at 6pm to do character stuff if I am brought in. Let me know!

darrenan
April 27th, 2015, 19:42
I haven't gamed in pathfinder before, but I do have an ultimate license and a love of gaming. My obsidian handle is the same as here. The concept sounds very interesting, and I enjoy playing arcane oriented characters. I downloaded the pdf and will start reading tonight. I can be available tomorrow starting at 6pm to do character stuff if I am brought in. Let me know!

Sent you an invite. I have a small window of time this evening, as I have another campaign to run at 8pm. We can at least get some dice rolled for your ability scores and talk about your character concept. It will probably be more like 6:30 though, have to cook dinner first.

Doc_Jones
April 28th, 2015, 01:22
Same for me, just got home, but I will be available at 6:30. Do you have a server alias set up already?

Nevermind, found the alias. I'm on the server awaiting your arrival.

Dr_Babylon
April 28th, 2015, 05:32
Welcome to Risur, Dr Jones...