PDA

View Full Version : *PFS Saturday Jan 24th (7pm EST)- Silverhex Chronicles

Trueshots
January 11th, 2015, 23:06
A series of six Quests designed for 1st-level characters.

When the daring half-orc scholar Ulisha enrages a noble family in the River Kingdoms, she contacts the PCs with a special deal: she will sell them a unique and ancient druidic relic at a steep discount to secure the gold she needs to pay off her bounty. By the time the PCs arrive to meet her, she has gone into hiding. However, she has left behind a journal full of profitable leads as a sign of good faith. Can the PCs recover this hidden wealth and claim the powerful Silverhex before an assassin finds their friend?

The Silverhex Chronicles includes six, 1-hour adventures that take the PCs to a graveyard in Gralton, a mist-choked forest in Ustalav, a brainwashed village in Razmiran, an ancient crash site in Numeria, and the perilous city of Daggermark. Experience the adventures in any order to create a unique story.

These Quests are designed for play in Pathfinder Society Organized Play, but can easily be adapted for use with any world.

Written by Josh Foster, Scott Sharplin, and Walter Sheppard.

CALANDAR (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1328)

GAME ANNOUNCEMENT (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-udpates&p=196633#post196633)

You will need a 1 or 2xp character to participate. We will run all six parts. This will end everyone with a brand new level 3 character and if you have 2xp to start you'll only be one game away from 4th level.

Everyone plays a level 1 pregen character, so be thinking about which one you would like. If they're not already built for FG, I'm gonna need it early. If you want to build it, feel free to build it yourself.

xazil
January 11th, 2015, 23:08
Interested in this and asking again for clarity. You have to bring a pre-gen, you can not bring your own character?

There are Pre-Gen files in the stickies somewhere I believe also.

HoloGnome
January 11th, 2015, 23:25
I'd like to play - thanks.

kwarner1986
January 12th, 2015, 00:05
Interesting you can't play your own character? Hmm, that might suck the fun out for me. I'll take a look at the pregens before I pass judgement.

Trueshots
January 12th, 2015, 00:08
Clarity: from what I've read and understand (havent completed scenarios yet) but you have to play pregen and when fished the xp you earned gets applied to a level 1 character.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2015, 00:17
You will need a 1 or 2xp character to participate. We will run all six parts. This will end everyone with a brand new level 3 character and if you have 2xp to start you'll only be one game away from 4th level.

Everyone plays a level 1 pregen character, so be thinking about which one you would like. If they're not already built for FG, I'm gonna need it early. If you want to build it, feel free to build it yourself.
To clarify.

If you complete all 6 x 1-hour parts you get 1xp and 2pp in total, not 1xp per hour part.

Also, page 3 of the Silverhex Chronicles PDF states: "All player must use one of the 1st-level Pathfinder Society pregenerated characters, available from paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/gmResources."

So - everyone has to use a PFS pregen, and if they complete all 6 parts they get 1xp and 2pp they can apply to a PFS PC with 0, 1 or 2 xp (i.e. first level). If you complete less than 6 x 1 hour sessions you get less PP and gold (down to 1xp and 1pp if you only play 1 session).

Trueshots
January 12th, 2015, 00:32
Well then, I'm reading it wrong. The piazo forums are filled with people running as a 6xp character retaining game.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2015, 00:44
Well then, I'm reading it wrong. The piazo forums are filled with people running as a 6xp character retaining game.
In theory if you play all 6 parts, you could apply each part to a different PC (as it classes as a level 1 replayable scenario) - so 6 separate level 1 PFS characters would each get 1xp, 1pp and 100gp. If you play all 6 parts and apply them to only one character then you get 1xp, 2pp and 500gp total. To get both boons you must assign all 6 parts to the same character, or to get the first boon you must apply 3 parts to the same character.

You cannot apply 6 separate 1 session chronicles to the same PC - you can never get more than 1xp for any one PC.

deguello
January 12th, 2015, 00:52
I am game. I'll play whatever the party needs.

Trueshots
January 12th, 2015, 00:53
Yea guys I may be rethinking running this. There are 6 combat session on the six games. With the track record of FG, this could take us 8-9 hours. 3 combat games are still taking us 5-6 hours....

cmdisc
January 12th, 2015, 07:46
If tackling all this in one session would take too long, you can offer 2 sessions; the first covering parts I to III (or even IV if you make good time) and the second to finish up whatever you haven't gotten to.

Malkavian_Andi
January 12th, 2015, 09:58
so 6 separate level 1 PFS characters would each get 1xp, 1pp and 100gpMore exactly, each of those characters would get an unfilled chronicle. As soon as any of those characters gets XP from a different scenario or module, the rewards for Silverhex Chronicles will be calculated for that character. So if you apply only a single encounter to one of your characters, then don't play the character until you play another Silverhex encounter two weeks later, you can cross off that encounter on the chronicle. You can continue this until you either crossed off all encounters on the chronicle (then there's nothing more to gain) or you gain a different chronicle for the character, at which time you fill the chronicle out and apply it.

On the game, I might be interested, have to check my characters if there's one that can use Silverhex Chronicles. Provided Trueshots will still run it, of course.
Also, I already played Silverhex Chronicles once. The encounters are quite straight forward. One really deadly, but all not too time-consuming (might be different online, though).

Farnaby
January 12th, 2015, 11:14
I was planning to run this at the beginning of february.

Do you have all the pregens as .xml files yet?
I couldn't find the ACG ones so am just starting to enter them into FG.

cmdisc
January 12th, 2015, 12:30
I'm not available for this session considering the timing, but if Farnaby offers something more along the lines of an evening GMT game in Feb, I could see if my schedule works out for that one. :)

Trueshots
January 12th, 2015, 21:52
Guys I've been in bed with flu for 2 days, those back to back games Saturday killed me! I'm postponing this game to the following Saturday at the same time. The calendar has been updated but since I'm in bed on my phone I accidentally deleted someone off the calendar. Whoever it was add yourself back. Talk to you guys soon!

cmdisc
January 12th, 2015, 21:55
Hope you feel better soon. The Flu sucks.

Trueshots
January 20th, 2015, 02:37
Guys this game is still on for this Saturday at 7PM EST. This will be right after Skellan's game. The Calander has been updated as well to reflect the new time. IF you need to post alternate times, please do, I'm willing to work with you guys on anything. Thanks.

NOTE TO MODERATOR: Could you please change the title of this thread to reflect the actual time? Thanks

Trueshots
January 21st, 2015, 06:10
Hey guys working on this game trying to finish it up. I need to be honest. Everyone needs to study their pregen and make sure you know how/what/when/where to do/act/etc. I can really foresee these 6 games taking more than an hour a piece. SO if everyone is ready with their move and thinking ahead we may get though it, but if we lag around we may have to break it into 2 sessions to finish all 6 parts.

Malkavian_Andi
January 22nd, 2015, 15:43
I decided which pregen to play and created her on FG (that way I'll know exactly where I put what, which should add to time-efficiency).

I'll play the barbarian, which should make combats run quickly.

I also added the last chronicle of the character I'd like to apply the chronicle to.

Trueshots
January 22nd, 2015, 18:57
Sounds good looking forward to playing with you guys.

Trueshots
January 24th, 2015, 00:48
Ok guys this looks like it's going to be a no go for tomorrow, we have 3 signed up but only 2 confirmed, and only one pregen xml posted. So let's cancel and you guys throw out some new dates and time that will work for you and hopefully we can pick up more people. Add suggested dates and times to the calendar now so we can all see them and mark yes or no. Thanks guys, take care.

Malkavian_Andi
January 26th, 2015, 12:28
I put a few suggestions for this week in the game calendar. Those are not set in stone, of course, they're just to keep this going. I hope we'll get a few more players to get the game running soon :)

Trueshots
January 29th, 2015, 21:45
Well, guys. Think I'm gonna give up on this one for awhile and remove from calendar. I think players aren't liking the idea they can't play their own characters. Maybe we'll try again at a later date.

Malkavian_Andi
January 30th, 2015, 00:27
Too bad, but maybe there'll be some more interest at a later date.