PDA

View Full Version : Total Hits and PP fields not accessible

Archlyte
January 21st, 2015, 04:30
Cannot give characters Hits or PP. Field is subdued. Will change to look like it can be altered when character sheet initially opened, but can't be changed from 0. Anyone else having this issue?

Andraax
January 21st, 2015, 04:59
You develop your Body Development skill to add to your hit points, and develop your Power Point skill to add to your PP. This is how it's done in RM.

Archlyte
January 21st, 2015, 05:12
Hmm well character has 4 ranks of BD, but with no ranks BD would get basic hits from Con stat yeah? Nothing, showing static at Zero. I noticed I can Input on the following lines Level Item Spec. Misc which does change the total, but Rk Bon is empty for some reason

Archlyte
January 21st, 2015, 05:28
Ah o I see. You have to put the results of the dice into Rank Bonus, and then the stat bonus is added. It is weird that con stat Hits weren't initially displayed though

Andraax
January 21st, 2015, 05:28
Make sure your BD skill is setup properly.

Dakadin
January 21st, 2015, 05:35
The fields will be set to read only if the preferences are setup to auto calculate them. Set them to No to make them editable. The preferences can be seen in this screenshot:

If you want to use the auto calculation, then you will need to drag the Body Development skill from Character Law's Primary Skills. You can find it here:

This will do a couple things. First if you have a profession already selected, it should look up the skill costs. If the preferences are set to Yes, it will set the Total Hits equal to the total skill bonus for the Body Development skill and Maximum PP field is based on the PP preferences found here:

If all of them are set to No, it will use the Character Law defaults to calculate the Maximum PP. Otherwise, it will use the optional rules that are select. A couple things are required for PP calculation. The level must be set to at least 1, the realm must be selected for the character and the realm stat needs to be set. If no level is set it will always be zero.

Hopefully that helps but please let me know if it doesn't.

Archlyte
January 21st, 2015, 15:56
Very helpful. Thank you Dakadin :)