PDA

View Full Version : Question: Am I missing something about versions?

Ralkeen
January 13th, 2015, 23:40
I have downloaded C&C from FG website here and I am getting version 2.0 but I keep seeing version 3.0 pop-up when reading threads on this forum. I have also seen videos as far back as May, 2014 with that version but when I update there is no change?
Is there in fact a newer version or are the ones I am seeing personal upgrades? Or perhaps I am just not seeing where to get the newer version?
Any help is most appreciated, thanks and I am really liking FG so far! That brings another question to mind.
Why do I have both FG and FGII on my computer? C&C is under FGII folder, while the original program I downloaded is simply FG.

Thanks again,
Carl.

JohnD
January 14th, 2015, 00:57
Click on settings, add your forum id and password and do another update. That ties everything you've bought into the update feature, assuming it has been added to the process (which C&C has). And welcome to FG, plus good choice on buying castles and crusades ruleset.

Ralkeen
January 14th, 2015, 01:09
Click on settings, add your forum id and password and do another update. That ties everything you've bought into the update feature, assuming it has been added to the process (which C&C has). And welcome to FG, plus good choice on buying castles and crusades ruleset.

Thanks a lot John. That worked perfectly. N00B!! LOL Oh well. Gotta start somewhere.
I am loving FG and setting up some 5e games, but C&C allows me to pretty much play 2nd AD&D which is my old school baby. I am looking forward to interacting more with this community.
Thanks again!

Carl T.

JohnD
January 14th, 2015, 01:12
No problem Carl. Welcome and don't hesitate to ask questions when you have them; you are unlikey to ask something that hasn't been asked by others and everyone is very helpful.

I love C&C for the same reasons.

damned
January 14th, 2015, 01:42
Another happy C&C GM here too :)
As for the directories - FG (3) was released in 2013, prior to that FG (II) installed to /Fantasy Grounds II/ but all new stuff now installs to /Fantasy Grounds/ for easier backward/forward compatibility.
If C&C is detecting leave as is - some products install to the old path and need to be manually moved - if you find a product like this - post a note in the forums or email [email protected] so they can check it out...