PDA

View Full Version : PFS #2-21: The Dalsine Affair (1-2,3-4,6-7) - Gauging Interest...

HoloGnome
January 11th, 2015, 17:16
Hi Everyone - I am going to run another campaign, time is TBD based on mutual agreement and party composition, as follows:

PFS #2-21: The Dalsine Affair
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st- to 7th-level characters (Tier 1–7; Subtiers 1-2, 3-4 and 6-7)

Your mission takes you to the Taldan capital city of Oppara where the intricate web of political intrigue and ages-old religious conflicts threaten the Pathfinder Society’s presence in the land. When Baron Jacquo Dalsine’s cousin is implicated in a recent attack on Society allies, the situation becomes even tighter for the Pathfinders, and at the end of the day some members of the Dalsine family may not get out unscathed.

Written by Alex Greenshields.

Calendar Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1327)

Event #: 55946
Event Name: FG Online-PFS#2-21

I am willing to run this campaign multiple times at different sub-tiers, but would like to stay in sub-tier, if possible. I know there are a lot of 1-2 level characters out there, so 1-2 is a strong possibility. 6-7 is also a good possibility based on the currently advancing cohort.

I have invited a number of you. If you are interested, please post in the thread indicating what character(s)/sub-tier(s) you would like to play, and I will work on some provisional times. If you indicate more than 1, please indicate your 1st choice.

Please post or send me the following info:
xml
portrait
chronicle
tracking info
pfs id
faction

NOTE: I have a full license (not Ultimate), which means that you must own a copy of Fantasy Grounds in order to play.

Thanks!

Farnaby
January 11th, 2015, 17:43
Sounds good.

I have either druid 1 or witch 3/ninja 4

cmdisc
January 11th, 2015, 18:06
I would be interested depending on day and time. Most evenings GMT can usually be best for me.

Right now I could bring:

Dr. Grimwell Slag (Mindchemist/2)
Logus Blithe (Archeologist/3)
Katerine Sunsoul (Cleric/6)

If we were looking at subtier 1-2, I would want to consider a new build.

HoloGnome
January 11th, 2015, 18:20
OK - sounds good - we'll see who shows up and what the teams might look like. I'm open as far as the time. When there is a clear and well-suited party vs. sub-tier, I will post some times.

Skellan
January 11th, 2015, 19:17
Monday tuesday Wednesday evenings GMT are best for me, though not this week coming.sat is possible if I have good notice.
I would prefer to play bard 5 or fighter 7. But I can do any subtier

kwarner1986
January 11th, 2015, 20:19
I'll play, but it has to be an evening time. I have a variety of characters.

Evelyn
Level 2.2
Ice Sorceress

Rebecca
Level 5.0
Healing/Buffing Cleric

Diana
Level 4.0
High Damage Melee

Victoria
Level 2.0
Wizard Department of Intelligence

Archer
Level 1.2
Fighter Longbowman

HoloGnome
January 11th, 2015, 20:26
Would like to run next week sometime, if possible.

xazil
January 11th, 2015, 21:15
Id be interested as well, as time permits me to join. I have characters available in all 3 of the subtiers.
Janek (Sorcerer/PFA) 6.

Ragnar (melee druid) 4.
Mordel (archer paladin) 3.

Ingvar (support cleric) 2.
Haplo (tank samuarai) 1.

Victor
January 11th, 2015, 21:35
I'll jump in if there is a spot left.
I would rather play Belte (level 6) and keep leveling up these mid level characters so we can all play in some high level games.
I can bring Coburn (level 2) or make a new toon if that's what's people want to do.

lachancery
January 11th, 2015, 22:39
@ HoloGnome: I have run this scenario before on FG; send me a PM if you would like my FG module conversion.

Trueshots
January 11th, 2015, 22:49
I'll bring Kara, wait, xazil killed her.......

HoloGnome
January 11th, 2015, 22:52
@ HoloGnome: I have run this scenario before on FG; send me a PM if you would like my FG module conversion.

Thanks, lachancery! I will do that. Will definitely save me some time!

I'll bring Kara, wait, xazil killed her.......

Yeah :( But...you can rebuild her...make her better than she was before. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wd6IuVya4M)

HoloGnome
January 11th, 2015, 23:28
OK - we have enough for at least 1 party. Make sure you post your character options and I will see what aligns.

Lord Kavos
January 11th, 2015, 23:33
I'm in as well...

Can play my drunken barbarian 'Ulfgar' (lvl 4, maybe 5 by the time this runs) or my ifrit PC 'Ember' (lvl 1 bard).

Not sure if intrigue is Ulfgar's strong point...though he's a great 'bully' type if required...

Trueshots
January 12th, 2015, 05:56
I ll have to play Sumashi, level 3 bard with no bard levels who is actually a fighter ninja.....

cmdisc
January 12th, 2015, 07:30
It looks like most people are considering builds that lean either subtiers 1-2 or 6-7 with a sprinkling of 3-4 in between. If we stick with 1-2 I'll bring my Mindchemist-2 (Grimwell). Otherwise if folks want to take advantage of the 6-7 subtier (mid to high level games don't seem to be offered all too often), then I'll sit this one out as kwarner can cover the blessing/healing slot with his cleric.

Sam Guerra
January 12th, 2015, 08:11
I also would like to continue leveling Karrack but can start a new character, I could use a 2nd character anyways :)

HoloGnome
January 12th, 2015, 09:18
On the first 6 sign-ups at sub-tier 1-2, I see:

cmdisc: Mindchemist/2 (Dr. Grimwell Slag)
kwarner1986: Ice Sorceress/2 (Evelyn) or Wizard/2 (Victoria)
Victor: Warpriest/2 (Coburn)
Farnaby: Druid/1 / Rashmi (& Duma her animal companion)
Skellan: TBD - Any Level 1-2
xazil: Samurai/1 (Haplo of the Scrolls) (or Ingvar - Cleric/2 - some duplication)

Looks like an interesting mix - Alchemist, Sorcerer, Fighter/Cleric, Druid, Bard, Samurai

...or in the 3-4 sub-tier - very workable:

cmdisc: Archaeologist/3 (Logus)
kwarner1986: Rogue/4 (Diana)
Farnaby: Witch/3 (Nenna)
Victor: Warpriest/2 (Coburn, or maybe Pregen 4)
Skellan: TBD
xazil: Druid/4 or Paladin/3

Finally, the upper tier is possible with 1-3 pregens:

(cmdisc: move to other group for 1-2/3-4)
kwarner1986: Pregen/7 or Cleric/5 (or maybe 6th by this game?)
Farnaby: Pregen/7 or Ninja/5 (or maybe 6th by this game?)
Victor: Magus/6 (Belteshazzar)
Skellan: Fighter/7
xazil: Sorc/PFA 6

APL: 6.3
Sub-Tier: 6-7

(if you want to do the upper sub-tier and Rebecca/Meredith are close to 6th, I could hold the game for them if you have leveling games upcoming, for example)

----

For the 2nd Group, I see either the 1-2 or 3-4 sub-tier developing, or happy to do an upper-level pregen party of 7's:

Sam: Barbarian/5 (or new)
Lord Kavos: Barbarian/4 or Bard/1 (got it right this time)
Trueshots: Bard/3 (or new)

(the other possibility is that xazil and possibly Alq Veers could go with this group for the GMT+10/11 crowd - Australian game) - up to you guys.

Lord Kavos
January 12th, 2015, 14:03
Um ember is my other pc...

HoloGnome
January 12th, 2015, 16:09
Um ember is my other pc...

Sorry - I'm a little jet-lagged and was tired last night - fixed it...unless you want to try the psionic mind-control on skellan. :)

xazil
January 12th, 2015, 16:23
I think both Victor and myself are looking to play our sixes so we can work at making higher level scenarios.

HoloGnome
January 12th, 2015, 16:35
I think both Victor and myself are looking to play our sixes so we can work at making higher level scenarios.

OK - let's see what the others say. I will add a poll.

cmdisc
January 12th, 2015, 18:29
I DO have a 6th lvl cleric, but I'm trying to keep her paired with another player's build that we usually run during the CONS. So if the group wants to run a 6-7, that's perfectly ok and I'll bow out and make room for someone else as I'm generally not very keen on pregens.

Edit: Or better yet, I'll just hop over to the 2nd group since they are leaning toward the 1-2 or 3-4 group anyway. That way I won't be holding Group #1 back from the 6-7 that they want to run.

HoloGnome
January 12th, 2015, 18:58
I think skellan, xazil, and victor would prefer to play the upper tier, and I am willing to do that, including holding up the game a little to let a couple of people level (1 or 2 away). But, either the lower or middle subtiers looks perfect right now for the 1st group (and interesting party compositions) - just needs info from skellan, assuming people were willing to pass on 6-7. The other option to help scheduling would be to make the 2nd group the Australian party - with LK, xazil and Alq Veers + others. There are a bunch of options.

Skellan
January 12th, 2015, 23:17
I have a character who has just reached level 2 so I can rebuild them to suit. I am not all that fussed who I play, just put me wherever it makes it easier :)

Also, are you likely to be running a session this Saturday? If not, I will run a scenario :)

Alq Veers
January 13th, 2015, 00:24
Thanks for the invite. Happy to play but will have a lvl 1 character only. Just have to see if the date/time we choose conflicts with my work schedule.

Character: Simaeo'on Tulok
Class: Fighter

Lord Kavos
January 13th, 2015, 06:19
im happy for Ulfgar to play up...I have a chronicle from Rise of the Runelords I can apply to Ulfgar, that will make him 5th lvl if that helps...

Otherwise dont mind playing down either, but would probably use Ember is its lvl 1-2 group...

HoloGnome
January 13th, 2015, 13:56
The parties are shown below.

sub-tier 6-7

skellan: fighter/7
xazil: sorc(pfa)/6
victor: magus 6
lord kavos: barb/5 (play up confirmed - will apply CS to reach level 5)
farnaby: kyra/7 (confirmed)

(I will accept 1 additional Lvl 6-7 PC or pregen/7 for this party - trueshots has first right of refusal)

Game time: Saturday 1/17 11:00AM PACIFIC, 7:00PM GMT

--------------------------------
sub-tier 1-2

kwarner: wizard/2
sam guerra: new/1
trueshots: bard-ninja/3 or new/1
cmdisc: mindchemist/2
alq veers: fighter/1
rivver: tbd/1-2 (cleric?)

Game time: TBD

--------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: This scenario is known to be fun, but also exceptionally challenging, and after looking it over, I agree. Expect difficult combat in both sub-tiers. Parties of 6 seem ideal.

cmdisc
January 13th, 2015, 18:41
The subtier 1-2 looks good to me. My mindchemist is primarily Knowledge skills and ranged touch attacks with bombs and alchemical weapons. So a healer and maybe an extra front-liner to join the Fighter would be nice to have if there's room to swing it.

Sam Guerra
January 13th, 2015, 19:10
I am thinking to go warpriest that should help with both

Trueshots
January 14th, 2015, 04:22
I need to take a class in code deciphering so that I can understand whats going on on this thread.....When is the game being played and who is in it? I can play a level 1,2,3, or pregen level 7. I'd actually prefer the pregen for the extra gold ;)

Trueshots
January 14th, 2015, 04:24
DISCLAIMER: This scenario is known to be fun, but also exceptionally challenging, and after looking it over, I agree. Expect difficult combat in both sub-tiers. Parties of 6 seem ideal.

Here we go again ;) guess we can't bring Julius Flashbolt ;(

HoloGnome
January 14th, 2015, 06:57
Trueshots - currently, you are in the subtier 1-2 group (#2), which, as yet, has no time scheduled - you can bring anything at levels 1-3. Also, there's no extra gold for Pregens - it's either the standard gold when you have a character that hits 7th level, or you can apply it to a 1st level character, but the gold is capped at 500. In fact, it's less gold in both cases, because Pregens don't get Day Job rolls. The first group (subtier 6-7) should play this Saturday if all goes well. If Farnaby doesn't want the spot, you can come along with a Pregen/7. No deciphering required...and the time is on the Game Calendar, as usual.

Finally, the disclaimer is accurate. Last time you had a slight level vs. subtier advantage and the dice and circumstances went your way. This time, the characters are mostly in subtier and the battles could be deadly. If players limit any penchant for Leroy Jenkins MurderHoboism and go with strategy, it should go well.

Alq Veers
January 14th, 2015, 10:08
"I have a bad feeling about this..."

But looking forward to it none-the-less

Edit: Just had a look calander/work wise. I won't be available after tuesday 20th (Australian Eastern) next week so will rule me out from participating in this one unless it's held after the 26th. Derp, sorry.

cmdisc
January 14th, 2015, 11:11
Just to add to that, I will not be available for anything on the 24th. Any other evening (GMT) should be workable.

Lord Kavos
January 14th, 2015, 16:16
Was up late, so I thought i would get Ulfgar ready for the challenge ahead...

Here are his files.

HoloGnome
January 14th, 2015, 17:58
Got it - just waiting to see if Victor/xazil are good for this Saturday AM (Pacific) for the upper subtier. Also, Rivver has joined - added to the 2nd group - subtier 1-2. Upper subtier folks - please post your characters, chronicle, portrait, etc. - also need PFS ID# and faction (if on your character sheet, that's fine).

kwarner1986
January 14th, 2015, 19:35
Rebecca is 5th Level, I think. If she can join up in that sub tier place me as a backup. At this time I don't know if I could make it or not, but if there's a 6th slot and I'm not busy I could use a little gaming time to unwind.

HoloGnome
January 14th, 2015, 21:00
Rebecca is 5th Level, I think. If she can join up in that sub tier place me as a backup. At this time I don't know if I could make it or not

OK, kwarner - I put you in the Tier 1-2 group, since your characters are a better fit there anyway and we can find a time that works for you.

Saturday is a go for the following people:

skellan: fighter/7 - confirmed on the calendar
xazil: sorc(pfa)/6 - confirmed on the calendar
victor: magus 6 - confirmed on the calendar
lord kavos: barb/5 (play up confirmed, please confirm the time on the calendar - this sat. at 7PM GMT)
farnaby: kyra pregen/7 (confirmed - please confirm the time on the calendar - this sat. at 7PM GMT)

APL: 6.2

(I will accept 1 additional Lvl 6-7 PC or pregen/7 for this party. Also happy to go as is.)

Trueshots - you have already confirmed the Sat. time on the calendar. If you want to play the upper sub-tier, please look at the party composition above, choose a pregen, let me know, and I will make sure the xml is there. Ninja/Rogue are notably absent and in your bailiwick, but there are other good options, too. Feel free to experiment. Otherwise, you can stay with group 2 (bard or new).

Farnaby: As before, Kyra's spells will be as listed on the pregen. If there is a rest period, then you can change them. You are also permitted to buy/sell things, as time permits, but the only gold award will be the scenario gold.

Sub-Tier 1-2 people (kwarner, sam guerra, cmdisc, alq veers, rivver, and trueshots): I will look over the posts and put up some game times for you. If Alq Veers moves up, I will accept 1 more for this sub-tier.

Trueshots
January 14th, 2015, 22:11
Trueshots - you have already confirmed the Sat. time on the calendar. If you want to play the upper sub-tier, please look at the party composition above, choose a pregen, let me know, and I will make sure the xml is there. Ninja/Rogue are notably absent and in your bailiwick, but there are other good options, too. Feel free to experiment. Otherwise, you can stay with group 2 (bard or new).
HoloGnome, Im gonna be playing a level 1 with 1xp or a level 2. There was an error found with My brawler by xazil last weekend we played. I'm working with the local Venture Captain as we speak at how I can fix the character to not only be playable but to also be enjoyable enough to keep. If we can't figure it out, I'll transform a level 1 with 1xp into my new character. You can remove me from the Upper tier game. Thanks

HoloGnome
January 14th, 2015, 22:50
OK. Group 2 is final as: kwarner, sam guerra, cmdisc, alq veers, rivver, and trueshots. Time TBD. Send me a PM with your preferred times. Thx.

If anyone wants to join Group 1 with a Lvl 6-7 character on Saturday, you're welcome to do so. Otherwise, we will go with 5.

HoloGnome
January 15th, 2015, 15:17
I posted a few times for Group #2. Have a look at the calendar. Alq - you're the tough one at GMT+10. :) I can run it on Sunday, if that works for most people.

Victor
January 15th, 2015, 16:05
Holo, our Sunday is Alg's Monday. Thats why Xazil doesn't do Sunday runs unless he is off work.

HoloGnome
January 15th, 2015, 17:45
Holo, our Sunday is Alg's Monday. Thats why Xazil doesn't do Sunday runs unless he is off work.

Yes - I realize. Unfortunately, that leaves the only other option as the 31st in that case which is 2 weeks away, since Alq is blacked out until after the 26th. So, group 2 may have to go forward without him.

Alq - if everyone wants to go on Sunday (your Monday) or some other date before you are available and you can't make it, you could play a pregen on the Saturday game (this Sunday for you) since that is the only time that works for you. I'd like for you to have a chance to play.

Also, Farnaby has expressed interest in other pregens, so you could play Kyra the cleric/7 if he wanted to choose a different one.

Alq Veers
January 15th, 2015, 23:00
Sorry for the confusing PMs, I wasn't paying attention to the timezones correctly.

Having the game on Sunday 18 (which is 6am Monday 19 for me as noted above). Works perfectly fine as I am not working or have any other commitments at this stage.

So I'm in. :)

HoloGnome
January 15th, 2015, 23:43
Great! So, it looks like Sunday is a go, especially if we hear from Rivver and kwarner!

xazil
January 16th, 2015, 03:21
Here is Janek.

cmdisc
January 16th, 2015, 06:44
Portrait

HoloGnome
January 16th, 2015, 14:26
Thanks for posting the characters. For Sunday, it looks like Rivver and kwarner can't make it. So, we are at 4 (fighter, grappler, alchemist and ?) and Grimwell can use CLW wands. Sam - have you decided on a character yet? Also, if anyone is interested in the Sunday sub-tier 1-2 game, feel free to join. 2 open spots.

Skellan/Victor - need your characters for tomorrow. Thx!

cmdisc
January 16th, 2015, 16:25
If Group 2 needs to reschedule, I'm fine with that. I'd rather put it off than go in underpowered and get ourselves killed off...especially since we've been warned by the GM that the fights are tough.

HoloGnome
January 16th, 2015, 18:25
Yes - I don't think I want to run it at 4 people either, even though the Professor can use CLW wands. ;) I posted in the game thread - maybe others will join.

Sam Guerra
January 16th, 2015, 20:23
I am going with Eleven Warpriest, will post xlm and portrait here tonight, working on finishing touches.

Also if you have room for Karrack i wouldn't mind running him this Sat. if that game is still going.

HoloGnome
January 16th, 2015, 21:05
OK Sam - sounds good - you can play on Saturday as #6. On the 2nd session, you can play and hang back - also no credit the 2nd time.

Victor
January 16th, 2015, 21:16
Sorry but I am out. I hope this doesnt mess things up too much for you guys.

Skellan
January 17th, 2015, 01:22
Here's Norbur's stuff

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p5ytqjqk3s1x542/AAD-AaUN9VS6qAXCpng0_ZqYa?dl=0

Sorry its late! Looking forward the session :)

HoloGnome
January 17th, 2015, 03:29
All the best, Victor. No worries - all good.

Sub-Tier 6-7 party for tomorrow is now:
Farnaby: Pregen TBD/7
Rivver: Pregen Cleric/7
Skellan: Fighter/7
xazil: Sorcerer/PFA/6
Lord Kavos: Barbarian/5
Sam Guerra: Barbarian/5

APL: 6.2

Sub-Tier 1-2 party for Sunday is now:
trueshots: monk/2
cmdisc: mindchemist/2
alq veers: fighter/1
sam guerra: new/1 - can "try out" a new build or run a pregen/1 (no credit, since you will receive credit in Game 1)
(Victor: warpriest/2 - placeholder - if you can make it)

APL: 1.5

Looking for 1-2 more for this game. Also, I will review the difficulty again at this level. I've mostly looked at the upper sub-tier. Per xazil, this season was supposedly designed for 4 players.

Skellan
January 17th, 2015, 04:17
Norbur is 7th level now but I don't think it makes a difference for the subtier

HoloGnome
January 17th, 2015, 05:51
All good. Picked up the files - thx.

Rivver
January 17th, 2015, 10:43
I've had to pull out as I have acquired a new pet migraine that won't leave me alone.

HoloGnome
January 17th, 2015, 13:15
Sorry to hear that - hope it passes quickly. If you feel better by game time, please come along!

Skellan
January 17th, 2015, 13:43
HG - your inbox is full so I will reply here ...

That's odd as the xml is a straight export from fantasy grounds. I have exported it again to dropbox see if that helps. Will you have the server up a little before the session? I will get it working don't worry :)

HoloGnome
January 17th, 2015, 13:54
Fixed the inbox issue.

The new XML still doesn't work. The error is:
Script Error string "scripts/manager_campaigndata.lua" 98 import: Unable to parse file

Have you tried to import it locally? I'm not seeing any issues with any other characters. So...must be something about your file (...or maybe the content it references?)

Looks like the file contains illegal characters. Just tried to do a compare.

OK - dropbox is adding a bunch of garbage to the file. I will re-download using a different method. It works now - he's in!

Skellan
January 17th, 2015, 14:04
It works fine for me. It could be because something I am running. Are you able to put your server up?

Skellan
January 17th, 2015, 14:05
Oh - cool great :)

HoloGnome
January 17th, 2015, 14:06
It was a dropbox error - fixed - see above post. All good now. :) Dropbox downloaded all the files except the xml correctly. I had to open it, then download it to get the correct version of the file. If you put them all in a .zip, there shouldn't be any trouble.

Does anyone have or know where I can find the FG XML for the Jirelle/7 pregen (Swashbuckler)? I thought it was in the forums, but now I can't find it.

Skellan
January 17th, 2015, 14:29
I haven't got her, sorry

HoloGnome
January 17th, 2015, 14:50
Well...it may not matter anyway because Rivver might not be able to make it, so Farnaby may end up playing Kyra. (Sorry, Farnaby.)

Rivver
January 17th, 2015, 15:03
*Is feeling better*

HoloGnome
January 17th, 2015, 15:21
Oh good - guess I better whip up that pregen from somewhere then...

Rivver
January 17th, 2015, 15:23
You want that I should not come after all?

;)

HoloGnome
January 17th, 2015, 18:28
Rivver - definitely come! I just finished building the other pregen, so you're all set.

The server is up as shown in my sig, except for the TS server. It's ts.fg-con.com.

Farnaby
January 18th, 2015, 00:57
Thanks for the game HoloGnome.

Put the pregen chronicle on Meredith 54144-1

Skellan
January 18th, 2015, 01:03
Heres my prechronicle

Skellan
January 18th, 2015, 01:32
Awesome session by the way. Hope I get to play in one of your games again soon :)

Had a look at aqueous orb again and I reckon I was wrong as it has the escape condition in there as a save, so good call.

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 02:07
Hey everyone - great job! Thanks for playing and glad you were so successful on the upper tier! I'll put together the chronicles soon. The server is up if you need to modify your notes, etc. I think the MVPC is...Janek! :D And...Ulfgar gets the drunken head-butting award. Hehe.

xazil: Just an additional note regarding adjudication of Aqueous Orb. The spell text includes the following: "Creatures within the orb may attempt a new Reflex save each round to escape". So, I would be of the opinion that since the escape check RAW is once/round, the save to avoid would work the same way. One successful save vs. the orb attack/round is sufficient to avoid its path, no matter how many intersections or repat passes with an opponent square with the total allowable movement may occur.

Skellan
January 18th, 2015, 02:21
Ha! Yeah definitely. It was the Dalsine washer

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 02:22
Awesome session by the way. Hope I get to play in one of your games again soon :)

Had a look at aqueous orb again and I reckon I was wrong as it has the escape condition in there as a save, so good call.

Thx! Glad you enjoyed it! Really nice battle! Yeah - nasty spell if the DC is high enough and FAIL save. Waaaa waaaa waaaaaaaa, BBEG.

I'll be looking at new scenarios - if you PM me a list of ones you have played, I'll try to work around it. ;)

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 02:27
Hey Rivver & Farnaby - nice work with those Pregens! They tend to get a bad rap, but Kyra was awesome in all her clericky ways - also best at Diplomacy - and Jirelle was surprisingly tough - lots of good damage! Swashbuckler - not too shabby! Thanks for stepping in with unfamiliar characters!

Meanwhile, the barbarians were drinking, of course. :D

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 03:06
For the 1-2 subtier tomorrow at 11AM Pacific - it looks like we have a 5th player, and there's a chance that Cloudancer may play - so possibly 5-6 people. Looking good! I will be loading up some of the pregens to make them available, as needed.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 08:05
For the 1-2 subtier tomorrow at 11AM Pacific - it looks like we have a 5th player, and there's a chance that Cloudancer may play - so possibly 5-6 people. Looking good! I will be loading up some of the pregens to make them available, as needed.

Holo do you know that if you're running with more than four for those early season games there is an adjustment formula you have to use in order to play with 5 or 6?

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 09:43
Holo, I'll be there with character, I'm waiting to hear from Kyle about my chronicle, I'm doing my last free respect before I turn level 2 and will be selling gear back and such. I'll post everything here for you to see as soon as I see how much gold we made Friday night, Ill add that in, buy my gear and add to xml and post. Its 5 am here so need to go to bed so we can play in the morning LOL

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 10:41
Holo do you know that if you're running with more than four for those early season games there is an adjustment formula you have to use in order to play with 5 or 6?

Hmm...not that I'm aware. The only adjustments I know about per the Guide are APL based and the 1-2 sub-tier group is not going to exceed an APL of 2. In season 0-2 if there are 6-7 players and the APL is exactly between sub-tiers, the party must play the higher sub-tier unless there are no players that have a high enough level to be in that sub-tier, and parties of 4-5 must play the lower sub-tier (but you're already doing that). I don't think there are any sub-tier issues for this game. If you mean 4-player down-scaling when playing up, that is applicable to Season 4 onward.

Is there some other reference or note regarding season 0-2 scaling? Thanks.

No worries on the character. Even if Kyle doesn't make it with the Chronicle, we can sort it out and go on the honor system. He has extenuating circumstances and may not have it done. However, I cannot give you a final chronicle until he is done - that's really the only issue.

Just make sure your character is correct and the right level with any expected resources that would have been added per the last game and give me the pre-chronicle, as applicable if you are making changes. I plan minimal character review (just the basics) and if any questions arise, we can deal with them rapidly in real time or in the background as we play. ;)

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 10:51
You probably already have it taken care of. I can't Remember the document, but it's for 0-4 scenerios.

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q1gy

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 10:59
You probably already have it taken care of. I can't Remember the document, but it's for 0-4 scenerios.

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q1gy

Yep - that is the same as in the Guide. No adjustment required and faction missions are flavor only (but have interesting/necessary story elements in some cases). So...all good.

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 11:37
Session 1 Game Summary:
Party Composition: Fighter/7 (Norbur), Cleric/7 (Pregen - Kyra), Swashbuckler/7 (Pregen - Jirelle), Sorc/PathFieldAgent 5/1 (Janek), Drunken Brute/Brawler 3/2 (Ulfgar), Barbarian/Hunter 3/2 (Karrack)
APL/Sub-Tier: 6.2 / 6-7
Game Time: 6 hrs. (11:00AM-5:00PM Pacific)
Faction Missions: Yes / Successful
Optional Encounter: Yes
Primary Success: Yes
Secondary Success: Yes
Character Death: No
Sub-Tier 6-7 Awards: 1XP/2PP/3253GP (NORMAL)/.5XP/1PP/1627GP (SLOW)
Mid-Tier (Level 5) Awards: 1XP/2PP/2252GP (NORMAL)/.5XP/1PP/1126GP (SLOW)

NOTE: Mid-Tier Gold is (1250 (st 3-4) + 3253 (st 6-7))/2 = 2252GP

Chronicles will be attached to this post when complete.

Special thanks to lachancery for providing FG scenario content.

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 13:22
The issue of multiple attacks came up during the game and there was a suggestion about making multiple weapon entries. It just dawned on me what you were talking about as I was doing some editing/clean-up for the Jirelle NPC and with multiple BAB attacks, you only need a single weapon entry. If you double-click on the box with the dice in it to the left, you will get a full-round attack. If you double-click on the 1st box to the right, you will get only the primary attack. If you double-click on the 2nd box to the right, you will get only the secondary attack. So, no need for multiple weapons with iterative attacks.

See the attached notated image. Hope this helps simplify your Actions Tab. :)

Skellan
January 18th, 2015, 13:23
that's a good way of doing it

Sam Guerra
January 18th, 2015, 13:43
Here Zanthas my Elven Warpriest

cmdisc
January 18th, 2015, 16:26
Are we a GO today for Group 2? I see 6 signed up on the calendar, but tracking only 4 'Yes' votes.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 16:28
Are we a GO today for Group 2? I see 6 signed up on the calendar, but tracking only 4 'Yes' votes.

4 is all you need when you have Phoebe the White Haired Witch! :)

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 16:28
Yesterday, I was uncertain about Demoralize stacking from different Intimidate sources. Intimidate is the exception, even in the case of different sources, and xazil was correct that different sources just extend the duration (which is how we played it). The relevant sourcebook and FAQ info is shown below. If anything else OTHER than demoralize confers the shaken condition, then the target will progress to frightened.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/special-abilities#TOC-Fear

Fear effects are cumulative. A shaken character who is made shaken again becomes frightened, and a shaken character who is made frightened becomes panicked instead. A frightened character who is made shaken or frightened becomes panicked instead.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/intimidate

You can use this skill to cause an opponent to become shaken for a number of rounds. This shaken condition doesn’t stack with other shaken conditions to make an affected creature frightened. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier.

Success: If you are successful, the target is shaken for one round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC. You can only threaten an opponent this way if it is within 30 feet and can clearly see and hear you. Using demoralize on the same creature only extends the duration; it does not create a stronger fear condition.

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2jsox&page=10?Pathfinder-Society-Rules-20-FAQ#48

DigitalMage wrote:
Does this mean that a Shaken condition imposed by a Demoralise use can never upgrade an existing Fear condition no matter what the source?

Correct.

DigitalMage wrote:
E.g. a character is Shaken by successfully saving against a Cause Fear spell, but in the same round another character Demoralises the character - the character still just Shaken, or is he now Frightened?

He's still shaken, but the duration of the shaken effect is now increased. So the shaken effect from the successful save vs cause fear lasts 1 round but if that NPC is demoralized the same round before he acts and he's shaken for 1 round from the demoralized effect, he's now shaken for 2 rounds.

DigitalMage wrote:
Equally, does it mean a Shaken condition imposed by a Demoralise can never be upgraded by another use source of a Fear condition.

Correct. Though, as noted above, it can extend the duration of the shaken condition.

DigitalMage wrote:
E.g. a character is Shaken from a successful Demoralise. He then succeeds on a save against a Cause Fear spell. Is he now Frightened or still just Shaken?

He's shaken, but as noted above, the duration is increased.

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 16:32

Yes. As far as I know - and we may have a full table if everyone shows up.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 17:37
Holognome here's the info for Phoebe the White Haired Witch (Level 2). She's is total respect but I'm keeping much of the equipment to make it easy on ya Kyle sent me email saying he would get my chronicle as soon as he got off work today, Ill send it to ya as soon as I get it.

Starting gold: 987
Sell back at 100% Value:
Cestus 5gp
Monk Kit 8gp

New purchases
Arm bracers of the Brawler 500 gp
Witches Kit 21 gp
MWK tool(UMD) 50gp
MWK tool(Sense Motive) 50gp
MWK Tool (Craft:Other) 50gp
3X Shield of Faith +2 potion 150gp

Wand of Shield (2pp)

Total End gold prior to Start of Game: 171gp
PP used 2
PP remaining 0/6

cmdisc
January 18th, 2015, 17:45
Just curious. What tool is being masterworked to grant +2 to UMD? Same with Sense Motive.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 17:49
Just curious. What tool is being masterworked to grant +2 to UMD? Same with Sense Motive.
A discussion that took place back in 2013, explains. The link is HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18149-Masterwork-Tools-The-Societies-View)

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 17:57
A discussion that took place back in 2013, explains. The link is HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18149-Masterwork-Tools-The-Societies-View)

I don't think UMD/Sense Motive MW Tools are PFS legal. Unless you have non-magical items conferring a magic bonus or psychic implements. I'll do some checking, but not inclined to allow them.

Trenloe
January 18th, 2015, 17:59
And if you read the further linked thread in that thread you will find that no masterwork tool can give a 100% all-the-time bonus to a skill. e.g. Your example of sticky gloves for UMD would just be for using UMD to activate a wand blindly, not for all UMD efforts. Therefore you need to be very specific about your masterwork tools and also be aware that some GMs might not allow the +2 bonus in certain situations.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 18:00
I don't think UMD MW Tools are PFS legal. Doesn't really make sense.

Do you have that in writing somewhere? According to the VL that oversees FG, its legal. Read the link I posted for clarification. Been using one on my ninja for 2 years now ;) That why I stated a thread before I did it.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 18:02
@ trenloe, correct that is UMD to activate a wand

Just like my acrobatics one is for moving through threatened squares only( not jumping, balancing, etc.) For example, This is why I have like 3 or 4 perception tools on my characters, to cover all the senses

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 18:12
If there is a defined item that you can reference in the SRD that offers the bonus you are requesting for UMD or Sense Motive, then I will allow it (but I don't think there is). Such as: Masterwork Tool for Wands. A sticky glove doesn't do anything, except give a Reflex circumstance bonus in the event that an NPC casts grease while you are trying to use your wand so that you can keep on holding on to it. Otherwise, no. Same for Sense Motive - there is no item that lets you have psychic powers. I could envision an expensive book and weeks of study into human behavior and body language, but you don't get that as a MW tool. Hence the invention of the Skill Focus feat, which further rewards you as you increase the number of ranks in a particular skill. That's the way to do it.

Not trying to be difficult, but if you want better UMD/Sense Motive, put ranks in them and/or wait until you are a higher level. ;) Otherwise, if you get specific approval of your defined MW tools for these exotic skills from paizo for use in PFS, then I will allow it.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 18:19
Not trying to be difficult
Wrong you are always trying to be difficult. Trenloe just stated that what I am using it for is OK. I have not had one single GM question me about this in over 2 years on FG.....I can't believe the new breed that has come onto FG, they are such rules lawyers and have to be right about everything, it makes me sick. People can't stand for someone else to think outside the box or have something on their character that they haven't thought of...I'm not just speaking to you but we spend half the damn time gaming and on the forums fighting about what we can and can't do, 4 hour games turn into 6-8 hour games. Hell the strictest GM on FG has allowed me to do this for 2 years. If you would like me to drop from game I will, its your decision.

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 18:29
I am not trying to be difficult, am not a "rules lawyer" and I am also not asking for an argument. My understanding is that PFS goes strictly by the SRD and chronicle sheets. If it's in the SRD, a FAQ, an errata, or any other paizo source (including specific approval), no problem. I will happily allow it. Otherwise, take a skill focus feat or put ranks in it.

If you want to drop, OK, but I'm certainly not asking you to do that. We're a friendly bunch and it would be a shame if dropping meant that the game couldn't go forward for everyone. So, I hope you accept the ruling and are willing to go forward. Also, I will continue to research and if I am wrong, you will have my apologies, but that's my ruling for today on the issue of MW Tools and exotic skills.

cmdisc
January 18th, 2015, 18:30
???

I wasn't exactly trying to open a can of worms here. Just curious as to what tool it was being used.

<shrug>

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 18:35
My PM inbox is full of messages from you telling me what I'm doing is either wrong or stupid. You nearly ran off a GM on the first time they GM's not long ago of and I quote the GM "Rules Lawyering", because you love to argue that you know best about rules. I think at this point it may be best that I bow out of your games indefinitely. If you can't take a ruling from a Venture Lieutenant that everyone on these forums HIGHLY respects then I really don't want anything to do with you or your games....

My apologies to others in the game, but this has been an ongoing issue, even brought up on multiple occasions after gaming sessions and discussed at length. The difference is, I speak my mind, and so that's what you got today, me speaking my mind...

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 18:36
I'm a new PFS GM and if it's my inexperience that is at fault, I accept that with profound apologies, as above. As a GM, I'm asking for the paizo reference for the item that supports its use. It shouldn't be a big deal and as a player, you are required to provide it to use anything on your sheet - items, abilities, etc. and that's how PFS works. If this were a homebrew game, no problem.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 18:39
???

I wasn't exactly trying to open a can of worms here. Just curious as to what tool it was being used.

<shrug>

No your question was perfecting acceptable, Ive asked similar questions to others as well. But when Trenloe steps in saying what I'm doing is legal and I provide a discussion that many long time FG GM's were a part of, then its completely ignored...then I have the right not to participate, just as anyone else here does. This has nothing to do with you cmdisc, your question was perfectly fine! Cheers

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 18:40
I'm a new PFS GM and if it's my inexperience that is at fault I understand this but when given advice and ruling by experienced GM's you don't except them.....

There was quite a discussion already about this here :

Basically, your list is OK with the exception of the kit for perception. I'd rule that each of those items would be separate tools (50gp each) and not covered by a kit.

To the best of my knowledge there has not been an "official" PFS ruling, but the expanded text in the entry in Ultimate Equipment pretty much covers their use and I mention this a few times in the above referenced thread.

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 19:00
TS - I explained the reasoning - just trying to do what's right for PFS. Please just find the paizo reference and I will allow it, or will allow it at a later date with confirmation. No problem, no argument, no issue.

Alq Veers
January 18th, 2015, 19:02
Uploading files

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 19:23
Hey TS - Just a last opportunity. We're here with 3. If you want to play, just thought I would make one last check. Happy to have you in the game.

Also, if anyone else wants to come along, we have room, and I have a number of pregens loaded and ready to go.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 19:25
TS - I explained the reasoning - just trying to do what's right for PFS. Please just find the paizo reference and I will allow it, or will allow it at a later date with confirmation. No problem, no argument, no issue.

Again, Trenloe is my god when it comes to PFS and rules. If he and other GM's are saying it's ok, then that's all I need for me. Again I will restate in 2 years of playing on here NO ONE has question this, strike that, they may have questioned but all allowed. I think we may just have a clash in personality, maybe we should leave it at that. There are plenty of people to play in your games and I'm sure I can find somewhere to play as well. On top of that I've been working with a GM all week on the character I was to play, there are a lot of things going on with this character (lots of rule that allow or disallow things) knowing the nature of this forum conversation and past gaming situations with you, we could take hours allowing me or not allowing me to do something. I've got better thing to do on a Sunday afternoon then argue about rule to a game that is supposed to be relaxing and fun....

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 19:35
OK, sorry. The game is guaranteed to be fun based on experiences last night and hopefully relaxing. Also, I am not expecting any major rules issues. Up to you.

HoloGnome
January 18th, 2015, 19:39
OK - game canceled for today. We'll reschedule for cmdisc, alq veers, Sam Guerra and others...

Sorry, guys.

Trueshots
January 18th, 2015, 19:47
you can play 3 + pregen. and it be legal.....

Trueshots
January 19th, 2015, 01:35
So that we can end this argument quickly I will provide you with a definitive answer from the man that makes the rules, Mike Brock. One is the question, the other is his response. Enjoy (grabbing popcorn and 64oz soda)

Trenloe
January 19th, 2015, 03:44
Regarding the "discussion" about masterwork tools, see this post I have made: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18149-Masterwork-Tools-The-Societies-View&p=197493&viewfull=1#post197493 Please pay attention to the list of guidelines - especially point 1: "Do not include the +2 bonus in your skill entry in your character sheet." I have seen many people automatically include the +2 from one masterwork tool as a blanket "misc" modifier for that skill. Do not do this on your character sheet as masterwork tools do not give a blanket bonus for all uses of the skill, their use is situational and requires GM approval before you add +2 to your skill roll.

Please take any further posts regarding this topic to the thread linked above, not this scenario thread.

cmdisc
January 19th, 2015, 16:25
Any proposed dates for a reschedule? I cannot do the weekend of the 23-25th, but might be available for the week or two after.

HoloGnome
January 19th, 2015, 17:23
Yes - coming up - just waiting to hear back from a couple of people, then I will add a new date - probably a party of 5-6.

Lord Kavos
January 20th, 2015, 01:46
Session 1 Game Summary:
Party Composition: Fighter/7 (Norbur), Cleric/7 (Pregen - Kyra), Swashbuckler/7 (Pregen - Jirelle), Sorc/PathFieldAgent 5/1 (Janek), Drunken Brute/Brawler 3/2 (Ulfgar), Barbarian/Hunter 3/2 (Karrack)
APL/Sub-Tier: 6.2 / 6-7
Game Time: 6 hrs. (11:00AM-5:00PM Pacific)
Faction Missions: Yes / Successful
Optional Encounter: Yes
Primary Success: Yes
Secondary Success: Yes
Character Death: No
Sub-Tier 6-7 Awards: 1XP/2PP/3253GP (NORMAL)/.5XP/1PP/1627GP (SLOW)
Mid-Tier (Level 5) Awards: 1XP/2PP/2252GP (NORMAL)/.5XP/1PP/1126GP (SLOW)

NOTE: Mid-Tier Gold is (1250 (st 3-4) + 3253 (st 6-7))/2 = 2252GP

Chronicles will be attached to this post when complete.

Special thanks to lachancery for providing FG scenario content.

Hey buddy,

you crossed out items from the lower tiers on the chronicle...I thought playing a higher tier gave you access to items found on the lower tier as well.

Not that its a major issue - all those items are available given our fame scores at this level, but that was my understand about how chronicle access works...

HoloGnome
January 20th, 2015, 02:19
Oh - OK - that may be my error. Happy to fix it. I just thought it was the tier you were in and haven't done this enough yet. I'll look into it now.

Skellan
January 20th, 2015, 02:30
Chronicle sheets are cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd :)

Trenloe
January 20th, 2015, 02:32
Chronicle sheets are cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd :)
Ah, you love 'em. ;)

HoloGnome
January 20th, 2015, 02:49
So - yes - you get access to the items from the subtier you played and any below it. It also looks like I screwed up the Level 5's. They would not have access to the 6-7 subtier items, playing up - only the 1-2 & 3-4. Is that correct?

xazil
January 20th, 2015, 02:51
No, because they played up into a higher tier they get that tiers rewards (along with the risks).

Trenloe
January 20th, 2015, 02:53
It also looks like I screwed up the Level 5's. They would not have access to the 6-7 subtier items, playing up - only the 1-2 & 3-4. Is that correct?
All PCs get access to the same equipment on the chronicle sheet no matter if they are in-subtier or not. The equipment on the chronicle sheet is the loot that's gained in the scenario (minus stuff that is always available for purchase) so it is available for purchase to all PCs.

HoloGnome
January 20th, 2015, 03:00
OK - The 5th levels in the party get the mid-tier gold and the items from the subtier they faced and any lower items. Got it.

I guess some of my confusion is being caused by how to handle the GM credit, since it sounds like it's not the same. So, when I apply GM chronicle credit for a subtier 6-7 run to a 5th level character, my character would only get the items for subtier 3-4. At 5th, he would get the midtier gold and the 1-2/3-4 items. Do I have it right now? Clear as mud! :D

Trueshots
January 20th, 2015, 03:07
I guess some of my confusion is being caused by how to handle the GM credit, since it sounds like it's not the same. So, when I apply GM chronicle credit for a subtier 6-7 run to a 5th level character, my character would only get the items for subtier 3-4. At 5th, he would get the midtier gold and the 1-2/3-4 items. Do I have it right now? Clear as mud! :D
you would get in-between gold I believe, 1xp and 2pp

example 1-5 game. If I'm posting my GM chronicle to a level 3 I get in-between, if I'm posting to a 4-5 character I get upper tier gold. And I believe you always get max gold no matter what ( the beauty of GMing)

example 2: The Way of the Kirin that you guys only got partial gold. I got the entire amount, because the Paizo gods love GM's, they are the ones that buy the scenarios ;) Is that conicidence?

HoloGnome
January 20th, 2015, 04:13
Trenloe - do you know how I should handle the item rewards for the GM credit? Was my original comment above correct about awarding the items (not gold) that are in the sub-tier that is at or below the level of the character?

Trenloe
January 20th, 2015, 13:56
Trenloe - do you know how I should handle the item rewards for the GM credit? Was my original comment above correct about awarding the items (not gold) that are in the sub-tier that is at or below the level of the character?
It doesn't mention it specifically in the PFS guide. I don't see why you (when applying GM credit) wouldn't get access to the higher tier equipment when applying credit to an out of subtier character (just the next higher subtier if you're out of subtier in a multi subtier scenario). The main balancing factor is that you get out-of-subtier gold.

HoloGnome
January 20th, 2015, 14:35
Thanks for checking into it.

My assumption was based on p. 38 of the Guide:

The subtier for which a GM’s character receives credit depends on the character’s level. If a GM with a 1st-level rogue runs a Tier 1–5 scenario using Subtier 1–2, she takes a Subtier 1–2 Chronicle sheet for her 1st-level rogue. If she instead runs a Tier 1–5 scenario using Subtier 4–5, she still takes a Subtier 1–2 Chronicle sheet, as her PC clearly falls within the lower subtier.

In that example, my reading was that even when running the higher subtier, the chronicle sheet (which includes the items that would normally be awarded for a particular subtier) is tied to the GM character level and would have the upper items crossed out, because those items would not be part of a lower level chronicle sheet.

Have you noticed that wording on p. 38?

Trenloe
January 20th, 2015, 15:31
Have you noticed that wording on p. 38?
Yep, that example is specifically tied to a "1st-level rogue" - i.e. a PC that clearly falls within a specific subtier.

HoloGnome
January 20th, 2015, 15:47
OK, thanks. I appreciate the review and help. I guess I will take the conservative approach for now and just do 1-2/3-4, given that I am out-of-subtier. Also, practically speaking, looking at the chronicle sheet, there are no special items in the upper subtier anyway.

cmdisc
January 21st, 2015, 21:33
I see the calendar has a date on it. I had to vote 'no' as this weekend is bad for me due to other appointments/plans/etc. I'll be more free after the weekend.

HoloGnome
January 21st, 2015, 21:48
OK - it looks like one of the other players suggested it (Evloret & friend). How about the following week?

cmdisc
January 26th, 2015, 08:06
If the subtiers are 1-2, 3-4, and 6-7 and we play the 1-2 but my PC is Lvl 3, how does the gold award at the end work out? Is it "out of subtier" and the average of the 1-2 and 3-4?

Oh and yeah, I'm good for this next weekend if we can get 4+ players. I'm going to swap out Grimwell for Logus. He'll be a bit overpowered, but I'm hoping for that 1xp so I can get him to 4th for that pregen credit waiting for him.

Alq Veers
January 26th, 2015, 09:57
I won't know what I'm working until I call work tomorrow, just got back home and will see when I'm free asap

HoloGnome
January 26th, 2015, 10:01
That's fine - it will be a level warp to 5, eh? If you bring a Level 3 to a 1-2 subtier run, you will get the average of the gold between st1-2 & 3-4 and any items <= subtier that you faced.

Hopefully, it will be you, Sam (Warpriest), Evloret, Bashido2, Al Veers, and possibly Victor.

Alq - OK, thanks - hope it works out.

Victor
January 27th, 2015, 04:06
Man this is one long thread... I'm jumping in as an alt or whatever pretty late. Put my name on the calendar. The Friday slot conflicts with Rivver's game.

Trueshots
January 27th, 2015, 04:34
Man this is one long thread...

I'm going to add to it, to make it longer and get my post count up close with Trenloe ;)

Trenloe
January 27th, 2015, 04:43
... and get my post count up close with Trenloe ;)
Keep trying. I'll charge you with making at least 10% of them "useful". :p

HoloGnome
January 27th, 2015, 07:04
Victor - this is my last Friday game and has been on the calendar for some time. So, technically, her game conflicts with mine. :D I eliminated other Friday times and will be playing her game on the 6th, I think. It would be great if you could play, since you missed the other run.

cmdisc
January 27th, 2015, 08:17
Based on the calendar so far, it looks like Sat is shaping up to be the best option.

HoloGnome
January 27th, 2015, 14:13
It looks like Sam moved, but Alq has indicated that he can't make it on Saturday. Also, Evloret and Bashido2 have indicated to me that Friday is their day and it took some PM coordination. So - as of yesterday, for Friday, it was:

cmdisc, Sam Guerra, Evloret, Bashido2, Alq Veers and I had invited Victor.

Ideally, if Alq, Evloret and Bashido2 can play on Saturday, then Saturday is OK. Both Alq and Evloret made the effort for the previous no-start game.

Rivver
January 27th, 2015, 16:43
Sorry HG. Didn't mean to jump in on your play date. ;)

HoloGnome
January 27th, 2015, 18:44
No worries - I'm sure it will work out one way or another. How about this - Hypothetically, could "Friday Night PFS" be on Saturday just this week to eliminate the conflict and better support a Friday run of Dalsine and Alq Veers' participation? Are you free this Saturday, or is Friday your only night this week?

I will PM Alq Veers, Evloret and Bashido2 to see if Saturday is a possibility (Sunday for Alq, since he's +10 timezone) for my game.

Also - I'll just say that it's a good problem to have. The best news is that there are more games available!

HoloGnome
January 28th, 2015, 06:05
The Friday 7PM GMT subtier 1-2 game will be:
cmdisc, Alq Veers, Evloret, Bashido2

Looking for 2 others.

Evloret
January 28th, 2015, 19:51
Uh...test?

HoloGnome
January 28th, 2015, 20:34
Great - looks like a good start - just need to convert to FG now and add your gear (up to 150gp).

cmdisc
January 28th, 2015, 21:24
With everyone else at 1st level, Logus'll be a bit overpowered, but I'm eager to get him his 1xp so I can apply the Spire Chronicle. :) If you think that will unbalance things though, I can stick with Grimwell so long as the fighter and monk don't mind the front line.

HoloGnome
January 28th, 2015, 21:33
Should be OK. If we end up with 4, it might work in everyone's favor. I have sent out a few more PMs and posted in the 3.5/Pathfinder forum to see if anyone's interested in crossing over. Also, I am meeting with Evloret and Bashido to help get their characters ready and maybe do some mock battles...and Bashido can now vote! :)

HoloGnome
January 29th, 2015, 14:55
Bashido - here is your initial character from yesterday.

NOTE: THIS GAME STILL HAS 2 MORE OPEN SPOTS

Bashido - added an additional token/avatar for you.

Evloret
January 30th, 2015, 01:04
Tracking of items and stuff.

Alq Veers
January 30th, 2015, 06:16
Inventory and Character data. New items purchased before this game in right column. Only basics.

let me know if I've done anything wrong, should only expect issues after the level up however.

HoloGnome
January 30th, 2015, 06:55
Evloret - attached is all the character stuff from our build/demo session today. Download and save for other adventures.

HoloGnome
January 30th, 2015, 06:58
Inventory and Character data. New items purchased before this game in right column. Only basics.

let me know if I've done anything wrong, should only expect issues after the level up however.

Alq - Thanks - I will upload them to FG. Please also forward the following:

1. Your last chronicle
2. Your PFS ID
3. Your Faction

See you tomorrow-ish.

BASHIDO - Don't forget to register for your PFS ID! :)

Alq Veers
January 30th, 2015, 11:01
1. Your last chronicle : Added
2. Your PFS ID : 165718 - 1
3. Your Faction : Grand Lodge

Correct me if I am wrong, but I see the last two on the inventory sheet.. and I thought I had them added somewhere else as well. Anywho.. See you in the morning

HoloGnome
January 30th, 2015, 16:04
Yes - of course - sorry - I was tired last night. :D

HoloGnome
January 30th, 2015, 16:32
Hi All -

We have 1 more spot for today's subtier 1-2 game (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1327) starting in a couple of hours. In particular, the party could use a divine type. If you're interested in playing - or you want to give Pathfinder Society a try, I have pregens loaded! Thanks!

HG

Myrddin
January 30th, 2015, 17:43
Sylvester CRathar char .xml attached. All starting purchases, so no inventory tracker.

I'll upload chronicle sheet later from other PC (both previous chronicles are GM credits).

HoloGnome
January 30th, 2015, 18:14
No worries - seems straightforward. Is there an avatar for him - or I have one you can use - he's all set up and ready to go.

HoloGnome
January 30th, 2015, 18:34
Server/Teamspeak are up. I am online, but have some last minute things to take care of.

We still have room for 1 more - anyone want to play the Kyra/1 pregen?

Myrddin
January 30th, 2015, 18:52
Sylvester Crathar chronicle sheet 2 attached.

HoloGnome
January 30th, 2015, 19:16
here you go, cm:

cmdisc
January 31st, 2015, 01:13
Thanks for the game. It ran long, but was great! :) Tough end fight.

Here is Logus' pre-chronicle. No big rush on it.

HoloGnome
January 31st, 2015, 02:36
Thanks for playing everyone and congrats on the mission success! We came in at about 5.5 hrs. considering the start delay and the family emergency that unexpectedly arose for me today (thanks for the understanding). I will put the chronicles together soon!

Hey - nice 20' reach Logus - that is pretty sweet! Time to buy some more Enlarge potions! :D

Also - congrats Evloret and Bashido2 on tackling your 1st PFS game & characters - good job!

The Early Riser and "Yeah - I Was Only -1" Awards go to Alq Veers - glad you could make it!

Myrddin gets the Spiderman Award! For wall-climbing...and well...spiders, of course. :D

Best in-game trivia (Thx, Bashido2): After a creature has been dazed by the Daze Spell (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/daze.html), it cannot be affected again for 1 minute. The FG spell library version does not include the extra text about the blackout period! Never knew that!

Chronicles are attached - let me know if there are any errors and I'll fix them. cmdisc - your pre-chronicle did not include Day Job gold. Alq Veers - your last chronicle has no chronicle number - assume it's 02.

NOTE: Session report complete on paizo.com.

HoloGnome
January 31st, 2015, 20:25
Myrddin - Portrait & token for Sylvester from yesterday, with dueling scar.
Alq Veers - Portrait & token for Simae'on.

Myrddin
January 31st, 2015, 20:44
Thanks Holo for the game and the portrait. I had great fun. Look forward to the next one.

HoloGnome
January 31st, 2015, 22:29
Thanks for playing! Looking forward to it! :D