PDA

View Full Version : Seeking five or six for a 3.5 Forgotten Realms game, details within.

Rogue
January 16th, 2015, 16:07
FG License: Ultimate=you play for free!
Game System:D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms

Time Zone: USA EST GMT-5.
Day of week and time: Mondays at 6 PM EST. Time and day is negotiable.
If new game, planned start date: January 26th.
Planned Frequency: Weekly.
Term: Long term campaign.

Text or Voice: Voice.
Voice software used: Teamspeak.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 25/75.
Number of Players in game & needed: 5
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, 1 ordinary weapon and one set of armor, not above chainmail.
Character restrictions: Core races and classes only, and other info from Forgotten realms Campaign setting, such as feats, etc. No Spellfire.

Details: The players will start out in the town of Ashabenford in the Dalelands. There has been a huge raid on the outlying houses, and you, as adventurers, are tasked with finding them and putting a stop to the raids. This part of the campaign will take you to third level. After this there will be a short adventure to get you up to level four, then we begin a very big adventure, that should take you up to 14th or 15th level.
I am looking for mature players who can really immerse themselves into a character and interact with the NPC's in the area. No min maxers, or people who want to disrupt the other player characters. While knowledge of the Forgotten Realms is not necessary, it is helpful. Good aligned characters only, no Chaotic Neutrals. HP will be maxed at each level. I tend to take my GMing seriously, but having fun is a priority too. I put a lot of effort into setup, therefore I request that you be able to make it each week on time. I do understand that things happen, but you have to be willing to make an effort.

If you are interested, please sound off here.

Marswipp
January 16th, 2015, 21:23
I would like to adventure in the Forgotten Realms.

Are the characters created from a point buy, or are they rolled?

Rogue
January 16th, 2015, 21:32
they are rolled, in FG in front of me.

Marswipp
January 16th, 2015, 23:54
I would not expect anything different on a rolled character.

Just to be clear on allowed alignments: LG, NG, CG, LN, and TN are the only ones allowed, correct?

Garignak
January 17th, 2015, 11:56
I am interested in this. What is the starting date?

Rogue
January 17th, 2015, 13:45
Marswipp: only the good alignments are being accepted. So no neutrals.

Grignak: LOVE the name, i watched that movie so many times its not funny. The start date will hopefully be Jan 26th.

Marswipp
January 17th, 2015, 15:25
I can work within the top three alignments. I'll have a character sheet ready once I finish examining some more lore.

What is the campaign's starting year?

Rogue
January 17th, 2015, 17:17
The beginning of the 3.5 campaign setting. 1372 DR.

Evloret
January 17th, 2015, 18:10
I can play depending on the date or time; but I've not played 3.5 in years, and when I did I had no idea what I was doing.

I'll have a look online; I understand Pathfinder so hopefully there's not too much trouble.

Garignak
January 18th, 2015, 08:38
I have a cleric of Tempus I'd like to make.

JFK
January 18th, 2015, 15:20
Man this sounds fun. Unfortunately Monday doesn't work for me (Firefighter meeting). If it were Tuesday at 6 I could do that, except for once a month (Township meeting until around 8 pm). I don't want to mess up anyone's scheduling though.

Marswipp
January 19th, 2015, 03:59
I was thinking about a cleric, myself...

Bashido2
January 20th, 2015, 15:56
Its me from your other rise of the runelords game, yaotubo.
Is the slots full? :3

I mainly play pathfinder, but 3.5 is similar enough.

I was looking at (pathfinder rules)
Neutral Good Elf Wizard
Bonded Object (Wand)
Teleportation Arcane School (Conjuration Arcane School variant)

StrykaRyker
January 22nd, 2015, 11:11
I would love to try and participate in this game although I am very new to both D&D and Fantasy Ground.
As I am unable to really find people to play with locally so I was hoping to get a chance to play online.
I would be available Mon-Fri at any given time but would pref it be in the after noon.
If you and the others of our group would be willing to deal with a noobie I would really like to try and get in to D&D.

You can message me on here or Email [email protected] Put the Title as Dungeons and Dragons as I might delete it other wise

StrykaRyker
January 22nd, 2015, 11:25
I would love to join this group although I am very new to Both D&D and Fantasy Ground but am very interested in try to play.
I do not have a lot of options to play locally so i was hoping to some how find away to try and play Online.
I would be available Mon-Fri pretty much any time but pref afternoons.
If you and your group would be willing to play with a noobie I would love the chance to try and play.

you can reply to me on here or by Email [email protected] put Dungeons and Dragons as the subject or I might over look it

Garignak
January 23rd, 2015, 11:11
Is this still going to start on the 26th?

StrykaRyker
January 23rd, 2015, 13:41
If this is Still going on i have been trying to post on here for the past few days but for some reason it would never show up i have also sent the OP a message in ref to this.
But if they have not the message for what ever reason.

I would very much be interested in joining your group.
Although i am very new to both D&D and fantasy ground I would still love to give it a try.
I do not have much chance to play locally so i had to go online to try and find a game of D&D.
If your group would be willing to take me along even tho I am a newbie i would appreciate it.

you can message me back on here or email me at [email protected] put dungeons and dragons as the subject or i might over look it

Rogue
January 23rd, 2015, 14:12
I was hoping to get at least char gen out of the way on the 26th. it will basically be a meet and greet, and rolling up characters, etc. I dont plan on running anything on the 26th, because all my maps were on my external hard drive, which crashed and burned. So I need time to redo them all AND set the game up.

StrykaRyker
January 23rd, 2015, 14:51
Testing can anyone else see this my post keep getting deleted or not showing up

Bashido2
January 23rd, 2015, 16:28
I assume the game is full?

Rogue
January 23rd, 2015, 17:21
Not sure Bashido. You never know until the day of the game on who all will show. I'd say all interested show up, and we will see what we got. I've ran a 10 person campaign before, so I know it can be done. I will be on the teamspeak server, in a room called Rogues Roost.

Bashido2
January 23rd, 2015, 17:50
Ill show up then. :3 Sorry for the late responce to this thread. I have been sick as of late and not been feeling social alot. :/

JerryRig
January 23rd, 2015, 18:09
I would like to join this merry band of adventurers. I would like to make a rogue.

Marswipp
January 23rd, 2015, 18:20
I was wondering if the game could be bumped an hour or two out, and if that would cause problems for anyone.

Rogue
January 23rd, 2015, 20:28
just to clarify, I will be in the FG teamspeak server. not the one being phased out, but the newer, bigger one.
I should be in there at random times over the weekend, and definitely Monday. I can change the game time to eight, if everyone is fine with that.

Bashido2
January 23rd, 2015, 20:56
Ive looked at a forum and it seems 99% of pathfinder is backwards compatible to 3.5.
Theres a few cases thats different like some spells or skills, but as a whole its the seems to be the same system with pathfinder improving on things of 3.5.

I dont mind a time change either. :3

Rogue
January 23rd, 2015, 20:59
I'm in teamspeak now, for anyone who cares to join me.

Unbutu
January 26th, 2015, 09:30
So how does it work, Rogue. Can we show up before the game tonight to join the group ?

Garignak
January 26th, 2015, 10:33
Tonight is perfect for me....East coast blizzard approaching. I have plenty of time for character creation.

Rogue
January 26th, 2015, 16:12
Yes. Just show up for the get together tonight, and we will hash out the details, including rolling characters.

Rogue
January 26th, 2015, 16:16
Just as a reminder, the get together time is 8 PM EST. Hopefully, with this approaching storm, i will have power. I should be in the room by six, but son't expect to get things rolling till 8. There will be a few that show closer to that time. Anyways, hope to see you all there!

Garignak
January 26th, 2015, 23:23
What is the server alias?

Rogue
January 26th, 2015, 23:26
join me in teamspeak and you'll find out ;)

Garignak
January 26th, 2015, 23:55
What is the teamspeak server?

Rogue
January 26th, 2015, 23:59
Its the new FG one.
ts.fg-con.com
password i believe is Dungeoneers

JerryRig
January 27th, 2015, 03:24
Rogue have you created a calender entry for our game? I could not find it but its nice to be able to track peoples ability to attend.

Rogue
January 30th, 2015, 16:29
there is now a event on the calendar for this event.

Unbutu
January 30th, 2015, 20:56
Calendar Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1342)

JerryRig
February 3rd, 2015, 01:44
Rogue, got 3 of us on if you manage to get back on to play.

Rogue
February 3rd, 2015, 14:17
Sorry, was in the ER until ten last night, and I couldn't get on with my phone.

JerryRig
February 3rd, 2015, 14:36
Is alright ....was good to see we had everyone show up i think. Should cover how to read the calendar as different folks logged in at like 2 hour differences though.

We discussed and decided that you owe us much'o platinum for our loss of our favorite drug (D&D). :D

Marswipp
February 3rd, 2015, 15:06
Life happens. Just let us know when something comes up.

JohnD
February 3rd, 2015, 15:28
Not involved here but was browsing and noticed mention of the calendar times... that is based off of the time zone settings on everyone's forum account. If you're off on those, the time will show as wrong for you, but right for everyone who has their settings right for their location. If the person setting the game has their settings wrong, well then chaos ensues.

JerryRig
February 3rd, 2015, 15:46
ya i discussed it with a couple of them but was leaving the guidance part to the DM

StrykaRyker
February 3rd, 2015, 21:28
so is the next game going to be on next Monday or we going to try and get a make up date going this week?

Bashido2
February 4th, 2015, 09:12
Life happens.
Since someone else made a druid, ill go wizard.
Ill be online tonight my timezone to talk about if you can rogue.

Rogue
February 4th, 2015, 13:15
Im going to say the game is held off till next week.

Bashido, I'll be in the FG teamspeak, not the SXG one pretty much all day except for when I have my PT. then I'll just be away.

JerryRig
February 9th, 2015, 03:09
Looking forward to experiencing what kind of trouble this newly formed group of adventures gets into. Hope everyone is tracking the game tomorrow! Bring your dice, beverage of choice and maybe some chips or cookies ....and lets tear up all of Rogue's good work :p

Unbutu
February 9th, 2015, 05:24
HEEEEYYYYAAA very much hyped in my head see ya tomorow crazy party ;);):p

Rogue
February 11th, 2015, 01:53
Jerry here ya go.

fenrislord
February 12th, 2015, 16:04
Are you still looking? I am in. Been playing d&d for about 18 years and would love to jump back into things.

Unbutu
February 13th, 2015, 05:06
I'm not the DM, just giving you a preleminary answer: The group is pretty big already, so I'd be surprised if more were recruited.On the other side,we have only 1 game done; At least your name will be there if someone drops.

Rogue
February 13th, 2015, 14:00
Exactly. Thank you Unbutu.

Marswipp
March 9th, 2015, 05:15
Game's still set for 20:00 US EDT, right?

Rogue
March 9th, 2015, 05:18
yes, it is. Hoping to see everyone then.

JerryRig
May 5th, 2015, 02:51
deleted

Garignak
May 17th, 2015, 21:07
Is there room available in this group?

JerryRig
May 19th, 2015, 01:32
deleted

johnshep
July 14th, 2015, 05:18
I am not sure if you are still looking for players but I would love to join!!

Rogue
July 17th, 2015, 12:33
Well, due to other circumstances, the game got cancelled for a while. There is discussion about starting it back up again, but maybe on a Saturday. I need to get the whole group together and discuss it. If no one can make an agreement, or if no one wants to play anymore, then I just may re-recruit as soon as I decide on a Workable night. I do know that Saturday is the only available day for at least one of the players. ANd If I have to reboot with new players, It will start from the beginning.

JerryRig
July 18th, 2015, 23:29
I'm still in for it.

ArtichokeDip
July 20th, 2015, 05:10
If you're recruiting new players, I'd be interested as well.