PDA

View Full Version : Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:22: attempt to call

Lonewolf
January 22nd, 2015, 08:52
Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:22: attempt to call field 'getIdentity' (a nil value)

Seeing this whilst testing last patch. Generated whilst changing "PC portrait: Show Bennies" option during game setup. Don't think this will have an impact but still testing. Any thoughts on what the problem is?

My extension package list to help debugging

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.0.0 (Build 14)
SW NPC Maker version 0.9 (Build 1)
Horror Companion Extension version 1.0 (Build 1)
Rippers Extension version 2.2 (Build 2)
Adventure Deck version 1.4.0 (Build 1)
SW Enhanced Adventure Deck version 0.3 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.4 (Build 5)
SW Enhanced Effects version 0.5 (Build 4)
SW Enhanced Library version 1.4 (Build 6)

Lonewolf
January 24th, 2015, 02:58
After having a play around with this. I think it comes down to an attempt update the PC portrait when no players are connected. Which would of course be up dating a nil value.

I really don't think this is a problem just a minor quirk of Savage Worlds 4.0.0 (build 14)

Mask_of_winter
January 24th, 2015, 07:12
After some testing, it's a conflict with the Effects Extension. Once we unchecked that extension we didn't receive the errors anymore.

Mask_of_winter
January 24th, 2015, 07:43
Also, I can't award a fate chip in Deadlands by right clicking on the PC portrait. I had the option to award a benny instead. And when I selected that it gave me an error. Doing it from the within the character sheet worked fine though.

Ikael
January 24th, 2015, 09:38
Thanks for report. This issue is not linked to Enhanced Effects, but that error can occur chaotically (read: race-condition) if PC has been released/leaved. However I did small change for possible future release where it will not occur. However this script error is very minor one. It does not break anything. It's just irritating :)

ianmward
January 24th, 2015, 10:23
H Aki,

** Ignore this! I was confusing two different issues. **

Ian

I'm not sure if this is the whole story. I was testing this with Mask_of_winter earlier and it was happening with a single NPC and no PCs. It seems like it only happens when the Enhanced Effects extension is loaded (though this may simply be provoking the race condition). It also only happens on the client side, not the host.

If you would like, I can happily test your fix/work around to see if it helps in our case.

I agree it's not a big deal, though, just annoying.

Ikael
January 24th, 2015, 10:50
H Aki,

I'm not sure if this is the whole story. I was testing this with Mask_of_winter earlier and it was happening with a single NPC and no PCs. It seems like it only happens when the Enhanced Effects extension is loaded (though this may simply be provoking the race condition). It also only happens on the client side, not the host.

If you would like, I can happily test your fix/work around to see if it helps in our case.

I agree it's not a big deal, though, just annoying.

Thanks for persistence :) Any help/testing is welcome.
Situation changes now that you mentioned that it only occurs on client side

ianmward
January 24th, 2015, 11:22
Hey Aki,
Sorry, I just got confused here and was actually thinking that this was the combat tracker issue with the Enhanced Effects extension.
I replied to the email notification and just noticed I was very confused.

Sorry again and ignore my post! (Which I have edited).

Lonewolf
January 24th, 2015, 15:41
Hey Aki,
Sorry, I just got confused here and was actually thinking that this was the combat tracker issue with the Enhanced Effects extension.
I replied to the email notification and just noticed I was very confused.

Sorry again and ignore my post! (Which I have edited).

I can take the blame for this one. I posted the Effects mini tracker error 140 in house of healing and Aki fixed it. I started this threat for different bug report. Error 22 on using benny in a PC portrait. This is about an odd behavior that does not break anything.