PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds 4.0 - now Live

phantomwhale
January 21st, 2015, 21:37
I'm proud to say that Savage Worlds version 4.0 is now live !

I'll post the changelog below, but in short this now positions Savage Worlds ruleset on top of the CoreRPG ruleset; meaning you'll get many of the underlying features that most other Fantasy Grounds rulesets now share, as well as all the usual Savage specific add-on tools that we've worked hard as a community to include over the years.

Furthermore, we've pulled in even more content for Ikael's excellent extensions, giving you extra tools and features, including the much requested raise calculator. There are a depth of little "power tool" changes that came from his work; scan the changelog and give some of them a spin. Others will no doubt be looking at videos and guides to help you discover more of these now that this is live.

Since taking on Savage Worlds development, this is our first MAJOR version increase. And as such, you will be asked when loading old SavageWorlds3 campaigns to update the campaign file. To do this is really simple - just load the campaign and hit "OK". After 10-20 seconds, the campaign will be upgraded and loaded, ready to use.

https://i.imgur.com/zEoZFqv.jpg

Let us know of any issues you encounter using this new ruleset. We'll be working hard to fix any tiny bugs that come out of this, and hopefully have more frequent patch releases to fix these up. No bug (or typo) is too small!

Enjoy, and stay Savage.

- PW -

phantomwhale
New in Savage Worlds 4.0

[CoreRPG] SavageWorlds ruleset is build on top of CoreRPG
[Feature] Support for Rollable tables
[Feature] Support for Calendar
[Feature] Support for Parcel sheet
[Feature] Support for Party sheet
[Feature] Improved story, image, encounter, item, note, tokenbag, modifier, effects and option preference features
[Feature] Any trait die can be adjusted by +2 to -2 steps with new menu option
[Feature] Show bennies on PC portraits. New preference option is provided to change visibility
[Feature] Show power points on PC portraits. New preference option is provided to change visibility
[Feature] Show wounds and shaken/incapacitated status on PC portraits. New preference option is provided to change visibility
[Feature] Show parry and toughness on PC portraits. New preference option is provided to change visibility
[Feature] Race links can be dragged and dropped into character sheet's race field
[Feature] Details can be added to skills, edge, hindrance, power and allies created in character sheet
[Feature] Weapon damage is updated automatically when attributes change, this can be changed with new option
[Feature] Any attribute (in addition to STR) can be used to defined weapon's damage. Use three first letters of attribute to use them
[Feature] If ?-character is assigned after STR-notation in weapon damage minimum strength requirements are ignored when calculating damage
[Feature] !-character can be assigned after attribute-notation in weapon damage to increase given attribute by one die-type for damage calculation purposes
[Feature] Minimum strength penalties for ranged weapons are included automatically into weapons when updating weapon damage
[Feature] If Charisma is assigned to as modifier to any trait it's modifier will be updated whenever Charisma value changes
[Feature] New way to define derived stat values: Modifiers can be assigned for derived stats (right click -> modifiers, or double-click) and derived stats are updated automatically. This can be changed with new option
[Feature] Ally's token is displayed next to name in ally list
[Feature] Weapon details can be changed for sub-attacks
[Feature] Embedded field for inputing mood is displayed below chat-entry. This can be changed with new option
[Feature] Language and mood selections are identity-based
[Feature] GM bennies can be setup with new right click menu option in tools
[Feature] Friend-or-foe icons are used for NPC when they speak in chat. This can be changed with new option
[Feature] Ally's name changes in CT when updated in character sheet
[Feature] Only Wild Card NPCs see their bennies in CT
[Feature] Active combatant is highlighted in CT. Highlighing background color depends on combatant's friend-foe status
[Feature] Active NPC combatant's attack & damage lines and effects are automatically expanded/shown
[Feature] Active combatant's targets are highlighted in CT with bluish background color. This replaces previous PC portrait next to targeted combatant
[Feature] Targeted combatant's defense and effects are automatically expanded/shown
[Feature] Map targeting tools are synched with CT. For instance group targeting, targeting all friends or enemies or clearning all targetings
[Feature] Option to decide when effect's duration is processed. Default value is "caster's turn" as per SW rules, another option is "target's turn"e
[Feature] Effect with duration of zero doesn't expire, but can be manually deleted
[Feature] Effects can be toggled to be maintainable. Maintainable effects will notify when they are about to expire
[Feature] In addition to dropping effects into CT effects list they can be dropped on CT entry's name or on toggle-effects icon to apply them
[Feature] Effects can be dragged from CT entries and dropped to another entry to replicate entry. This is useful when casting power on several targets
[Feature] Maintainable effects display plus icon which can be clicked to increase duration by one
[Feature] When effect's caster is removed from CT, all his effects are removed from other combatants as well
[Feature] When double clicking token in CT entry, map is opened and centered to that token
[Feature] When holding CTRL down and clicking token in CT entry, that token becomes targeted by active combatant
[Feature] Active combatant can quickly target opponents by just holding CTRL down and clicking targets
[Feature] When double clicking token on map, the corresponding sheet is opened
[Feature] At the end of round, notify if any combatant is still on hold
[Feature] To quickly duplicate NPC in CT, hold ALT down and click its group box
[Feature] To quickly delete whole CT group hold ALT down and remove one entry
[Feature] CT entries can be moved to or away from groups by dragging from their link icon. To duplicate CT entry, hold ALT down and drag-and-drop from link
[Feature] Combatant's Shaken and Incapaciated statuses are highlighted in chat when it's his/her turn
[Feature] Wild Card NPCs get their bennies automatially when added to CT
[Feature] Show effects on minitracker. This can be changed with new option
[Feature] Minitracker shows "On Hold" button when it's player's or his ally's turn. The button can be used to go On Hold and give turn to next combatant
[Feature] On hold player can interrupt by double-clicking On Hold card. This will send nofitication to chat and remove On Hold status
[Feature] On Hold status is indicated better by different action card. If combatant is On Hold the whole turn, s/he will be on top the next turn
[Feature] When player clicks "End Turn" button the turn switches to next combatant automatically
[Feature] New CT menu option: Clear all targets
[Feature] CT activates active combatant's identity
[Feature] Vehicles can be dragged and dropped into CT for initiative and targeting purposes. In addition vehicle's weapon damages can be rolled from CT

phantomwhale
New in Savage Worlds v4.0 (continues)

[Feature] Support for Skill Specialization setting rule. New preference option added to manage this. When enabled, specializations can be added to skills
[Feature] Support for No Power Points setting rule. New preference option added to manage this. When enabled, power points are not displayed
[Feature] Support for Joker's Wild setting rule. New preference option added to manage this
[Feature] Action Cards can be dragged from card deck tool and from hand and dropped to PC portrait, chat, card hand, combat tracker or to chase tracker
[Feature] Action Cards can be removed individually from card hand with right click menu
[Feature] Token cards can put in play by dragging and dropping them where other action cards can be dropped
[Feature] Armor and Weapons can be created as part of campaign
[Feature] Targeting lines on map are displayed for active combatant
[Feature] Sub-list buttons in Items list are draggable and can be dropped to hotkeys
[Feature] NPC and Vehicle sheets support space and reach
[Feature] Combatant's space & reach is taken account when applying combat encounter
[Feature] Power Points are only visible if character has selected Arcane Background
[Feature] Items can be marked as unidentified/identified for playres. New preference option is provided to manage this
[Feature] Items, Armors, Weapons and Vehicles can be dragged and dropped on PC Portrait to give item to character. Host must hold ALT down to perform this
[Feature] Support for dragging and dropping Items, Armors, Weapons and Vehicles from Party Sheet into PC and Ally sheet
[Feature] Support for dragging and dropping Items, Armors, Weapons and Vehicles from PC and Ally sheet into Party Sheet
[Feature] Party allies section in Party Sheet can be used to store and share common NPC allies who are not with PCs at the moment
[Feature] NPCs can be dragged and dropped on PC Portrait to assign ally to character. Host must hold ALT down to perform this
[Feature] Coins can be recorded to PC sheet as currency
[Feature] Raise calculator tool. New preference option is provided to manage it
[Feature] Double-click or middle-mouse click any dervied stat on CT or in NPC sheet to set that number into Raise Calculator
[Feature] Vehicle sheet support drag-and-droppable weapons
[Feature] Vehicle sheet's weapon details can be displayed by clicking the link icon on right side of the weapon
[Feature] Auto-apply Joker bonus to trait and damage rolls. New preference option is provided to manage it
[Feature] Armor stat is displayed next to Toughness in PC sheet/minisheet. New preference option is provided to manage it
[Feature] Weapon sheet has own field for Armor Piercing
[Feature] Damage string and AP value can be declared for any damage dices by right clicking on it and selecting EDIT -> SETUP (feature especially for Powers)
[Feature] AP value is displayed next to damage dices
[Feature] Hold Shift down to transfer/move all items from Character sheet or Party Sheet inventory
[Feature] Auto-apply damage results preference options. If set to ON then any damage results are automatically added to target. If set to Confirm then the damage result is displayed next to CT entry
[Feature] Drag and drop any trait/damage roll or effect on CT entry to apply it to given entry
[Feature] Effectlist's button can be used to apply given effect to currently active combatant entry or to his/her targeted entries
[Feature] Quick delete button displayed next to name in CT when combatant has incapacitated status
[Feature] Hit and damage detection. Drop any trait or damage dices on tokens on map or target tokens and hold CTRL down while making the roll to target it against given opponents
[Feature] Three new damage adjustment fields below Damage Bonus. These fields can be used to adjust next targeted damage roll
[Feature] New targeting toggle icon next to modifierstack. This toggle can be used to enable/disable targeting feature for next roll
[Bug] Minisheet's attack list could not display more than few attacks
[Bug] When dragging full count of PC inventory item their count get increased. As a fix, hold ALT down instead of CTRL
[Bug] Wound, fatigue and encumbrance penalties were not included into roll made from Hotkeys
[Deprecated] Table slashcommands no longer supported, use rollable tables instead

damned
January 21st, 2015, 22:44
You guys rock.

Mask_of_winter
January 22nd, 2015, 01:03
Thanks for all your hard work!

Lonewolf
January 22nd, 2015, 07:47
Have been running this in test mode for the last few months. This is a major improvement over version 3. Thanks!

AstaSyneri
January 22nd, 2015, 09:29
LOL, just when I installed the test version ;-). Really looking forward to all those features!

NovaTosh
January 23rd, 2015, 00:53
Hey guys, thanks for the update to Savage Worlds... but sadly I cannot use my Deadlands extensions. They don't even show up when attempted to create a new campaign. Is this a bug or is this in the midst of being updated to Savage Worlds 4.0? Is there a workaround? Thanks.

Mask_of_winter
January 23rd, 2015, 01:24
Looks like they didn't update. Message Doug and he'll link up those products to your account after you provide proof of purchase.

phantomwhale
January 23rd, 2015, 05:13
Looks like they didn't update. Message Doug and he'll link up those products to your account after you provide proof of purchase.

Yep, this ^^^^

Make sure you login into the FG update manager and update the products it's managing. And failing that, contact Doug ([email protected]) who should fix you up.

The extension authors (mostly Doswelk !) took a huge hit on this release, having to update all the graphics packs to meet the new CoreRPG layouts. So they should all have received an update.

And the Deadlands extensions are my babys, so those ones I can guarantee got upgraded!!!

JohnD
January 23rd, 2015, 05:26
I don't play this rule set, but that is one impressive list of features.

Ikael
January 24th, 2015, 07:50
Last year was really crazy one but it was worth of. I am personally really happy about the outcome of the project. We actually did more than we initially planned but that's just good thing. This project latest more than a year and lots of hours and tears were put into it, but for good reason. Special thanks goes to my playtesters, without them the project might have never seen release date. They are the ace in cracking the ruleset & features and finding bugs. Beyond that they are the great dudes to play with!

bennis1980
Harbinger
Fysh
Mikko
Araturo
Thembo

In addition to just updating the ruleset, I have added some new features into other Savage Worlds products as well (originally these are Doswelk's children, but I was allowed to add some love):

Fantasy Companion

[Feature] New Arcane Backgrounds
[Module] Races and Racial Abilities are draggable
[Module] Mundane Gear is draggable
[Module] Rollable treasure tables
[Module] Treasure items are draggable
[Module] Bestiary support auto-update damage
[Module] Bestiary powers are linked to Deluxe Player Guide
Several broken links fixed

[B]Horror Companion

[Feature] New Derived Stat: Sanity
[Feature] Slow initiative handler
[Module] Races and Racial Abilities are draggable
[Module] Ammunition is draggable
[Module] Rollable Psychosis table
[Module] Bestiary powers are linked to Deluxe Player Guide

Science Fiction Companion

[Feature] New Derived Stat: Strain
[Feature] New Weapon Type: Bomb; uses Knowledge (Bombardier) skill
[Feature] Cyberware can be created as part of campaign. The list can be accessed from Items list
[Feature] Character sheet has new inventory tab-page: Cyberware
[Feature] Total Cyberware Strain is calculated and fatigue penalty is notified if it exceeds derived stat
[Feature] Cyberware can be exported into module
[Feature] Modifications can be created as part of campaign. The list can be accessed from Items list
[Feature] Modifications can be exported into module
[Feature] Armor has new fields: Size, Pace, Remaining Mods
[Module] Races and Racial Abilities are drabbagle
[Module] Cyberware is draggable
[Module] Modifications are draggable
[Module] Stock Power Armors are draggable
[Module] Starship, Vehicle and Walker modifications are linked to sheet
[Module] Rollable 'Robot Glitch' table
[Module] Rollable 'Starship Critical Hits' table
[Module] Rollable 'World Maker' table

50 Fathoms

[Module] Special Weapons are draggable
[Module] Ammunition is draggable

Xydonus
January 27th, 2015, 04:57
So... I'm slightly confused.

I bought the Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset v4 on the 25th, but it still says SavageWorlds3 in the module selection. So am I using the latest v4 version?

damned
January 27th, 2015, 05:14
launch FG.
click on Settings.
have you entered your FG forum username and password in the Username field?
do that process and run updates and it should pull down the new one too.

ianmward
January 27th, 2015, 09:28
Also, the SavageWorlds v4 ruleset actually appears as SavageWorlds (without the 4) and SavageWorlds3 will still be there too.

Doswelk
January 27th, 2015, 11:24
In addition to just updating the ruleset, I have added some new features into other Savage Worlds products as well (originally these are Doswelk's children, but I was allowed to add some love):

Fantasy Companion
Horror Companion
Science Fiction Companion
50 Fathoms

They all the better for it I assure you!

In addition the longest project I have ever taken (and still not finished) is getting there, the stuff IKael has done for Interface Zero 2.0 is amazing...

Xydonus
January 28th, 2015, 13:38
launch FG.
click on Settings.
have you entered your FG forum username and password in the Username field?
do that process and run updates and it should pull down the new one too.

Cheers for that! Works fine now.

Loving the automation features in Savage Worlds, particularly because it helps new players who've not done roleplay before get the hang of the system and get more confident with it. Just wish all these cool features were in a few other rulesets :P

damned
January 28th, 2015, 13:44
Cheers for that! Works fine now.

Loving the automation features in Savage Worlds, particularly because it helps new players who've not done roleplay before get the hang of the system and get more confident with it. Just wish all these cool features were in a few other rulesets :P

:)

what other rulesets are you looking at?
what features do you feel are lacking from these?

Mask_of_winter
January 28th, 2015, 13:50
Yeah Savage Worlds is late to the party. 3.5, 4e, PF, 5e and more have had that feature for years.

Xydonus
January 28th, 2015, 14:22
:)

what other rulesets are you looking at?
what features do you feel are lacking from these?

Well there's only two rulesets I use for two separate games at the moment - Savage Worlds and Warhammer. The Warhammer ruleset is quite basic but gets the job done. There is no fancy features and no automation, but then again its a very old version.

NovaTosh
January 30th, 2015, 01:47
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up having to uninstall the works and reinstall from fresh. It works great now! Looks good.

kalmarjan
March 27th, 2015, 21:59
I know I am late to this game, but which set of rules does this ruleset cover? Is this the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition 10016?

I haven't been active for a long time, sadly LOL.

phantomwhale
March 28th, 2015, 11:19
It's the latest version of the Savage Worlds rules - which is indeed Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition, yes (and the full, non-explorers edition, which I think has extra rules for social conflicts, from memory).

I believe it's pretty complete and has lots of bells and whistles now.

kalmarjan
March 28th, 2015, 14:04
That's awesome! Now to get a bunch of people together for a game!

Irondrake
April 9th, 2015, 00:14
After the update today, it appears campaigns requiring Savage Worlds 4 no longer open and new campaigns cannot be created using just "Savage Worlds"...only Savage Worlds 3 appears in the list. Did someone make an oops?

Mask_of_winter
April 9th, 2015, 02:42
Hmm weird. Just finished running a game tonight and everything worked fine with SavageWorlds.