PDA

View Full Version : Reroll (Lucky)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 13th, 2015, 13:29
There is a way to put in FG the Lucky from the halfling to reroll the dice in case of the result is 1 for attack or save?
Thanks.

Moon Wizard
January 13th, 2015, 18:29
Not currently. My players usually just reroll when that occurs.

Regards,
JPG

Thegroo
January 13th, 2015, 18:29
For Attacks you can put 'Reroll 1' in the weapon properties, for Saves i don't know a way.

Xorn
January 13th, 2015, 21:11
Isn't "Reroll 1" for damage, not attacks?

Thegroo
January 14th, 2015, 00:20
Isn't "Reroll 1" for damage, not attacks?

oops, you are right, it's just for damage and not the attack. So no 'luck' there:o

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 15th, 2015, 23:19
Ok.

ffujita
January 24th, 2016, 18:14
Not currently. My players usually just reroll when that occurs.

As a halfling myself, I never forget to reroll a 1 -- but my DM has on occasion, when the roll occurs in the dice tower, and unless he *says* something like, "you failed particularly badly" then I don't get the chance to remind him that I get to reroll those 1's. I really wish there was a way to do this.

Full Bleed
December 18th, 2016, 09:11
As a halfling myself, I never forget to reroll a 1
Unfortunately, I can't say the same. Being able to have FG back-stop this would be nice.

-- but my DM has on occasion, when the roll occurs in the dice tower, and unless he *says* something like, "you failed particularly badly" then I don't get the chance to remind him that I get to reroll those 1's. I really wish there was a way to do this.
This is particularly annoying and unfair to a player. I have a GM that loves the dice tower... and I don't mind that... but if I can't be sure to remember my own abilities all the time how can I expect the GM to? Seems like the code for re-rolling damage is there and it just needs to be applied to some other areas.

Keep in mind that this would be helpful for more than just Halflings. It would, potentially, help cover the Lucky Feat, too.

Nickademus
December 18th, 2016, 10:47
As a halfling myself, I never forget to reroll a 1 -- but my DM has on occasion, when the roll occurs in the dice tower, and unless he *says* something like, "you failed particularly badly" then I don't get the chance to remind him that I get to reroll those 1's. I really wish there was a way to do this.

There is something helpful you can do to help. In your skills tab, make a new skill for the ones you use in the tower. Call the skill something like 'Perception (reroll 1's)'. Then when you roll in the tower the GM will see the name of the skill and be reminded.

Zacchaeus
December 18th, 2016, 10:49
Add it to the wish list then. The Devs will see it and if it's do-able add it to their list of possible updates.

Gwydion
December 18th, 2016, 16:20
Similar to Nicademus suggestion, you can create a power in you action tab. Call it "Lucky" and an effect coded as follows: Lucky; (N) Reroll 1's on attack, check and saves. Apply the effect to your character and each time your character is up in the combat tracker your DM will see the effect in chat next to your name. For me the "N" represents that it is a note and not a true effect, but rather a reminder. You could also even add a sound trigger to it through dulux-oz's sound extension, but that might get irritating as it will trigger every time it is your character's turn! (Meaning, you could tie a chat trigger to "Reroll").