PDA

View Full Version : 3.5E/PF type attribute not parsing

Trenloe
January 20th, 2015, 00:50
Bug report.

Testing the new functionality (from 3.0.7 onwards) of adding immune to nonlethal and critical damage based off the creature type - this doesn't seem to work.

Try adding the following to the combat tracker from the Bestiary (PFRPG ruleset):

Any of the animated objects - expected outcome: Construct Traits and IMMUNE:nonlethal added. Actual result: no effects added.
An ooze - expected outcome: Ooze Traits and IMMUNE:critical added. Actual result: no effects added.
A zombie - expected outcome: Undead Traits and IMMUNE:nonlethal added. Actual result: no effects added.

Looking at the code it doesn't work correctly as the code looks to split types up using a comma, but the type entry also contains alignment and size, for example the type is returned as "LE Medium undead" (for the zombie) which will never match with "undead" as the comparison needs to match the string "undead" exactly.

HoloGnome
March 11th, 2015, 02:31
I also just noticed this. Changing creature type to "undead" fixes the problem. Also, for me, with the creature type as NE Medium undead, the following string worked: "immune nonlethal, sleep, charm, fear, poison, paralysis, disease" etc. I would love to see "undead traits" include negative energy healing instead of damage.

Nickademus
March 11th, 2015, 02:57
So you're saying 'LE,Medium,undead' would work?

HoloGnome
March 24th, 2015, 08:36
Adding commas works and also just setting it to "undead" works. To deal with the negative channel thing, I added a RESIST:100 negative, then manually healed them. But, as above, I would love to see a tag like HEAL:negative as part of undead traits, where fantasy ground auto-heals on damage with the negative type (or any energy type) - like HEAL:electricity for lightning elementals, etc. It applies to every special kind of healing that could then be in the numerous monster stat blocks that need it (or as part of bulk traits definitions).