PDA

View Full Version : Great time with FG and the Runelords

Hastur
January 27th, 2015, 20:26
Hi,

just wanted to say how much my players and me love to play with FG. I started in october "Rise of the Runelods" and the combination of pathfinder and FG is a perfect fit in my opinion. As we are not only fg-beginners but also pathfinder-beginners this AP is great as we are able to explore the possibilities of fg and pathfinder slowly without haste. We are at the end of burnt offering. One hard battle to fight left. My players, especially one, were very sceptical about playing RPG online but after experiencing it, they are enthustiastic about it.
And for me as a GM it's really easy. Of course, there are many things to do in advance, but I am playing with the book on the desk and so I only have to prepare the maps and the NSC using my pdf-version. And most of the NSC could be found in bestiary-modules.

Greetings and Thanks and sorry for the bad language
Hastur

Nylanfs
January 27th, 2015, 20:39
Also if you can post proof that you have said module, you can get the module from somebody else that has made them already prepared. so it can be even easier. :)

Hastur
January 27th, 2015, 20:46
Thanks for the hint. I read that before but to be honest it's a good way to prepare the sessions by doing this by myself. So I am able to take a close look on the maps and the encounters etc.. And it may sound strange, but its part of the fun for me, to prepare the games by making tokens and maps and encounters :-)

damned
January 27th, 2015, 22:01
Well done Hastur!

Lord Kavos
January 27th, 2015, 23:08
I agree hastur - I am running RotRL home game on FG as well (almost at the end of book3) & we love the vtt...

Allows groups that have moved apart in the real world to stay connected, keep in touch where we would otherwise drift apart.

I also parse my own parts for ROtRL- it allows me to prep & read at the same time, and allows me to real things for my super strong uber party as I go.

I use snip for images & gimp to fix them - works really well. The creature parser is a great tool as well, and effects in FG allow me to quickly apply things like the advanced template to bad guys if I think the pcs are doing it too easy...

Definitely the best vtt out there!

ddavison
January 27th, 2015, 23:52
Thanks for the feedback. We are happy to hear that you and your groups are enjoying it.

Hastur
January 27th, 2015, 23:55
At the beginning it wasn't that easy, but after I found my own modus operandi I'm fast in preparing the sessions. I use gimp, too. And there was no creature or NPC that wasn't in one of the bestiary modules. The d20pfsrd...bestiary is a goldmine ;-)
Imho its very important to give the players a strong visual experience via images and maps etc. So I am very thankful for the themes from damned because they can be customised very easyly. The sessions with the thistletop-exploration for example has a background image with a nice outside view of thistletop. FG gives you as an GM so many things to play with, and that's the reason why I do all this - I love to play :-)

swest
January 28th, 2015, 00:40
... I am very thankful for the themes from damned because they can be customised very easyly...

What are these 'themes' of which he speaks?

swest
January 28th, 2015, 00:52
Are there other threads with 'themes' beside this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22635-New-Themes-Available)one?

Tiqon
January 28th, 2015, 05:23
I just think he means that the one Damned made is very easy to change... The background that is.

Nylanfs
January 28th, 2015, 12:40
Thanks for the hint. I read that before but to be honest it's a good way to prepare the sessions by doing this by myself.

I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it. :)

swest
January 28th, 2015, 19:45
I just think he means that the one Damned made is very easy to change... The background that is.

But that's the question. Where is the one that damned made? Is it from this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22635-New-Themes-Available)that I mentioned earlier?

Thanks.

- s.west

Trenloe
January 28th, 2015, 19:46
But that's the question. Where is the one that damned made? Is it from this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22635-New-Themes-Available)that I mentioned earlier?
Yes.