PDA

View Full Version : Basic Card Tables Extensions

Trenloe
January 31st, 2015, 21:12
A new version has been added to the FGU Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/97/view Subscribing via the forge will allow you to get updates via the FG update process.

Use the version from the Forge if you're using FG Unity - the extension at the bottom of this post is for FG Classic only!

The direct download is available in post #138 in this thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions&p=612080&viewfull=1#post612080 But that probably won't be kept up-to-date.

Based off this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23069-Harrow-deck) I decided to write a small extension to allow basic random card drawing functionality.

The main goal behind this extension is to be as lightweight as possible and keep underlying code changes to a minimum - allowing it to be used in all/most CoreRPG based rulesets and helping to keep future upgrade issues to a minimum. As such, it has very basic functionality. I'll continue development of this, but thought I'd share it with you now.

Versions

v0.7: April 22nd, 2020. Minor update - message in chat to indicate deck needs shuffling when trying to get a card from an empty deck. Thanks superteddy57!
v0.6: FG v3.2.2 compatibility plus clearing any existing assigned dice when a table is changed to a card table.
v0.5: FG v3.1.7 compatibility and critical table issue (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions&p=251569&viewfull=1#post251569) fix.
v0.4: Added "Auto?" option to automatically check cards as they are "drawn". Ordered the table so that drawn cards are at the bottom of the list. Enabled players to draw and reset decks shared with them.
V0.3: Adds a "Cards?" option to the table to turn card use on/off. Fixed module die roll not updating when card used. Previous downloads: 9.

How does it work?

Step 1 - Create a table in your campaign and click the "Cards?" option (1) to show the "Used?" values (3) after each table row. If you want the used checks automatically selected as cards are "dealt" then select the "Auto?" topion (2). Info on campaign tables here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables

#2: This extension adds a "Used?" check button to each row in a table. When checked, the table row will have it's number range blanked out so it will not be included in future rolls on the table. This can be seen in the following screenshot where "The Betrayal" card has been marked as used and removed from the number range. The "card" is still in the table (so it can be used later) but it will not be included in table rolls until the "Used?" check is removed.

Resetting the "card deck"

When you want to reset the card deck, right click on any of the rows and select the "Reset All Cards" radial menu option:

Setting it up

When you create your table, don't enter any number values - just add the number of rows you need and then right-click on one of the rows and select "Reset All Cards". This will auto fill out the numbers, starting at 1. Note that each line will have a number range of 1 (e.g. 10-10) if you want multiple cards then enter them on multiple rows.

A roll example
Here is an example roll based of the table shown in the first screenshot.

The GM, or player, "deals" two cards by pressing the dice icon in the table twice.
The two cards dealt are automatically marked as used and are put at the bottom of the list.
The two cards dealt are shown in the chat window, including any links from the table.
Clicking on the link in the chat window (or the table) will open the link - images representing the card faces in this example.

NOTE: The extension can now automatically check the "Used" indicator, if the GM has selected the "Auto?" option for the table. If "auto?" isn't selected the GM has to manually check off the cards. This can simulate a "re draw" if the first result is not acceptable. Or, if "Auto?" is enabled and a re-draw is needed, the GM can put the card back in the deck by deselecting the "Used?" check mark.

What is this simulating?

This extension is simulating a card deck that has been shuffled and cards are drawn one at a time from the card deck. Cards that have been drawn can either be put back in the deck at random (the GM unchecks "Used?") or removed from the deck and not included in the next draw (the "Used?" indicator is checked). When the GM want's to shuffle back any used cards then they reset the card deck.

This does not simulate a deck where cards are taken off the top and put back at the bottom. But it does simulate a complete shuffle of a deck and removing cards from a shuffled deck.

Existing tables

This works with existing tables - the "Cards?" check button is added to existing tables if this extension is enabled. If you don't want this to break non-card tables then don't select this check button and if you do, don't click any of the "Used?" check buttons as this will change the number ranges.

Known Issue
- If a new table is created through the right-click menu it will show the "Used" check boxes when first opened. Close the table and re-open it to show no check boxes.
- Occasionally, on the player side, a table with a lot of cards will display one less card used/die roll. But the die roll will be correct.

Previous downloads: 758

Use the version from the Forge if you're using FG Unity - the extension file below is for FG Classic only!

Blackfoot
January 31st, 2015, 21:23
That's very cool, it will work well with the module I created for the harrow deck.

Blackfoot
January 31st, 2015, 21:40
A little odd behavior... the extension is causing the 3rd column to wrap... no matter how wide I make the table.

Blackfoot
January 31st, 2015, 21:45
Also seems to do something a bit odd with the sort after you click the box.. makes it pretty hard to find the next card to click.

Trenloe
January 31st, 2015, 21:46
I only tried it with single columns. I'll look into the anchoring for more than one column. It shouldn't stop you using it.

Blackfoot
January 31st, 2015, 21:47
True enough. Seems pretty nifty really.

Trenloe
January 31st, 2015, 21:47
Also seems to do something a bit odd with the sort after you click the box.. makes it pretty hard to find the next card to click.
Is this a table in a module or a previously created one? Can you try it on a newly created table?

Blackfoot
January 31st, 2015, 21:48
Working with a module.. will try it with a regular older table and brand new one.

Blackfoot
January 31st, 2015, 21:58
OK... it does seem to work differently with the module vs a new or old table. In a non-module it moves the blanks to the top.. in a module.. well it gets kinda crazy. I can't figure what the order of things is there.
Note: it will permanently change the order of the items in your tables (including modules)... AND DO NOT use it with weighted tables as it will simplify your list to the least number of entries.

Trenloe
January 31st, 2015, 22:12
Note: it will permanently change the order of the items in your tables (including modules)... AND DO NOT use it with weighted tables as it will simplify your list to the least number of entries.
Yeah, mentioned this above. If you want weighted numbers (i.e. multiple cards of the same type) then you'll need to enter them separately. This is simulating cards, not other types of tables - if you don't click the "Used?" check box then your normal tables will continue to operate as before. As mentioned above, I'll be adding in a separate option to enable a table as a "card deck" sometime soon...

Blackfoot
January 31st, 2015, 22:14
That's probably a good idea. Will keep folks from accidentally hosing up their tables. :)

Gwaihir Scout
January 31st, 2015, 22:35
Looks cool, thanks.

Trenloe
January 31st, 2015, 22:41
OK... it does seem to work differently with the module vs a new or old table. In a non-module it moves the blanks to the top.. in a module.. well it gets kinda crazy. I can't figure what the order of things is there.
I was keeping the original order and just changing the range.

I've got a fix for this which I'll include in a bug fix release very soon...

damned
January 31st, 2015, 22:53
well done Trenloe. This is a cool feature.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-4.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Trenloe
January 31st, 2015, 23:35
V0.2 uploaded to post #1. Fixed multiple column wrap and module table ordering.

Blackfoot
January 31st, 2015, 23:52
Awesome. :)

damned
February 1st, 2015, 00:58
I think Im going to have to introduce some style of Boon Cards to the game just to use this!

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-7.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Trenloe
February 1st, 2015, 16:48
V0.3 available for download in post #1.

Adds a "Cards?" option to the table to turn card use on/off.
Fixed module die roll indicator not updating when card used, the die roll was correct.

Golgorosh
February 6th, 2015, 17:33
This is a great great idea. I'll try this later on but it is gonna make a huge difference for games like the future edition of Paranoia or for games like Gaean Reach where you create characters with cards.
Thanx a lot !! More after testing it out.

Andraax
February 6th, 2015, 17:55
I use it in C&C for those "random encounter" tables, where you want each encounter to only happen once.

Golgorosh
February 7th, 2015, 08:33
This is ULTRA WUNDERBAR !!!
I made the Tarot deck for an old french RPG called Malefices.

Tarot de Maléfices RPG (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0XWUrzk3M3cWGZQOGdCaGR4VEk/view?usp=sharing)

My dream comes true, thanks to you Trenloe !!

damned
February 7th, 2015, 08:47
Golgorosh Im not sure if the extension is working properly. The module is though :)

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-9.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)

hawkwind
February 10th, 2015, 09:13
cool just need to work how to input the Deck of many things

SpellKeeper
February 19th, 2015, 02:56
This is essentially all I've ever needed for FG! Is there a way for the players to have hands? And a way to assign values to the cards, so they can be used for attributes, health, rolls, etc?

Blackfoot
February 19th, 2015, 03:12
This is essentially all I've ever needed for FG! Is there a way for the players to have hands? And a way to assign values to the cards, so they can be used for attributes, health, rolls, etc?
It's all about the images you attach to the tables. The GM can roll on the table then share the image that appears with whichever PC they like. Seems like it would be quite cumbersome to play cards with it though.

Trenloe
February 19th, 2015, 03:24
*If* the GM shared the table *and* all of the attached images/linked items in the table then the player could roll on the table and open the links. The GM would have to check off the cards that were used/"drawn" from the table - the players can't do this. Also, the players would be able to see what is left on the table and open the links - so not ideal if they shouldn't know what is left in the table. I suppose the GM could only share the image once it appeared in the chat window so that the players couldn't see the image or whatever is linked in the table until the GM shares the result. But, this is all taking away from the players rolling on the table, you may as well just leave it all to the GM to roll and then they share the result with the relevant players.

Sarielo
June 19th, 2015, 01:23
i think i am a fool? how i am setting this up? in but it in my Exention folder and start a new campain with this ext. but what now?

Trenloe
June 19th, 2015, 01:42
i think i am a fool? how i am setting this up? in but it in my Exention folder and start a new campain with this ext. but what now?
Post #1 gives you info on how this works. You need to set up a campaign table (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables) so you can simulate a deck of cards from the entries in the table.

Sarielo
June 19th, 2015, 02:48
You need to set up a campaign table (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables) so you can simulate a deck of cards from the entries in the table.

That wars the Jumping Point! Thank you allot! i didnt know to find the tables

Trenloe
June 19th, 2015, 02:51
That wars the Jumping Point! Thank you allot! i didnt know to find the tables
Glad that got you heading in the right direction. :) I've updated post #1 to include a link to campaign tables.

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2015, 06:49
Update to 0.4.

New features:

Option to automatically mark the card dealt as "used".
Players can deal cards from and reset card decks shared with them by the GM.
Used cards are moved to the bottom of the list.

damned
October 2nd, 2015, 07:35
So good - well done Trenloe!

lachancery
October 3rd, 2015, 01:18
Very cool! Zelshanya will make use of that one. :)

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2015, 03:20
Zelshanya will make use of that one. :)
And so she should!

It was actually you and Darren using them that prompted me to revisit the extension, with a more experienced eye. :)

Blackfoot
October 4th, 2015, 06:30
This is going to work quite well for one of my FG Con PFS Scenarios.

darrenan
October 4th, 2015, 20:06
Just like buttah!

darrenan
November 2nd, 2015, 01:10
Small nit I just noticed: When creating a new table, the default state of the "Cards?" checkbox is unchecked and the "Used?" column header is not visible, but the checkboxes for the "Used?" column are visible.

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2015, 02:49
Small nit I just noticed: When creating a new table, the default state of the "Cards?" checkbox is unchecked and the "Used?" column header is not visible, but the checkboxes for the "Used?" column are visible.
Added to the known issues list in post #1. This only occurs when a table is created using the right-click menu, and only when then table is first opened. Close the table and open it again to remove the used check boxes.

LeperColony
January 16th, 2016, 22:43
Does this extension allow players to have a hand, or is it just for generating one card at a time?

Blackfoot
January 17th, 2016, 18:15
One card at a time. It isn't really built to do card playing.

Jwguy
February 1st, 2016, 05:45
This extension is great, but it appears to conflict with the 3.5e Ruleset's included Critical and Fumble tables. Whenever one is triggered automatically a die roll, it brings up the following message:

Script Error: [string "basic_card_deck_tables.lua"]:149: attempt to index a nil value

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 18:35
This extension is great, but it appears to conflict with the 3.5e Ruleset's included Critical and Fumble tables. Whenever one is triggered automatically a die roll, it brings up the following message:

Script Error: [string "basic_card_deck_tables.lua"]:149: attempt to index a nil value
Open the critical tables once before using within a campaign. This will set the flags read by the extension correctly and avoid this error.

Jwguy
February 3rd, 2016, 16:19
I'll give that a shot, then. Thanks.

Trenloe
February 15th, 2016, 18:26
This extension needs an update to be compatible with FG v3.1.6 released on 12th February. Standby for an update soon...

This is actually an issue with the base CoreRPG code, mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28328-Release-v3-1-6&p=253996&viewfull=1#post253996 Hopefully there will be a way to address this issue, at present this extension is effectively broken in FG v 3.1.6. :(

Calisto
March 6th, 2016, 21:28
Do we know if this was fixed with the 3.17 patch? I upgraded to 3.17 and just installed this and see the following error when creating a new table.

Script Error: [string "table_carddeck.lua"]:8: attempt to index field 'header2' (a nil value)

Looking forward to using this with Curse of Strahd for the Tarokka Deck when it comes out, unless the adventure will have the Tarokka Deck included in some way :)

Trenloe
March 6th, 2016, 21:30
Do we know if this was fixed with the 3.17 patch? I upgraded to 3.17 and just installed this and see the following error when creating a new table.

Script Error: [string "table_carddeck.lua"]:8: attempt to index field 'header2' (a nil value)

Looking forward to using this with Curse of Strahd for the Tarokka Deck when it comes out, unless the adventure will have the Tarokka Deck included in some way :)
It will work with v3.1.7, but I need to update it. v3.1.6 changed some of the header names within the tables so I need to update to take that into account too. I stopped my version specific updating when the v3.1.6 main issue was discovered as there was no point until the base issue (blank being read as a 0) was fixed.

Trenloe
March 6th, 2016, 23:01
FG v3.1.7 compatibility update. Download extension version 0.5 from post #1.

Calisto
March 8th, 2016, 05:50
Hooray! Thank you Trenloe for you excellent work on this!

martel
March 12th, 2016, 16:27
Hey, i just tested :-)

Xydonus
April 22nd, 2016, 15:35
Loving this extension!

I've gone ahead and created my own card game for use within a game I'm running. It's going to be a blatant rip-off from Witcher 3's Gwent.

AncientArchaic
September 16th, 2016, 07:47
This is exciting, If I were to introduce a rune set for runic readings, this sounds like it'd be a stepping stone

Craftzero
September 20th, 2016, 19:07
Love this extension, very well written.

I do have a request... Is it possible for the card to become an *item*? As in, it goes into the player's inventory?

I've been able to create items for my cards that have an associated graphic to them that the players then place into their inventory. These cards have effects that they can use when they wish - and then they delete the card.

Possible? :)

Trenloe
September 20th, 2016, 19:13
I do have a request... Is it possible for the card to become an *item*? As in, it goes into the player's inventory?
You can add an item link to the "card" (row in the table) and when that "card" is selected there will also be a link to the item. The player can access the item details only if it has been shared, so it is probably better for you (the GM) to add it to their inventory.

Myrdin Potter
November 22nd, 2016, 06:29
So I can link images, story entries or items in the table?

The cards I am looking at have a black and white line drawing and a small amount of text. I can capture the card in total in a jpg or make story entries with links to the small images.

Is this extension best with images?

damned
November 22nd, 2016, 12:55

The cards I am looking at have a black and white line drawing and a small amount of text. I can capture the card in total in a jpg or make story entries with links to the small images.

This extension works well with images.

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2016, 15:02

Use it how you want to use it. It's a normal FG table, you can have multiple columns if you want, so you can have multiple links (e.g. one image and one story) per row. Experiment and see what works best for you and the cards you have.

tlavalle
December 1st, 2016, 02:19
do you think this could be used for through the breach?

Trenloe
December 1st, 2016, 18:36
do you think this could be used for through the breach?
I don't know the details of Through the Breach.

This extension simulates dealing random cards from one (or more) decks at a time.

There's nothing within the extension to simulate players holding a hand of cards, or playing a card from a hand. However, this can be done manually with a bit of drag/drop from the card dealt (from the chat window) into player note entries (one note window per player hand) to create links to the "card" in the note window, then manual deletion of the card link from the note window once they card is played.

tlavalle
December 1st, 2016, 18:41
Through the breach (TTB) the player has a deck (twist) of 13 cards, from a standard 52 card deck. they draw three from the twist deck and hold as hand. to determine if they pass a skill check (Duel) they draw one from the community deck. if they dont like the card they can cheat a card from their twist deck. it goes on from there.

Trenloe
December 1st, 2016, 18:44
Through the breach (TTB) the player has a deck (twist) of 13 cards, from a standard 52 card deck. they draw three from the twist deck and hold as hand. to determine if they pass a skill check (Duel) they draw one from the community deck. if they dont like the card they can cheat a card from their twist deck. it goes on from there.
I think you could use this extension - but there would be a lot of fiddling to get the cards in the right places - community deck, twist deck, player hand, etc..

All I can say is you're best giving it a test run and seeing if you can make it work well enough to play without too much fiddling.

tlavalle
December 1st, 2016, 20:16
i am going to give it a try.

tlavalle
December 2nd, 2016, 03:15
how do i add images to this table now that i have i created?

LindseyFan
December 2nd, 2016, 03:22
I was thinking of TTB while reading this as well!

tlavalle
December 2nd, 2016, 03:34
yea, if there is a way to save to cards from each player's twist deck. and allow them to draw from the general the deck. i know the cheating can work as that is dragging to the chat window. if i can get this to work i will run a game.

i know it doesn't do this yet.

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2016, 06:45
how do i add images to this table now that i have i created?
Add images to the FG campaign just like you would any other maps/images and then drag the image link to the table.

Topdecker
December 13th, 2016, 21:53
Trenloe -

I just discovered that this extension is not working as expected with Savage Worlds (when you open a table, there is no place to place a checkmark next to CARDS?) but seems fine when I have 5e loaded up. I have tried this with the Deadlands Reloaded and Beasts & Barbarians themes, and get the same behavior.

Thanks!

Trenloe
December 13th, 2016, 23:05
I just discovered that this extension is not working as expected with Savage Worlds (when you open a table, there is no place to place a checkmark next to CARDS?)
Thanks for reporting.

This is due to the Savage Worlds ruleset using a different definition for button_checkbox than CoreRPG. I've done a quick fix - please find attached. I've done a test in DLR and base Savage Worlds and it appears to be working OK. Make sure you see version 0.5a in the chat window.

Topdecker
December 13th, 2016, 23:19
Totally nailed it, Trenloe. Greatly appreciate it!

Gothstaff
January 7th, 2017, 04:17
This is a useful extension! I see it applied to more than just cards though, maybe the "cards" part of it should be renamed to the more generic category of "stack" that way when used in any other type of items, the "cards" radio button makes more sense.
Just a thought.

Topdecker
January 21st, 2017, 14:13
Following the latest update, I am now getting errors when opening any and all tables with this extension enabled.

EDIT: Savage Worlds ruleset in the event that this matters

Andraax
January 21st, 2017, 14:23
Following the latest update, I am now getting errors when opening any and all tables with this extension enabled.

EDIT: Savage Worlds ruleset in the event that this matters

Just tested in C&C, happens in that ruleset as well.

Trenloe
January 24th, 2017, 02:14
Appreciate the posts to let me know there might be issues. @Topdecker - could you expand on "getting errors" please? i.e. provide an example of the errors you're getting. Thanks.

Trenloe
January 24th, 2017, 04:06
New updated version (0.6) available for download in post #1.

@Topdecker and Andraax - I hope this addresses the errors you saw?

Andraax
January 24th, 2017, 05:26
Seems to have done so.

Topdecker
January 24th, 2017, 16:55
Everything is looking good, thank you!

Wargamer777
February 15th, 2017, 20:57
This is going to be perfect for TORG!

Trenloe
February 15th, 2017, 21:28
This is going to be perfect for TORG!
Cool! Let us know how you go. Maybe provide some screenshots? :)

Remedeez
April 21st, 2017, 18:56
Thank you so much for this! I've been wanting to use EN5ider's Cardcaster class for FOREVER now, and I'm so excited I can do it now with this!! *squeeeeee*

astromath
May 9th, 2017, 04:45
For some reason I can't click on the attached files link. Can you provide a different link?

Trenloe
May 9th, 2017, 04:47
For some reason I can't click on the attached files link. Can you provide a different link?
Try this:

astromath
May 9th, 2017, 04:48
This produces the message "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Trenloe
May 9th, 2017, 04:49
This produces the message "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
Try it again. I edited the attachment immediately after posting. You were probably too fast out of the blocks! :)

astromath
May 9th, 2017, 04:51
Got it that time. Thx.

Ixion77
October 27th, 2017, 00:47
Form me not showing properly under SW base ruleset campaign (only base ruleset, not DLR).
See pic
Any hint?

Trenloe
October 27th, 2017, 05:26
Form me not showing properly under SW base ruleset campaign (only base ruleset, not DLR).
See pic
Any hint?
This doesn't appear to be compatible with the Savage Worlds ruleset. I'll have a look sometime soon - I can't say when, sorry.

lokiare
October 30th, 2017, 19:47
This doesn't appear to be compatible with the Savage Worlds ruleset. I'll have a look sometime soon - I can't say when, sorry.

Has anyone made a set of decks for standard games in a module for this yet?

Trenloe
October 31st, 2017, 01:05
See pic
Any hint?
Sorry, but this isn't easy to fix in a generic extension - I've had a quick try. Savage Worlds overrides the base <button_checkbox> control template that this extension uses. I'd have to make a completely different extension specific to Savage Worlds. I might do that sometime in the future, but not at the moment.

Trenloe
October 31st, 2017, 01:06
Has anyone made a set of decks for standard games in a module for this yet?
I don't think so. What kind of decks were you thinking of?

lokiare
October 31st, 2017, 23:17
I don't think so. What kind of decks were you thinking of?

Just standard playing card decks that have been exported to a module. I created one on my own using card art from opengameart.org CC0. It took about 30 minutes.

damned
November 1st, 2017, 00:52
Can you share if it is CC art?

mr900rr
July 19th, 2018, 05:46
This is very cool, I will be using this in a upcoming game.

Forecaster
December 5th, 2018, 12:05
There seems to be an incompatibility with the random treasure generator (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44001-5E-Random-Treasure-Generator) which causes automatically marking cards as used to not work. There are no errors in the console that I can see.

Trenloe
December 5th, 2018, 12:44
There seems to be an incompatibility with the random treasure generator (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44001-5E-Random-Treasure-Generator) which causes automatically marking cards as used to not work. There are no errors in the console that I can see.
I can't recreate this - if I have a non-read only table "Cards?" and "Auto?" selected I see the "Used?" flag being set.

Could you provide screenshots of the issue and steps to reproduce please?

Forecaster
December 5th, 2018, 13:03
I can't recreate this - if I have a non-read only table "Cards?" and "Auto?" selected I see the "Used?" flag being set.

Could you provide screenshots of the issue and steps to reproduce please?

Ah, sorry, I linked the wrong extension. I'd forgotten I had two of them.

There's an incompatibility with this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44643-Generators-Extension not with random treasure generator

Bidmaron
December 5th, 2018, 13:25
Well, I have to say that doesn’t surprise me. Both Trenloe and I are doing things behind the scenes with tables. Can you post the offending table please?

Forecaster
December 5th, 2018, 13:31
I've been testing with just this:

https://i.imgur.com/poI7iq3.png

Bidmaron
December 6th, 2018, 04:18
I will work it this weekend. The upcoming 3.3.7 will break Generators hard, and it will be some time before I can get it up to speed with 3.3.7. The asynchronous rolls that were a big reason to make it has been fixed in 3.3.7. The features Generators has that still add value are import/export of tables/generators without using modules, dynamic construction of table names (e.g. where you could roll on a variable table like [race result][sex result] to roll something for say a Gnome-female or an Orc-male. I will have lots of other features later when I return to the project, but I am afraid I will have to take it down over holidays because I won't have time to work on it.

Gozer the Gozerian
January 12th, 2019, 08:31
You mentioned earlier that a card can be added to inventory by putting an Item link on the table. Can you explain what you mean? Do I need to create each card as an Item?

Forecaster
January 12th, 2019, 13:51
You mentioned earlier that a card can be added to inventory by putting an Item link on the table. Can you explain what you mean? Do I need to create each card as an Item?

Yes, you need to put item links in the table

Then you can drag the item the table outputs from the chat or parcel to a player to give it to them

tlavalle
January 14th, 2019, 05:08
how would i setup the cards that are drawn, to belong to the character drawing the cards, and can you setup a seperate deck per player?

Trenloe
January 14th, 2019, 05:25
how would i setup the cards that are drawn, to belong to the character drawing the cards, and can you setup a seperate deck per player?
Each table is a deck, so make one table per player. Then share each table with the relevant player.

If the table has links to other records, then those will need to be accessible to the player using the table - either shared records from a campaign, or a module the player has open

EDIT: The issue you'll have is that the player can't edit the table - it will be read only to them. They can re-shuffle the deck (via the right hand menu) and the drawn cards will be marked as "used" if the GM has "Auto?" checked. But the player can't manually mark cards as used, only the GM can.

Wise Orc Tavern
April 3rd, 2019, 15:17
First of all I would really like to thank you for doing this. Not only it's an amazing job, but this opens so many possibilitites, that I am sure at some point when FG evolves this will be on it, and we will have you to thanks for.

I do have two questions though:

1. I know how to create the table and how to add an image linked to each "card", but if I want that card to also be an item that I can drag and drop into a player equipment list, how can I do it? Is it possible to have more than one link, one for the image and another for the item? Is there a way around it so I can accomplish that?

2. I like to use cards so players can see all their items with an image, something like the old spellfire. So I create cards of their weapons and armor and give to them. Is there a way that they can keep the cards anywhere so they can access their images when they just want to have fun looking at it? Would have them creating a note with the link would let them open it anytime they want or is there a better way to do it?

Thank you again, this is the kind of work that helps so many in exchange of so little that should alwyas be commended.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2019, 15:33
1.I know how to create the table and how to add an image linked to each "card", but if I want that card to also be an item that I can drag and drop into a player equipment list, how can I do it? Is it possible to have more than one link, one for the image and another for the item? Is there a way around it so I can accomplish that?
Add another column to the table via table edit mode (click the brown / icon to enter edit mode). Then you can drag a link to each column.

2. I like to use cards so players can see all their items with an image, something like the old spellfire. So I create cards of their weapons and armor and give to them. Is there a way that they can keep the cards anywhere so they can access their images when they just want to have fun looking at it? Would have them creating a note with the link would let them open it anytime they want or is there a better way to do it?
It's probably easiest for the players to add the links to a note that they own.

Blackfoot
April 3rd, 2019, 15:44

If you look at it the other way around.. you can add the image link to any item's description.. then you have the whole thing wrapped up in a nice package.
You can then put the ITEM into the table rather than the IMAGE.. and voila.. you have it all.

Wise Orc Tavern
April 3rd, 2019, 16:15
Thank you so much mates, that worked like a charm.

I also would like to point out that all this is so good, that I spend more time learning how to do things than actually building up an adventure. That would give a good thread, something like: How to keep your learn addiction at bay and actually use your FG!

Thanks again.

Nylanfs
April 3rd, 2019, 16:22
Like I tell everyone that wants to learn the data for PCGen, it's a slippery slope. :)

Wookiee420
June 2nd, 2019, 20:35
does this currently work with savage worlds? i read the comments back and forth and i couldnt figure it out :p

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2019, 03:08
does this currently work with savage worlds?
Nope. Reasoning here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions&p=362443&viewfull=1#post362443

Gwydion
July 16th, 2019, 17:41
Just wanted to say thanks for this! I obtained approval from the author of the board game Roll Player to convert the game for free into FG and I was trying to figure out how to handle a dice bag where dice are pulled out along with how to handle card decks. This extension will work for both cases. Very cool.

Trenloe
July 16th, 2019, 17:58
Just wanted to say thanks for this! I obtained approval from the author of the board game Roll Player to convert the game for free into FG and I was trying to figure out how to handle a dice bag where dice are pulled out along with how to handle card decks. This extension will work for both cases. Very cool.
Glad it's still getting some good use! I've played Roll Player a few times and like it - running on FG will be even better as it will streamline the points calculations, which can slow the game down quite a bit...

Gwydion
July 26th, 2019, 14:53
Glad it's still getting some good use! I've played Roll Player a few times and like it - running on FG will be even better as it will streamline the points calculations, which can slow the game down quite a bit...

Question for you, Trenloe. I'm getting pretty far in this conversion but your post got me curious. How do you think I could best streamline points calculations? Are you thinking the attributes in particular? Best I can think of right now is a linked excel sheet where I can make the calculations easier. I've thought about using the character sheets within FG so that I could put the three dice in for the attributes but my brain isn't finding an easy way to automate the calculations within FG. If you have specific recommendations I'm all ears. Trying to get to an initial beta of this to roll out soon but am curious as to what you were thinking when you commented. Thanks!

Trenloe
July 26th, 2019, 19:26
Question for you, Trenloe. I'm getting pretty far in this conversion but your post got me curious. How do you think I could best streamline points calculations? Are you thinking the attributes in particular? Best I can think of right now is a linked excel sheet where I can make the calculations easier. I've thought about using the character sheets within FG so that I could put the three dice in for the attributes but my brain isn't finding an easy way to automate the calculations within FG. If you have specific recommendations I'm all ears. Trying to get to an initial beta of this to roll out soon but am curious as to what you were thinking when you commented. Thanks!
It really depends how far you want to go. In an ideal world, the bonuses for each race, class, backstory and alignment would be stored somewhere - probably in a LUA table like the gamesystem info is, so this could be accessed easily via LUA scripting. Then that could be used to calculate the current points total, on the fly as each dice is added to or rearranged in the attributes section, or the alignment is shifted or armor/trait cards are added. I don't know how far you intend to take this and how much of this information would be available.

Gwydion
July 26th, 2019, 19:43
It really depends how far you want to go. In an ideal world, the bonuses for each race, class, backstory and alignment would be stored somewhere - probably in a LUA table like the gamesystem info is, so this could be accessed easily via LUA scripting. Then that could be used to calculate the current points total, on the fly as each dice is added to or rearranged in the attributes section, or the alignment is shifted or armor/trait cards are added. I don't know how far you intend to take this and how much of this information would be available.

Ok. Now I'm following you. If I had the first idea at all of how to code anything in any language I might go down that road. However, given I have limited time outside of work and don't know a thing about coding, I think I'll just need to go down the route I have been. I still might try the excel sheet idea to help automate the calculations. Thanks, Trenloe.

CapitanAndyman
July 28th, 2019, 04:37
I'm interested in using this extension, but I'm having trouble finding the link in the opening post. Sorry if I'm just blind...

LordEntrails
July 28th, 2019, 04:42
I'm interested in using this extension, but I'm having trouble finding the link in the opening post. Sorry if I'm just blind...
Attachment do not show (or have a link) if you are not viewing the full site using the FG Responsive theme. If you are viewing on mobile or your browser is in mobile mode, change it to Full Site (desktop version) and make sure your theme in the bottom left corner is set to FG Responsive.

CapitanAndyman
July 28th, 2019, 05:15
Attachment do not show (or have a link) if you are not viewing the full site using the FG Responsive theme. If you are viewing on mobile or your browser is in mobile mode, change it to Full Site (desktop version) and make sure your theme in the bottom left corner is set to FG Responsive.

Exactly it, thanks!

lozanoje
January 10th, 2020, 00:12
Nope. Reasoning here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions&p=362443&viewfull=1#post362443

Did you ever return to this issue of adapting the extensión to SW?

Trenloe
January 10th, 2020, 03:01
Did you ever return to this issue of adapting the extensión to SW?

Nope.

Hector Trelane
April 1st, 2020, 16:36
Using this now with MoreCore for version 3.3.10 and seems to be working fine.

Thanks for this smart extension. I'll be turning to games that use card mechanics so this will come in handy. (Arguably card support should be a core feature of FG.)

Trenloe
April 1st, 2020, 16:39
Using this now with MoreCore for version 3.3.10 and seems to be working fine.

Thanks for this smart extension. I'll be turning to games that use card mechanics so this will come in handy.
Cool - glad it works for you! :)

Tycandus
April 2nd, 2020, 16:14
Will this work with Unity?

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2020, 16:16
Will this work with Unity?
I haven't tried it. Give it a try and let us know please!

tlavalle
April 10th, 2020, 22:00
Each table is a deck, so make one table per player. Then share each table with the relevant player.

If the table has links to other records, then those will need to be accessible to the player using the table - either shared records from a campaign, or a module the player has open

EDIT: The issue you'll have is that the player can't edit the table - it will be read only to them. They can re-shuffle the deck (via the right hand menu) and the drawn cards will be marked as "used" if the GM has "Auto?" checked. But the player can't manually mark cards as used, only the GM can.

ok, but if the player draws three cards from the deck how do I attach the card to the player so they can use to cheat on their skill check?

Hector Trelane
April 10th, 2020, 22:13
ok, but if the player draws three cards from the deck how do I attach the card to the player so they can use to cheat on their skill check?

They (or you) would drag the resulting text or links reported by the table to the chat window (when they draw the “card”) from there to their character sheet (if it accepts links, as in MoreCore character sheets) or a Note.

This is my plan for some games I’ll be hosting. One of the links the table will report is an image of the card in question. So the players really will get the card. AND since the GM can restrict access to the card to only the player(s) that should see it, private hands of cards are possible.

Bada-bing, bada-boom.

tlavalle
April 10th, 2020, 22:22
im trying to get things up and running a trough the breach game

Hector Trelane
April 10th, 2020, 23:00
im trying to get things up and running a trough the breach game

If cards are a central resolution mechanic, you may want to use the officially-supported Savage Worlds ruleset that builds these features in with various tools. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=DGASW3

That's not a perfect solution, either, since you'd then be dealing with a lot of custom content specific to Savage Worlds on the character sheets, etc.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2020, 21:28
Minor update available in post #1.

v0.7: message in chat to indicate deck needs shuffling when trying to get a card from an empty deck.

Thanks to superteddy57 for the code!

ShotGun Jolly
November 29th, 2020, 19:09
Oh, just found this.. this will work with core or MoreCore, right?

Trenloe
November 29th, 2020, 19:11
Oh, just found this.. this will work with core or MoreCore, right?
Yes. See the second paragraph in the first post! ;-)

Milmoor
December 3rd, 2020, 21:26
I'm doing some testing with this. Very nice. It looked as if I needed to open the table to roll. I can drag the Roll button to the shortcut bar, but it will be stuck at a certain value when I do that. This can be solved: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-61681.html

type /rollon tablename in the chat and drag that to the hotkey (don't press enter)

paladinlee
February 20th, 2021, 22:48
With the latest FG release, I am not getting error messages, but the tables are not marking the cards as used when Auto is selected.

Nevermind, its a conflict w some other extension.

JonStormbringer
July 20th, 2021, 19:03
Apologies for necroing this thread, but I just got shown this extension. I'm working on a Tarroka deck for my 5E campaign. I plan to use the 'deck' a couple of different ways.

My question is: Will this extension work when automating table rolls in a story entry? So if I want to set up my story/generator to pull seven unique cards, will it do so with this extension active?

Trying to set up a couple story generator pages. One to use as a standard, in game, Tarroka deck. One to use as a backstory generator, and one to use as a generalized plot generator.

Thanks--wish I'd found this one sooner! I don't use a lot of extensions, but as far as I'm concerned, this is a must have!

Zacchaeus
July 20th, 2021, 19:22
I assume you mean a story template when you say story entry. The answer is yes the cards drawn will be unique and you won't get any repeat cards. Follow the instructions in the first page and tick the auto box on the table that you create with your cards linked to the rows. Then call the table from your template the desired amount of times. (this is why I pointed you to this extension - it does exactly what you wanted per your original post).

Trenloe
July 20th, 2021, 19:26
My question is: Will this extension work when automating table rolls in a story entry? So if I want to set up my story/generator to pull seven unique cards, will it do so with this extension active?
Unfortunately it doesn't fully work. It doesn't check off the previously selected cards. Interestingly, it does limit itself to currently available "cards" if other options have been removed.

I may have a look at seeing if this is straight-forward to update for removing the cards already used. The main issue I'd see is having to manually reset the table before using the story template again.

EDIT: Just seen Zacchaeus's response - unless he knows of a way of getting it to check off the "cards" selected, even with the table set to "auto".

JonStormbringer
July 20th, 2021, 19:36
I assume you mean a story template when you say story entry. The answer is yes the cards drawn will be unique and you won't get any repeat cards. Follow the instructions in the first page and tick the auto box on the table that you create with your cards linked to the rows. Then call the table from your template the desired amount of times. (this is why I pointed you to this extension - it does exactly what you wanted per your original post).

Great, thanks! As soon as I get the deck fully created I'll give it a try.

Yes, story template is what I meant! I wasn't sure how/if the story template would interact with the extension. I'll get the deck done and try it out. Thanks again!

Trenloe
July 20th, 2021, 20:06
Looking into the code in the standard extension - as mentioned above, it won't check/tick cards as they're used when "Auto" is set.

I've made a new version, see post #138 below.

Zacchaeus
July 20th, 2021, 20:36
EDIT: Just seen Zacchaeus's response - unless he knows of a way of getting it to check off the "cards" selected, even with the table set to "auto".

Zacchaeus was most likely misunderstanding how this extension worked :)

Trenloe
July 20th, 2021, 22:25
Here's an updated version with an auto plus shuffle option.

I've added this version into the FGU Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/97/view Subscribing via the forge will allow you to get updates via the FG update process.

The options are now a string cycler when the "Cards?" checkmark is selected - the values are "-" (default - no auto check or auto shuffling), "Auto" (auto checking but no auto shuffling) and "A+S" (auto check plus auto shuffling when the last card is used).

So, if you want to use the card functionality in a story template, change the card option to "A+S" for the relevant tables.

JonStormbringer
July 20th, 2021, 23:34
Just wanted to say thanks! It works like a charm! Thanks to Zacchaeus for pointing me this direction and thanks to Trenloe for this added functionality. V2 worked great for me and did exactly what I wanted it to. (Forgot to shuffle the deck after each roll, but did try the auto shuffle after the whole deck was drawn--worked great!)

My next steps are to add image files for each card and then to make a table top image to make it look like my fortune teller is putting cards down on a table. When I get it done, I'll share a couple screen caps or maybe even a video.

Thanks again!

Trenloe
July 21st, 2021, 15:20
I've now added the version from post #138 above into the FGU Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/97/view Subscribing via the forge will allow you to get updates via the FG update process.

JonStormbringer
July 22nd, 2021, 14:58
I downloaded V2 and installed in manually--placing it in my extensions folder. When I put v2 in, I deleted the other version I had already loaded so I wouldn't get confused.

When I subscribed on the forge and it updated, it added another extension, without the v2 identifier. Which one should I use? I just want to make sure I'm using the one they may/will get updates.

Thanks!

Trenloe
July 22nd, 2021, 15:00
I downloaded V2 and installed in manually--placing it in my extensions folder. When I put v2 in, I deleted the other version I had already loaded so I wouldn't get confused.

When I subscribed on the forge and it updated, it added another extension, without the v2 identifier. Which one should I use? I just want to make sure I'm using the one they may/will get updates.

Thanks!
The V2 one is the one from this thread. Remove that one, so you'll get updates via the forge in future.

macDsinfo
November 21st, 2021, 18:44
Thank you.

Drogo210
December 10th, 2021, 21:47
Hi, Would be possible to add a feature that after x roll will shuffle? Then I can automate the Beholder's Rays with ROLLON :D

Blackfoot
December 11th, 2021, 13:13
Hi, Would be possible to add a feature that after x roll will shuffle? Then I can automate the Beholder's Rays with ROLLON :D

Why not just use a table?

Drogo210
December 11th, 2021, 13:37
Because a Ray can be casted only once per turn

Trenloe
December 11th, 2021, 15:50
I’m not sure what functionality you’re requesting. Please provide full details.

Drogo210
December 11th, 2021, 16:34
I’m not sure what functionality you’re requesting. Please provide full details.

Right now the table can be automatically shuffled, and uses refreshed, when all rows are checked (A+S). Is it possible to add a 'function' that auto shuffle (uses refreshed) the table at X number of uses?

Better now?

adsmalley
February 27th, 2022, 20:43
Question. I installed this a little while ago, but the check box to remove cards that have been drawn is not showing up for me. I assume that I may have done something wrong when installing and activating this in Fantasy Grounds Unity. Any suggestions as to what I may have done wrong?

Trenloe
February 27th, 2022, 21:02
Question. I installed this a little while ago, but the check box to remove cards that have been drawn is not showing up for me. I assume that I may have done something wrong when installing and activating this in Fantasy Grounds Unity. Any suggestions as to what I may have done wrong?
Are you using the Forge to use the most up-to-date version? The link to the forge is provided at the top of post #1.

If you are using the version from the Forge, and have deleted the old one if you downloaded that, and are still having issues - please provide your log files created after loading a campaign with the extension enabled. Details on collecting log files are available here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1242136781/How+to+Compile+Logs

adsmalley
February 27th, 2022, 21:50
Yes, I had just downloaded and installed it earlier today for the first time to try to create a deck of cards for a game idea I have been working on (but have not tried in FGU before). So I think I did.

Trenloe
February 27th, 2022, 21:54
Yes, I had just downloaded and installed it earlier today for the first time to try to create a deck of cards for a game idea I have been working on (but have not tried in FGU before). So I think I did.
1) Don't download from the attachment in the first post of this thread - if you have, delete that file.
2) Use the link at the top of the first post to take you to the FG Forge subscribe to that product and then run a FG update.
3) None of those logfiles show that you've enabled the extension - before starting your campaign make sure you select "Basic Card Tables" from the Extensions list.

adsmalley
February 27th, 2022, 22:06
Thanks for the directions.

Although I had subscribed and then restarted FG and checked for updates, which didn't seem to work (it didn't appear to download the card table extension), as I thought that was how I was supposed to. But that didn't work, so then I downloaded it from the first post of the thread instead and that at least allowed me to access the card table ext.

But I will delete and try again.

Any idea why it didn't seem to download after I selected/subscribed to it the first time?

adsmalley
February 27th, 2022, 22:10
Deleted and restarted and it still isn't showing the check box to remove the "drawn" cards until the next time the deck is shuffled.

Trenloe
February 27th, 2022, 22:11
Deleted and restarted and it still isn't showing the check box to remove the "drawn" cards until the next time the deck is shuffled.
Please provide the log files again.

adsmalley
February 27th, 2022, 22:32
As requested.

And thank you Trenloe for helping me through this problem.

Trenloe
February 27th, 2022, 22:44
As requested.

And thank you Trenloe for helping me through this problem.
Basic Card Tables extension being loaded - there's nothing in the log files showing that you've selected it. See the screenshot below for the extension you should be enabling before loading the campaign:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51704

If you've done this - check in the chat window after loading the campaign - you should see an entry for the chat extension saying "Basic Card Tables - for FGU CoreRPG based rulesets by Trenloe."

adsmalley
February 27th, 2022, 23:08
That was the problem. Missed that I needed to check that in the Extensions. Suspected it was something simple like that, that I had missed. Really appreciate the help, even if I do feel like an idiot now.

adsmalley
March 1st, 2022, 20:10
If you look at it the other way around.. you can add the image link to any item's description.. then you have the whole thing wrapped up in a nice package.
You can then put the ITEM into the table rather than the IMAGE.. and voila.. you have it all.

I have been going through this thread trying to accomplish this very thing. Attaching an image of each card to the table, which didn't work for me as it would not link or attach to the table entry. Then created items for each card that I then linked to the table (which worked without a problem). But then when I try to drag an image to the Item description, it doesn't seem to attach. So then created an additional column in the table as per the first suggested fix and the image doesn't seem to link there either. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong/incorrectly in trying to link both an image and an item to the card draw results?

As mentioned previously, even though I have had FG for years, I have not used it much so suspect it is something simple that I'm doing wrong or missing in my attempts to make this work.

Editing this posts since no one has answered yet (suspect Trenlow and the other knowledgeable people who watch this thread are busy):

I was looking at feature that I was thinking about adding to the character sheet for the FGU implementation of a game that I've been working on for years and am hoping to be able to get additional play-test groups going to further test it out. It appears that this feature (check boxes, used to keep track of uses of skills for advancement/improvement purposes) is doable in the MoreCore rules set. Does the card extension (which I'm extremely impressed with and will come in handy as cards are the major mechanic behind this system) work with the MoreCore rules set also?

I get the impression from the reading I've done in the last hour or so that MoreCore is a heavily modified version of the Core system that I'm currently trying to implement this in, but wanted to check to see if it would cause problems, because if the card extension won't work with it then there is no sense in even considering switching over to MoreCore from the Core system.

adsmalley
March 4th, 2022, 01:03
Never heard a response back, so suspect maybe others read it before I had edited it to be clearer what I was asking.

Will the card table extension work with the MoreCore rules set?

Is there some trick or process that I'm missing to be able to link card images to the table results or the card items created and linked to the table results? I can't seem to link the images to either the table. I have tried dragging the image link to the table, which didn't work. So then created items for each card that I linked to each card in the card table, but then can't seem to link the image for each card to the card item either (that is now linked to each card result on the table). Had also tried to create a second column on the table, but that won't let me drag the image to that second column either. Is there some other extension that I need in order to link the card images to the card table or items?

Trenloe
March 4th, 2022, 02:15
Will the card table extension work with the MoreCore rules set?
Yes.

Is there some trick or process that I'm missing to be able to link card images to the table results or the card items created and linked to the table results? I can't seem to link the images to either the table. I have tried dragging the image link to the table, which didn't work. So then created items for each card that I linked to each card in the card table, but then can't seem to link the image for each card to the card item either (that is now linked to each card result on the table). Had also tried to create a second column on the table, but that won't let me drag the image to that second column either. Is there some other extension that I need in order to link the card images to the card table or items?
The card extension doesn't make any changes to the standard table layout functionality described here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640986/Using+Tables+to+Create+Random+Results

If you're experiencing problems dragging links to either the table or the formatted text section of an item record or a table row then make sure the table or item is unlocked. If you still can't drag a link to an unlocked table row then please take a screenshot showing the table setup and the image link you're trying to add.

adsmalley
March 4th, 2022, 02:33
Thank you Trenlow for helping with this issue.

Here is the requested screen shot.

As you can see both the Complete Tarot Deck table and the The Hanged Man item that is linked to that result in the table are both unlocked. I have tried dragging the image to every entry point in both of these (as well as other tables and other items) but it doesn't seem to work for me for some reason.

Trenloe
March 4th, 2022, 02:37
Thank you Trenlow for helping with this issue.

Here is the requested screen shot.

As you can see both the Complete Tarot Deck table and the The Hanged Man item that is linked to that result in the table are both unlocked. I have tried dragging the image to every entry point in both of these (as well as other tables and other items) but it doesn't seem to work for me for some reason.
Thanks for providing the screenshot - that helps to show the issue. Images in the assets window can't be linked within other records - the image needs to be in the campaign images list, and you drag the link button from the Images list. If the image you want to use isn't there then you'll need to open the asset and click the "Create Image Record" button.

adsmalley
March 5th, 2022, 01:55
Thank you for the explanation, Trenloe. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Looks like I should have done some more digging into how images worked and interacted with other components within Fantasy Grounds. I did not realize the modest level of complexity behind how some Fantasia Grounds features worked. But at the same time, can understand why such moderate complexity is needed, with the wide range of capabilities and interactions that can be set up within Fantasy Grounds.

One last question (I hope), if I make the switch from the Core ruleset to the MoreCore ruleset, can I do so within the current campaign I am setting up? Or will I need to go through some of these setup steps again? Just trying to get a feel for if I shoudl continue down the current path of trying to work out the basic features that I want to implement before possibly making the change over to the MoreCore ruleset, or if I should take the time to look more deeply into the MoreCore rules system and make the change sooner if it will be needed for some of the other later features I'm hoping to add to the campaign that I'm working on?

damned
March 5th, 2022, 02:02
Generally you cannot just change a campaign from one ruleset to another.
In terms of creating content you can export that content (from CoreRPG) and open it in MoreCore

MoreCore has a lot of additional stuff over CoreRPG. You should probably spend a little time playing with it and learning how it works. If you have questions post in the MoreCore thread and you will get help/suggestions.

adsmalley
March 5th, 2022, 02:29
Thank you. I will do so before I go any further working on my current project so I hopefully won't need to re-do too much work later.

damned
March 5th, 2022, 02:32
What game are you trying to play?

adsmalley
March 5th, 2022, 02:51
I was originally working on importing stuff from my custom Rolemaster setting that I've been using for more than 40 years and in the process of looking at ways to implement some of my plans using the Rolemaster rules set, I came across this thread quite by accident.

The use of cards, caught my attention, as there is another homebrew system that I've been toying around with for about 20 years that is loosely based off of The Everlasting (which was loosely based off of the White Wolf games and was developed by one of their freelance authors for some of their books). However The Everlasting had a really cool Tarot card mechanic that seemed interesting, but that had a lot of issues/problems when it came to its actual use. So about 20 years ago I started trying to figure out a way to fix the issues with it and have done some limited in-person play testing, but that was sidelines a couple of years ago. So when I saw the card-table module here, I thought it might be easy to implement and do additional play-testing.