PDA

View Full Version : Hey People!

Hurty_Noob
January 10th, 2015, 23:48
I'm Noob. I just got Fantasy grounds and I'm having a time exploring it. I'd love to get involved in some games regardless of rules sets, though I did just get the 5E books so thats at the top of my search list.

I'd say my lack of preference comes from my last of experience. I got to play a few games of pathfinder at PAX last year and since then I've just been wanting more. i've also been watching a bunch of the roll play streams put

on by JP, Koibu and their extended "crews" feeding my desire to play. Aside from that I've been PC gaming since I could walk. I live in Washington a bit east of Seattle, thats -8 UTC I believe.

As for my general availability I find myself with a good bit of free time so Mon-Thur 2:00 PM - 12:00 AM and Fri and Sun whenever. of course these are just numbers, life happens and special dispensations can be made.

Thanks for stopping by, looking forward to meeting and gaming with you all.

dulux-oz
January 11th, 2015, 01:44
Hi Hurty, and Welcome! to FG.

Good start on finding a game: you might like to include which days/times you are available for as this will help narrow things down.

Hang in there, you'll find a game before too long.

In the meantime, might I suggest (if you haven't already done so) watching the various Tutorial Videos available from the Wiki (not just mine (also available from the links in my sig, below), but others' as well) - this will give you a heads-start on actually using the software and so means less time asking "how do I do this" in games and more time actually playing.

Cheers

ddavison
January 11th, 2015, 01:56
You might also want to check out the Society of Extraordinary Gamers iIf you are interested in having a chance to play a bunch of different game systems, genres and settings. Here is a link:
https://extraordinarygamers.com/

They use Fantasy Grounds exclusively.

damned
January 11th, 2015, 03:30
see this post too - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22924-looking-for-new-players

Hurty_Noob
January 11th, 2015, 06:58
Thanks for all the reply's! i'll definitely be checking all this stuff out.