PDA

View Full Version : CORE - PFS #5-08 The Confirmation - Saturday 7 Feb 1am UTC

xazil
February 4th, 2015, 22:34
Added a second time of 8pm UTC as an option. Please sign in and vote for the time that suits you.

Almost all Pathfinders undergo extensive training for three or more years to learn the tricks of the trade, and their last test before graduating from the ranks of the initiates to the status of a full Pathfinder agent is the Confirmation, a special research project that involves considerable fieldwork and is designed to simulate the initiates' future work as a Pathfinder. Even the noteworthy field commissioned agents sometimes participate in such trials as a way to familiarize themselves with the Pathfinder Society’s rules and expectations. Although Confirmation is typically an individual affair, the society recently discovered a site on the Isle of Kortos that would be perfect for initiates but perhaps too dangerous to handle alone. Successfully uncovering this site’s secrets will not only contribute to the society’s body of knowledge but shape the exciting careers ahead for each of the prospective agents.

Note that CORE is a separate PFS campaign with its own character listings and play through count for scenarios, although The Confirmation counts as Evergreen allowing repeated replays at level 1.

Trueshots
February 4th, 2015, 23:47
I think I can. play, ill work my butt off next 2 days and hope for the best. If not I may have to drop

Victor
February 4th, 2015, 23:59
I'm in! Probably make a Core Fighter.
Simple is as simple does.

Trueshots
February 5th, 2015, 00:04
Think i'm gonna just play a peasant, that uses a pitch fork and wears no armor (except for a thick pair of overalls) and take all skill focus feats to boost his profession farming, herding, etc. He should be pretty awesome!

HoloGnome
February 5th, 2015, 06:31
I'll play if Rivver's game is really gone. Bluebeard Alefist is sad. Wait - I know - can I play an Advanced Character? j/k I will play a pregen. I have minimal time available between now and Friday and I'd like to do some CRB research.

xazil
February 5th, 2015, 06:34
I'll play if Rivver's game is really gone. Bluebeard Alefist is sad. Wait - I know - can I play an Advanced Character? j/k I will play a pregen. I have minimal time available between now and Friday and I'd like to do some CRB research.
No problem. Just remember you only get the Pre-Gens from Core, which is still a decent list.

Also note while the character would be core for this run, you could declare them non-core straight after and turn the credit in for normal PFS XP.

xazil
February 5th, 2015, 20:50
I've put a new time up earlier that is more Euro time friendly. Please vote by picking a time.

Blackfoot
February 6th, 2015, 00:52
The earlier time definitely works for me... I'm not sure about the later time ... (I normally have a regular game at that time but they are talking about cancelling it this week.)

I would bring my shiny new Gnome Sorcerer (Whose name has yet to be determined).

Trueshots
February 6th, 2015, 04:14
Guys I had to drop, I'm fooling myself if I think I can get all my crap done and play this game. Im running one on Sunday and playing in two on wed. plus all this work I have. just had to drop, however......if you end up with only 3.....send me an email and i'll play a pregen half heartedly while I study/work :)

xazil
February 6th, 2015, 04:15
No problem Trueshots. This was a pretty short notice announcement.

Blackfoot
February 6th, 2015, 04:57
So this is tomorrow and there are 3 players signed up... while you 'can' run these with 3 players.. I generally think it's not worth the time/effort.
I still don't know the status of my game tomorrow night so I'm unsure if I can make the later time slot at all.

xazil
February 6th, 2015, 05:23
So this is tomorrow and there are 3 players signed up... while you 'can' run these with 3 players.. I generally think it's not worth the time/effort.
I still don't know the status of my game tomorrow night so I'm unsure if I can make the later time slot at all.

Up to you. Currently it looks to be the earlier time slot. Rivver sent me a PM earlier indicating she would come along so it is actually four. Some of this was also for me to get a feeling of the demand for Core would be too.

Blackfoot
February 6th, 2015, 05:25
If everyone is good for the earlier slot then I'll get you my character in a few minutes.

Name: Zwootwick
Class: Sorcerer
Race: Gnome
Level: 1
PFS# 39241-20
Faction: Liberty's Edge
Chronicle #1
XP: -
Fame/PP: -
Starting GP: 110
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hTJnjwcP7uwq2B9O0b4KJ7Ht1OJQhVyJsR9JJTjqoKw/edit?usp=sharing)

cmdisc
February 6th, 2015, 07:28
The demand for Core is there based on the other threads about it. The lack of response here could just be due to a combination of interest in the Scenario, its run-time, and the short notice. <shrug>

Blackfoot
February 6th, 2015, 07:31
I have gotten some players in the past by setting up the event early on the Paizo site and linking to the thread here from there.. but it's a bit last minute for that.

xazil
February 6th, 2015, 12:09
Server is up if anyone else wants to come along or finish characters. There are a series of pre-gens loaded.

Address is Epic Ogre Dead Zone.

Blackfoot
February 6th, 2015, 16:52
I heard back about my game tonight and it IS cancelled so I am free for either time slot.. if one is better than the other for anyone.

Trueshots
February 6th, 2015, 17:07
Name: <coming soon>
Class: Sorcerer

Gnome?

Blackfoot
February 6th, 2015, 17:28
Of course.

Trueshots
February 6th, 2015, 17:31
Of course.

That's like asking me if I plan on dipping into ninja on any of my characters; )

Rivver
February 6th, 2015, 19:21
I think he's done. I may be a couple of minutes late.

Blackfoot
February 7th, 2015, 04:23
No Purchases for Zwootwick.