PDA

View Full Version : Creating a reference module?

pedetentous
January 27th, 2015, 19:51
Hello again all! I'm playing with CoreRPG, and I'd like to add some information to use in the same method as a Player's Handbook, that has lists and charts of helpful information. Is it possible to create reference modules, like the ones that are provided by Fantasy Grounds? Is there a good tutorial for doing this?

~Ped

pedetentous
January 27th, 2015, 19:59
I notice that the "Export" option is really intended for exporting campaigns. So, my guess is that I am probably going to have to edit XML myself to make this possible?

Nickademus
January 27th, 2015, 20:13
I recommend making a copy of an existing reference module, then editing it in a program like Notepad++. See how it is structured and replace the content with your content.

pedetentous
January 28th, 2015, 14:05
I figured as such. Thank you for the help!

damned
January 28th, 2015, 20:55
I notice that the "Export" option is really intended for exporting campaigns. So, my guess is that I am probably going to have to edit XML myself to make this possible?

Yes but that doesnt mean you cant use it as a PHB style reference.
If you have limited time and patience for working back thru the XML structures then use the Export tool.
If you want to create something to distribute and you really want it in that Library format then you will need to learn how FG wants its data setup.

I hear rumours <weg> about a Module Editor from another community member but I dont know if they are ready to release details just yet.