PDA

View Full Version : Possible Combat Tracker Bug

Debinani
January 24th, 2015, 19:02
Hey guys-

I just upgraded my active Deadlands campaign to v4. I'm attempting to drop henchmen onto a top-level item on the combat tracker and i'm getting the following error:

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/groupcontrol.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'onDrop' (a nil value)

I'm a dev in my day job, so I'm happy to help diagnose in any way you'd like.

Thanks!

phantomwhale
January 26th, 2015, 21:19
Thanks for reporting this. Looks like we didn't bring over the group combatant (henchmen) drop handler.

I'm pushing up a fix to Smiteworks now, so hopefully should hit the updater in the next 24-48 hours.

Moon Wizard
February 6th, 2015, 21:27
This fix is in the updater now.

Regards,
JPG

Debinani
February 7th, 2015, 20:58
Great guys, confirmed fixed. Here's another one. When attempting to "Deal Card to Hand" in Deadlands on the player portrait, I get the following:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_card.lua"]:132: createChild: Invalid argument 1

heyhogan
February 8th, 2015, 16:39
Not sure if this is bug or not, so please let me know. When testing out the targeting feature, I have noticed that the setting icon (bulls-eye just above damage die), when set on, will automatically turn "off" on a miss. If you "hit", it stays on. I thought I could setup targeting, turn this on, and then we could just click shooting on the character sheet or in the combat tracker (GM). However, it appears I can't rely on this to "stay" on. I was hoping to leave it on so, for a gun with 3 shots I could have player click shooting 3 times in a row without messing with the setting icon.

phantomwhale
February 9th, 2015, 12:06
Great guys, confirmed fixed. Here's another one. When attempting to "Deal Card to Hand" in Deadlands on the player portrait, I get the following:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_card.lua"]:132: createChild: Invalid argument 1

Thanks for that one - yep, the whole Deadlands character portrait menu had a glitch in it - I've put together the fix and will try and get the patch up to Smiteworks in the next few days.

Also spotted the client was getting the wrong character select menu, which led to a few graphics glitches. Fixed as well.