PDA

View Full Version : 'combat mode' and the Player Character record

swest
January 27th, 2015, 21:20
Greetings,

I've been watching a youtube playthrough of the Skinsaw Murders, and I have a question. At one point one of the players said something about his spells (on his character sheet) being depleted (or not depleted, don't remember which), and someone else asked, "Do you have your character sheet in 'combat mode'?"

I'm wondering what that means. What is 'combat mode' with respect to a PC's character sheet?

Thanks.

- s.west

Trenloe
January 27th, 2015, 21:28
Check out the "Actions" tab of a character sheet - there is a "Mode" selection box at the bottom that can be Standard, Preparation or Combat. Preparation allows you to prepare spells made in a spell class (select them for use), standard and combat behave similarly in that they are use once spells/actions are prepared and you can track their use via the circle check marks to the left of the spell - in standard when a spell is fully used it doesn't disappear from the list, in combat mode the spell does disappear.

swest
January 27th, 2015, 22:22
Thanks! That's very helpful.

I have only used FG as a GM, not as a player... and although I helped my guys with character creation in FG, I never actually used the characters we created.

- s.west