PDA

View Full Version : How to totally uninstall FG

lbealsjr
January 28th, 2015, 00:16
Thanks to Par5e, which decided to eat every file in my user profile, I had to generate a new user profile on my computer. Uninstalled and reinstalled FG but it still points to my old user profile for the application data folder instead of my new user profile. In fact the whole installation program throws a serious hissy if you have to do this.

So how do I completely remove FG from my system so I can get it to point to the right directory? The uninstall program that gets put in your user profile doesn't do the job...which is another issue, when I uninstall something I expect it to remove ALL traces from the system which is obviously not happening.

lawrence

NVM - figured out that you can edit manually the data location under settings, it was set to something called "MasterAccount" profile which is obviously a link that FG keeps somewhere, guess in the registry.

Valarian
January 28th, 2015, 08:26
If the uninstall application hasn't removed everything, there may be registry keys still hanging around. Unfortunately, this would mean opening up the Windows registry and removing the remnant key folder.

damned
January 28th, 2015, 09:02
Very few applications remove themselves from the registry.
Why?
One reason is they cant tell if other plugins or programs have also added or changed settings in these keys but it is very common for programs to not remove themselves from the registry.