PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.0.10

Moon Wizard
January 21st, 2015, 07:33
Fantasy Grounds v3.0.10 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release is primarily focused on fixes and minor enhancements, but includes a large update to the Savage Worlds DLC.

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html).

Cheers,
JPG

dulux-oz
January 21st, 2015, 08:38
OK, so what's the difference between SavageWorlds (SavageWorlds.pak) and SavageWorlds3 (SavageWorlds3.pak)?

Cheers

Mistamichal
January 21st, 2015, 09:19
SavageWorlds.pak is Ver. 4 and SavageWorlds3 is ver. 3.5. You can delete Savageworlds3.pak from your ruleset folder, I believe.

dulux-oz
January 21st, 2015, 10:23
SavageWorlds.pak is Ver. 4 and SavageWorlds3 is ver. 3.5. You can delete Savageworlds3.pak from your ruleset folder, I believe.

Ok, that's cool - but why was it the SavageWorld3.pak that was updated today, while the SavageWorld.pak wasn't?

Mistamichal
January 21st, 2015, 11:26
Oh. I didn't realise that. I didn't really take any notice at the time.

Nylanfs
January 21st, 2015, 16:08
Date on the patch notes says "2014-12"?

Trenloe
January 21st, 2015, 19:29
Note regarding extensions:

Remember that a new release of FG rulesets can break some extensions not specifically updated to the latest FG rulesets. If you're using extensions please check for updated versions in the relevant threads. If you experience issues with your game after upgrading to 3.0.10 then disable any extensions and add them back in one-by-one until you identify which extension is causing an issue - then post of the extension development thread details of what your issue was, hopefully the extension developer will provide an update to be compatible with v3.0.10.

geanon
January 21st, 2015, 20:22
Hi I updated to the new 3.0.10 version of the game tonight and tried to host however it came back with being unable to connect from others, and when trying to connect to someone elses getting the same issue, we both have our ports open on 1802, and any firewalls that we have had issues with in the past disabled.

We have connected to each other in the past as it is a semi regular game, however today it just hasnt been playing good.

any tips

Griogre
January 21st, 2015, 20:42
Make sure your players update as well. What ruleset were you using?

geanon
January 21st, 2015, 21:12
Make sure your players update as well. What ruleset were you using?

all players had updated before trying to join, and we were using the PFRPG ruleset

Trenloe
January 21st, 2015, 22:05
Hi I updated to the new 3.0.10 version of the game tonight and tried to host however it came back with being unable to connect from others, and when trying to connect to someone elses getting the same issue, we both have our ports open on 1802, and any firewalls that we have had issues with in the past disabled.
Try rebooting your internet router and your PC and try again. If you're using manually set port forwarding on your router make sure the internal IP address of the computer where you're running the GM instance of FG is set in the port forwarding on the router for port 1802.

damned
January 21st, 2015, 22:35
if you need some help to troubleshoot happy to work with you.

GMTroll
January 22nd, 2015, 13:02
Awesome, you got the file button on the launcher working on the Mac :)

Played on the update last night (Pathfinder) and everything looks good. The fix to damage type on drag is going to make things easier again when my players forget to select targets.

ddavison
January 23rd, 2015, 02:00
OK, so what's the difference between SavageWorlds (SavageWorlds.pak) and SavageWorlds3 (SavageWorlds3.pak)?

Cheers

SavageWorlds3 was updated so that it will prompt you to see if you want to convert your campaign over to the new version of the Savage Worlds ruleset.

dulux-oz
January 23rd, 2015, 02:10
SavageWorlds3 was updated so that it will prompt you to see if you want to convert your campaign over to the new version of the Savage Worlds ruleset.

Ahhh, that makes sense.

So the most up-to-date data is the SavageWorlds.pak - cool.

Thanks Doug

Callum
February 8th, 2015, 13:12
I have a question about the display of attacks. It used to be the case that text in square brackets wouldn't be revealed to the players, but other text would. I used this to hide specific information, such as whether a foe's weapon was magic, by the way I entered the weapon details in the NPC sheet. For example, "[+1] longsword +6 (1d8+4)" - when rolled, this would show the players the "longsword" part, but keep the +1 hidden. Now it seems that I've lost that ability as part of the latest update - is that correct? All the players see now is "Attack", or else the entire details (including the [+1]) if I set the Options to show GM rolls.