PDA

View Full Version : Encounters Bug - Tokens

Von Stalhein
January 25th, 2015, 04:04
After adding a Personality to a Combat Encounter, one can increase the "number" of that personality. This then lets you define different tokens for each numerical instance of that personality. However, these token definitions do not survive once the Combat Encounter has been closed (i.e. all tokens revert to the default token for that personality). Moreover, even if you add the encounter to the combat tracker before closing it, the entries on the combat tracker will all use the default token, not the individually assigned ones.

damned
January 25th, 2015, 06:40
In other Core RPG rulesets - if I want my Orcs to have different tokens I add multiple instances of Orcs so it looks more like this:

Orcs 2
Orcs 2
Orcs 2

then I have 6 orcs with 3 different tokens in play.
changing the placement tokens does what you are saying in all rulesets iirc.

Ikael
January 25th, 2015, 08:57
In other Core RPG rulesets - if I want my Orcs to have different tokens I add multiple instances of Orcs so it looks more like this:

Orcs 2
Orcs 2
Orcs 2

then I have 6 orcs with 3 different tokens in play.
changing the placement tokens does what you are saying in all rulesets iirc.

Indeed encounters feature comes mostly from CoreRPG now. Mentioned issue is not a bug, but feature :) This request should be pointed to CoreRPG instead, but it's good finding! I haven't used encounters that way, but I could see potential in it.

Moon Wizard
January 26th, 2015, 18:16
Each encounter record only supports one token per NPC entry.

To have differing tokens, add the NPC entry multiple times to assign different tokens per damned's answer above.

Regards,
JPG