PDA

View Full Version : Modifying the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Ruleset

Yospeck
January 27th, 2015, 22:33
Is there a way to debug the program or anything? Had a fiddle around with the different .lua (and the weaponskillcontrol.lua as it appeared to have some stuff in it that was also relevent for the weapon What Skill)m was basically just copy/pasting the code and putting it in the middle of the lists and then changing the relevant names and stats.

Ended up being that none of the dice could be dragged from either the weapons or the skills on any newly made character sheets (old character sheets seemed to work fine). Removed all the edits and saved over them (as still had them open) but still no draggable dice. Even deleted the /common/ folder and replaced it with the original folder without any changes. Still nothing.

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my own mini-project, if you'd prefer PMs then let me know.

Trenloe
January 27th, 2015, 22:46
Taking it to a new thread.

The only real way to debug a ruleset is to put "Debug.console" commands in the code to write info the console (open the console using /console in the chat window). You'll see some examples of Debug.console in various places in the code.

Yospeck
January 28th, 2015, 16:22
Realised I was just being a dumbass. Reason none of the rolls were working with the new char sheets was because I hadn't put in Characteristics or Ranks in the skills :P Messing with code and expecting to break it, then it not working, didn't even think. Doh! Seems to be working fine now!

Trenloe
January 28th, 2015, 16:36
Reason none of the rolls were working with the new char sheets was because I hadn't put in Characteristics or Ranks in the skills
You shouldn't need ranks in the skill, but you'll definitely need a characteristic.