PDA

View Full Version : Paizo blog re: new faction missions

Skellan
January 19th, 2015, 23:56
Just in case anyone missed it, here is today's blog about revisions to faction missions. I rather like this way of doing it.

https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgyc?Writing-a-New-Entry-for-Factions

Malkavian_Andi
January 20th, 2015, 13:28
Yes, that's a really good idea. Feels better than "get me a random item" or "I already know who you'll meet" while still providing opportunity to really make a faction count every scenario.

Blackfoot
January 21st, 2015, 05:09
I guess I'm an idiot but it seems way too complicated to me. Maybe I just don't get what it's trying to do. It seems like more bookkeeping to me.
I can't even really follow what they are doing.

xazil
January 21st, 2015, 06:14
I think once we see the Faction Sheets it will make more sense. The idea is its like another tracking sheet, but for your work for your Faction instead of your Items. When you fill in the boxes you Bingo! your way to in-game bonuses.

Or something like that. I could be confused too.

Blackfoot
January 21st, 2015, 06:15
Record keeping for 1 shot bonuses seems pretty annoying.

xazil
January 21st, 2015, 06:17
I'm not so sure they are going to be one-shot. More like on-going boons....

Blackfoot
January 21st, 2015, 06:19
We'll see I guess.

cmdisc
January 21st, 2015, 06:33
I'm not sure if I came away with the right interpretation, but it sounds like instead of trying to cram a faction mission into every scenario, it's more like you have a scorecard for your faction. Each faction has a list of things that you can do. Examples for the Silver Crusade might be; defeat an evil outsider of a certain CR, defeat an undead creature of a certain CR, give away X amount of gold value to others, etc.

As you do these things, you get to check them off and you earn points with your faction. The more you do, the bigger your bonuses are with your faction.

That's what I got out of it when I scanned it anyway.

cmdisc
January 21st, 2015, 06:34
Ninja'd by Xazil.

Skellan
January 21st, 2015, 09:19
Yeah, it seems to be an achievement system to complete faction goals throughout the season. I imagine this is how the factions would probably work in 'reality' - "Go forth and slay undead" :) I suppose it will be some extra bookkeeping but it should be easy, just a case of signing off what they player has ticked.