PDA

View Full Version : Parse 5e class list problems

lbealsjr
January 20th, 2015, 19:04
I have been able to parse a lot of the different input files but class.txt is giving me fits.

AFAIK I built the cleric class as outlined in Xorn's video and double checked it against the instruction pdf -

BTW the example appears to have an error in it - my version shows that it starts as
##; ##;{Name of Class}\n
[{Descriptive FormattedText Line}\n]
instead of a single set of ##;

anyway, I stripped everything out of the cleric definition except what was explicitly stated as required in the guide and I still get a malformed xml error and "class" shows up in the module but it is empty i.e. no cleric entry.

Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.8-b28]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. ............................... [5E PHB]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
Info : folder structure .................................................. ............. [Already Exists]
Parse : class .................................................. ..................... [Cleric - WARNING]
Parse : class .................................................. ............................. [Completed]
Make : class windowlists .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : class (reference) .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Make : archive data .................................................. ...................... [Completed]
Make : module xml library entries .................................................. ........ [Completed]
Write : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Write : module xml syntax .................................................. ...... [Mal Formed - WARNING]
Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.8-b28]
Info : ruleset library .................................................. .......................... [5E]
Info : module .................................................. ............................... [5E PHB]
Info : ruleset .................................................. .................................. [5E]
Info : folder structure .................................................. ............. [Already Exists]
Parse : class .................................................. ..................... [Cleric - WARNING]
Parse : class .................................................. ............................. [Completed]
Make : class windowlists .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : class (reference) .................................................. ................. [Completed]
Make : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Make : archive data .................................................. ...................... [Completed]
Make : module xml library entries .................................................. ........ [Completed]
Write : module xml data .................................................. ................... [Completed]
Write : module xml syntax .................................................. ...... [Mal Formed - WARNING]

Using the Parse guide I enabled debug and output it a text file. Looking at it I still can't figure out other than it says
Parse Incomplete - Cleric

It doesn't look like it is parsing the hit point parts, it just says "class description line" where I would expect to see something like "class hitpoints line" but since I don't know what a good debut text should look like I can't be sure.

Can anyone look at my class.txt file and the capturefile.txt file (attached as a log file) and maybe point me in a direction?

thanks
Lawrence

class.txt
##;Cleric
#h;Cleric
Arms and eyes upraised toward the sun and a prayer on his lips, an elf begins to glow with an inner light that spills out to heal his battle-worn companions.
Chanting a song of glory, a dwarf swings his axe in wide swaths to cut through the ranks of orcs arrayed against him, shouting praise to the gods with every foe’s fall.
Calling down a curse upon the forces of undeath, a human lifts her holy symbol as light pours from it to drive back the zombies crowding in on her companions.
Clerics are intermediaries between the mortal world and the distant planes of the gods. As varied as the gods they serve, clerics strive to embody the handiwork of their deities. No ordinary priest, a cleric is imbued with divine magic.
#h;Healers and Warriors
Divine magic, as the name suggests, is the power of the gods, flowing from them into the world. Clerics are conduits for that power, manifesting it as miraculous effects. The gods don’t grant this power to everyone who seeks it, but only to those chosen to fulfill a high calling.
Harnessing divine magic doesn’t rely on study or training. A cleric might learn formulaic prayers and ancient rites, but the ability to cast cleric spells relies on devotion and an intuitive sense of a deity’s wishes.
Clerics combine the helpful magic o f healing and inspiring their allies with spells that harm and hinder foes. They can provoke awe and dread, lay curses of plague or poison, and even call down flames from heaven to consume their enemies. For those evildoers who will benefit most from a mace to the head, clerics depend on their combat training to let them wade into melee with the power of the gods on their side.
#h;Divine Agents
Not every acolyte or officiant at a temple or shrine is a cleric. Some priests are called to a simple life o f temple service, carrying out their gods’ will through prayer and sacrifice, not by magic and strength of arms. In some cities, priesthood amounts to a political office, viewed as a stepping stone to higher positions of authority and involving no communion with a god at all. True clerics are rare in most hierarchies.
When a cleric takes up an adventuring life, it is usually because his or her god demands it. Pursuing the goals o f the gods often involves braving dangers beyond the walls o f civilization, smiting evil or seeking holy relics in ancient tombs. Many clerics are also expected to protect rampaging orcs, negotiating peace between warring nations, or sealing a portal that would allow a demon prince to enter the world.
Most adventuring clerics maintain some connection to established temples and orders o f their faiths. A temple might ask for a cleric’s aid, or a high priest might be in a position to demand it.
#h;Creating a Cleric
As you create a cleric, the most important question to consider is which deity to serve and what principles you want your character to embody. Appendix B includes lists of many of the gods of the multiverse. Check with your DM to learn which deities are in your campaign.
Once you’ve chosen a deity, consider your cleric's relationship to that god. Did you enter this service willingly? Or did the god choose you, impelling you into service with no regard for your wishes? How do the temple priests o f your faith regard you: as a champion or a troublemaker? What are your ultimate goals? Does your deity have a special task in mind for you? Or are you striving to prove yourself worthy of a great quest?
#bp;Quick Build
You can make a cleric quickly by following these suggestions. First, Wisdom should be your highest ability score, followed by Strength or Constitution. Second, choose the acolyte background.
#h;The Cleric
#h;Class Features
As a cleric, you gain the following class features.
HitPoints
Hit Dice: 1d8 per cleric level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your Constitution modifier per cleric level after 1st
Proficiencies
Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: All simple weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Choose two from History, Insight, Medicine, Persuasion, and Religion
Equipment
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
#ls
#li;(a) a mace or (b) a warhammer (if proficient)
#li;(a) scale mail, (b) leather armor, or (c) chain mail (if proficient)
#li;(a) a light crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
#li;(a) a priest’s pack or (b) an explorer’s pack
#li;A shield and a holy symbol
#le;

Zacchaeus
January 20th, 2015, 21:41
I don't know how to interpret the capturelog that you attached to your post and the class file is incomplete so I can't fully check everything that you have in there.
I suspect, since it is the most complicated part of the whole process that there is an error somewhere in your table. Here is my one so that you can compare. It might help. If not then you'll need to post the rest of your class from notepad I think.

#h;The Cleric
#ts;
#th;Level;Bonus;Features;
#tr;1st;+2;Spellcasting, Divine Domain;
#tr;2nd;+2;Channel Divinity (1/rest), Divine Domain feature;
#tr;3rd;+2;—;
#tr;4th;+2;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;5th;+3;Destroy Undead (CR 1/2);
#tr;6th;+3;Channel Divinity (2/rest), Divine Domain feature;
#tr;7th;+3;—;
#tr;8th;+3;Ability Score Improvement, Destroy Undead (CR 1), Divine Domain feature;
#tr;9th;+4;—;
#tr;10th;+4;Divine Intervention;
#tr;11th;+4;Destroy Undead (CR 2);
#tr;12th;+4;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;13th;+5;—;
#tr;14th;+5;Destroy Undead (CR 3);
#tr;15th;+5;—;
#tr;16th;+5;Ability Score Improvement;
#tr;17th;+6;Destroy Undead (CR 4), Divine Domain feature;
#tr;18th;+6;Channel Divinity (3/rest);
#tr;19th;+6;Ability Score improvement;
#tr;20th;+6;Divine Intervention improvement;
#te;
#h;Spell slots per Spell level
#ts;
#th;Level;Cantrips;1st;2nd;3rd;4th;5th;6th;7th;8th ;9th;
#tr;1st;3;2;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;
#tr;2nd;3;3;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;
#tr;3rd;3;4;2;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;
#tr;4th;4;4;3;—;—;—;—;—;—;—;
#tr;5th;4;4;3;2;—;—;—;—;—;—;
#tr;6th;4;4;3;3;—;—;—;—;—;—;
#tr;7th;4;4;3;3;1;—;—;—;—;—;
#tr;8th;4;4;3;3;2;—;—;—;—;—;
#tr;9th;4;4;3;3;3;1;—;—;—;—;
#tr;10th;5;4;3;3;3;2;—;—;—;—;
#tr;11th;5;4;3;3;3;2;1;—;—;—;
#tr;12th;5;4;3;3;3;2;1;—;—;—;
#tr;13th;5;4;3;3;3;2;1;1;—;—;
#tr;14th;5;4;3;3;3;2;1;1;—;—;
#tr;15th;5;4;3;3;3;2;1;1;1;—;
#tr;16th;5;4;3;3;3;2;1;1;1;—;
#tr;17th;5;4;3;3;3;2;1;1;1;1;
#tr;18th;5;4;3;3;3;3;1;1;1;1;
#tr;19th;5;4;3;3;3;3;2;1;1;1;
#tr;20th;5;4;3;3;3;3;2;2;1;1;
#te;

lbealsjr
January 20th, 2015, 23:34
thanks for the reply. From what I understand from the documentation I have everything in the class file that is needed to parse out a class, i.e. all the stuff that is listed in RED in the pdf. The rest is just added stuff, unless I am misreading the documentation or it actually requires stuff that is not listed.

thanks

Lawrence

Thegroo
January 21st, 2015, 00:32
You got 'HitPoints' wrong. Shoud be 'Hit Points'

lbealsjr
January 21st, 2015, 05:17
You got 'HitPoints' wrong. Shoud be 'Hit Points'

Tried it with Hit Points and got the same console error but at least in the catpurefile text it recognizes the hit point blocks now, I probably changed that to hitpoints at one point in the troubleshooting process. Even with debug at level 3 it is pretty opaque at what is actually causing the error. Still getting the parse incomplete - Cleric warning though

thanks

lawrence

-----capturefile.txt

Paragraph
Class Description Line
Header
Class Description Line
Paragraph
Class Description Line
Paragraph
Class Description Line
Paragraph
Class Description Line
Header
Class Description Line
Paragraph
Class Description Line
Paragraph
Class Description Line
Bold Paragraph
Class Description Line
Paragraph
Class Description Line
Header
Class Description Line
Header
Class Description Line
Paragraph
Class Description Line
Class Hit Points Block
Class HP Line
Class HP Line
Class HP Line
Class Proficiencies Block
Class Proficency Line
Class Proficency Line
Class Proficency Line
Class Proficency Line
Class Proficency Line
Class Equipment Block
Paragraph
Class Equipment Line
Paragraph
Class Equipment Line
List Row
Class Equipment Line
List Row
Class Equipment Line
List Row
Class Equipment Line
List Row
Class Equipment Line
List Row
Class Equipment Line
List End
Class Equipment Line
LinkList End
LinkList End
Header
Bold Sentence
Bold Sentence
Bold Sentence
Header
Bold Sentence
Bold Sentence
Bold Sentence
Bold Sentence
Bold Sentence
Parse Incomplete - Cleric
->parsegenerateReferenceLists()
->generateClassIndexes()
Index: Found Cleric, adding to C
->generateModuleXML()
->generateListTag()
->generateReferenceTag()
->generateClassXML()
->generateClassXMLLists()
->generateModuleXMLLibraryEntries()
->writeXML

Zacchaeus
January 21st, 2015, 11:29
Em, so if I'm understanding you correctly all you did was what you posted above? What I have done is strip my Cleric text file to the same as yours and I get the same error. So that means that you need to add more stuff. I think the red text are just expected keywords which Par5e knows what to do with; it's not saying that is all that is required.

Zacchaeus
January 21st, 2015, 15:48
Just been inputting some more classes myself. Looks like you need to have at least one feature and one class ability for Par5e to operate properly. So for the Cleric you'll need at least one feature such as "Spellcasting" and one Domain such as "Life Domain". this is in addition to what you alreay have of course.

Thegroo
January 21st, 2015, 16:31
I found the error: the #ls is missing the';'

Zacchaeus
January 21st, 2015, 22:17
Heh, so damned obvious when you see it isn't it :)