PDA

View Full Version : Total Network Novice - HELP!

Dahgda
January 25th, 2015, 00:10
So I have owned FG2 for 2 years, and I have not had the time to actually get it up and going. But I want to be able to run my game using it now so... I have tried again, with no luck, to set it up for others to use. I do the test to see if my connection is working, and it always shows FAILURE. I saw that I needed to make sure port 1802 was open, so I opened Windows Firewall and made rules for the port - both inbound and outbound, TCP and UDP - to allow connections. Still FAILURE.

Can someone please help me - I am very much a novice when it comes to networking settings - I had to look up the little I was able to try, but I do not understand enough of it to troubleshoot this. I spent $120 on this, so I want to get it working!

Thanks in advance.

System Info:
Windows 8.1
FGII Ultimate License

Andraax
January 25th, 2015, 00:43
Did you check to make sure port 1802 is being forwarded from the router to your pc?

darrenan
January 25th, 2015, 00:44
Do you have another network device between your computer and the incoming connection (cable modem, etc.)? If so, you will also need to open up port 1802 on that device. Most devices expose a web-based administration console that you can access from your computer to configure this stuff.

Dahgda
January 25th, 2015, 01:19
I will have to check that when I get home tonight - thank you for the direction to look. I am assuming it is the same (or roughly so) as making the rule to allow 1802 through Windows Firewall? I know you don't know the specifics of my router, but in general, if it is a web-based admin, then it should all be more or less similar to each other?

If I cannot figure out more when I get home, I will post again - but as I said, thank you both for the input!

Andraax
January 25th, 2015, 01:50
Free setup guides for a variety of routers: https://portforward.com/

damned
January 25th, 2015, 02:26
Dahgda - sent you a PM.