PDA

View Full Version : Currency Names

Nickademus
January 27th, 2015, 01:18
I'm not sure if this is handled by the ruleset, extended from CoreRPG, or hard coded, but the Party Sheet inventory tab has coins registered (PP, GP, SP, CP) that will allow the currency in the party sheet to be divided among characters. It is my understanding that they are case-sensitive on the character sheet in the Treasure section ('gp' will not work). I wish to change the string that the party sheet will recognize a different word on the character sheet and divide the coins evenly without the need for 'PP' and such.

Where are these strings defined and can they be changed by us?

Trenloe
January 27th, 2015, 01:36
Try scripts\manager_gamesystem.lua in 3.5e - the "currencies" table define the currency symbols, GameSystem.currencies accesses this table from code. The party sheet and the parcel code in CoreRPG use these values. I can't see currencies hard coded anywhere in the 3.5e ruleset.

Give it a go - see if changing the currencies table works for you.

Nickademus
January 27th, 2015, 01:37
Cool, will look into it. Thanks.

Andraax
January 27th, 2015, 02:09
I always just change it right in the party sheet / inventory tab of the character sheets. C&C allows the players and GM to edit those labels directly.

Nickademus
January 27th, 2015, 02:12
Yeah, I just found that out. Strange though that it requires the entries on the character sheet to be all uppercase.

Andraax
January 27th, 2015, 02:25
It doesn't; it just requires them to *match*.

Nickademus
January 27th, 2015, 02:36
I input them as lowercase, it changed the one PC's to uppercase. The other PC which I left as the defaults, was given two additional uppercase entries and the rest overflowed into the box to the left. It did keep my entries as lowercase in the top of the party sheet though.

dulux-oz
January 27th, 2015, 03:03
@Nickademus: my friend, I've been keeping this close to my chest because I'm not exactly sure how long its going to take me to get it out as an Extensions (I suspect not long, though), but I'm actually working on something that will most likely have a direct impact on what I think you are trying to accomplish - ie I'm working on a full, multi-system currency and shopping system that will tie into character sheets, the party sheet, item records, parcels, and my own Locations Extension (if its also loaded), plus possibly other areas of FG as well.

I'm telling you this because I'd hate for you to spend a whole lot of time working on something and then have that work become redundant because you like and use one of my Extensions. (Actual, I thought you may have "twigged" onto what I'm working on based on our recent discussions, etc).

Nickademus
January 27th, 2015, 03:58
I did. But I get the feeling the scope of what you are doing will be much more than my needs, so I haven't worried too much about redundancy.

dulux-oz
January 27th, 2015, 04:11
I did. But I get the feeling the scope of what you are doing will be much more than my needs, so I haven't worried too much about redundancy.

Cool - just trying to save you some hassle :)