PDA

View Full Version : Image links wrong

Arion
January 21st, 2015, 09:10
I have been running a WFRP 1e campaign for some time now (enemy within), and have been adding the handouts, maps etc as images.

We were playing last night and i clicked on "Handout 2" in the image window. It loaded an image from a different campaign! I tried another Handout, and it loaded a map i last used about 6 months ago. It appears that the references in the campaign image window all link to the wrong pictures!

I assume that there is some corruption to the database. Is there some way to fix it? I will try taking all of the images out of the folder and various other things, but because it is also wrongly linked to images in other campaigns, i am not hopeful! Very strange...

damned
January 21st, 2015, 12:50
are you doing anything like storing your appdata folder on dropbox/copy/onedrive/googledrive?

Nylanfs
January 21st, 2015, 14:08
Doesn't FG get confused when modules/campaigns have different images with the same names? I vaguely recall this being an issue.

Trenloe
January 21st, 2015, 16:12
I assume that there is some corruption to the database. Is there some way to fix it? I will try taking all of the images out of the folder and various other things, but because it is also wrongly linked to images in other campaigns, i am not hopeful! Very strange...
You could try removing all of the images from the campaign \images folder, make sure FG recognises that all of the images are removed, restart the campaign, then add the images back in.

If you want to do a little investigation before you do this it might give some clues as to what happened. Go the campaign directory and open db.xml in a text editor (Notepad++ is a good, free text editor that will format XML to make it easier to read: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/). Search for the <images> section in the file and look for a <name> tag that ties in with the name of one of the images/maps that is causing a problem. In that same section of XML there should be an <image> <bitmap> section that points to the actual physical file on the hard drive. It should be something like images/<filename> but I'd be interested to see what it actually is and where it is pointing.

Arion
January 23rd, 2015, 13:10
Sorry, i removed all of the images before i read the replies. When i removed the files from the folder and deleted them from the images window, and then put all of the images back into the folder, they all seem to link correctly...