PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning Pathfinder Game Looking for Players

Rogue
January 10th, 2015, 14:21
Greetings!!
I run the Curse of the Crimson Throne adventure path on Saturday Mornings at 9 AM EST. For the last few weeks, only one or two people have shown up, forcing me to postpone the game.
So I have decided rather than scrapping it totally, I'd recruit for new players. I use Teamspeak for chat, and I request that you be willing to join the Society of Extraordinary Gamers (SXG) to gain access to my Teamspeak channel. (extraordinarygamers.com)
The characters will be level one, for I am starting it fresh. 25 point buy, Races and classes from the core rulebook or APG only are to be used. New people are welcome. For more information, please leave a note here or contact me on SXG's teamspeak. I am usually almost always on. Look for me in Rogues Romper Room. Once you join the society, the teamspeak info will be at the bottom middle of the page. They are very welcoming and will point you in the right direction.
Hope to see you in game really soon! Happy Gaming!

Rogue

Mask_of_winter
January 10th, 2015, 15:33
And don't forget to set your timezone in your profile when you register or the site will throw a bunch of errors at you. Rogue is a friendly and experienced DM. Here's your chance to play.

KingofKlubs
January 10th, 2015, 16:01
Im in as always :)

RustyAngel
January 10th, 2015, 20:58
I'm interested as it will also give me a reason to wake up earlier on Saturday's

Hurty_Noob
January 10th, 2015, 22:47
hey, i'm Noob i'd be interested in joining your group. didnt see you on ts, i'll try to check back there later.

damned
January 10th, 2015, 23:02
the SXG gamers use their own TeamSpeak server - you will need to join SXG at https://extraordinarygamers.com/ to get the TeamSpeak details and to sign up for their games.

Gertak
January 11th, 2015, 01:24
Man you like to play early but if you still have room I'm interested.
I've been sitting in the extraordinarygamers channel for a couple hours so if I don't respond right away I'm probably not at my headset at the moment.

Rogue
January 11th, 2015, 13:06
Sorry, I had to get off for a while, due to an ER visit. But I will be on all day today, and most likely in my room. Feel free to stop on by.

KingofKlubs
January 11th, 2015, 18:58
Remind me how many traits we get?

Rogue
January 11th, 2015, 19:07
you get two regular ones, plus one free one out of the CotCT players guide.

KingofKlubs
January 14th, 2015, 23:38
will we be doing character gen on Saturday?

Serena
January 15th, 2015, 00:23
I'm pretty noob at rpg. Haven'T player in a long time. But I am very interested joining your game. Provided you help me a bit at beginning for rules and character sheet making.

Serena

glacius
January 15th, 2015, 02:07
Im interested in joining,do ou still have room?

Rogue
January 15th, 2015, 22:18
All right, just an update. There will be no game this weekend, as I had all my stuff saved on an external hard drive and it crashed and burned. Hopefully will have a new one in a week.

KingofKlubs
January 24th, 2015, 13:58
Are we playing today?

damned
January 24th, 2015, 14:18
i think i saw someone in Rogues channel but i dont think I saw Rogue...
err thatd be you I saw!

KingofKlubs
January 24th, 2015, 15:16
i think i saw someone in Rogues channel but i dont think I saw Rogue...
err thatd be you I saw!

Yeah, I hung around the channel for an hour or so

KingofKlubs
January 27th, 2015, 21:12
Is there any word on whether there will be a game this Saturday?

Snowpaw
January 29th, 2015, 19:38
Is there any more room, and could I play a Warlord from the Path of War classes? Or maybe the other one, I think it's Stalker?

Rogue
January 30th, 2015, 12:53
yes, there should be a game this Saturday. Remember, it starts at nine AM Eastern. I will be using the FG teamspeak. I should be in there sometime this afternoon for people who want to stop in. That is, if I don't get called in to volunteer. Look for me after noon.

Rogue
January 30th, 2015, 16:35
there is now a calendar updated for this game.

JerryRig
January 31st, 2015, 18:14
the SXG website has errors when trying to show its teamspeak info. Cant find it in any method as it is either an error trying to locate it or just not findable any other way such as searching for it.

damned
January 31st, 2015, 22:58
Hey JerryRig - are you logged in? I dont think it will show the TS info if you are not logged in.
The server name is: ts3.extraordinarygamers.com port 9988 but you will need your GM to share you the password.

If you can provide more info on what link you are clicking etc - Im sure Sunspoticus would like to fix it :)

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-3.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

JerryRig
February 1st, 2015, 00:18
I was logged in and did my verification response to email and reloaded it to ensure i was under my verified info.

It was right where the TS server info was suppose to be. it had error over and over.

there is also no searchable reference to TS that gives the addy ...even the GM's have failed to say it ..mostly "join me on TS server" or " we will meet on the SXG TS server" ...but no server addy ....just so your aware ...not newbie friendly.

damned
February 1st, 2015, 00:51
The page that displays the TS info is a third [arty application site - it may have been having issues.
If it still doesnt work for you can you report the actual link you used so that it can be checked/fixed?

Its quite possible there is a browser incompatibility going on or similar.
I have only ever found the girls and guys at SXG to be very welcoming to newcomers :)

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-9.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

JerryRig
February 4th, 2015, 21:43
I don't think has anything to do with welcoming or not ...think it was just somehow not coming up. And when i searched for it there was no other information on it except if you could see it on the one spot. Tried going there again today using both Firefox and IE ...both don't show the server just says error. Feedback was so that those folks who wanted to know new people trying to join their games and not making it onto the SXG teamspeak server ...they may have the same issue I do and that means they are missing out on customers/members making use of SXG.
need too for a game. Just trying to be helpful to an active SXG'r (Rogue).

Done with the SXG TS topic. Back to the game stuff.

Sunspoticus
February 4th, 2015, 22:11
I don't think has anything to do with welcoming or not ...think it was just somehow not coming up. And when i searched for it there was no other information on it except if you could see it on the one spot. Tried going there again today using both Firefox and IE ...both don't show the server just says error. Feedback was so that those folks who wanted to know new people trying to join their games and not making it onto the SXG teamspeak server ...they may have the same issue I do and that means they are missing out on customers/members making use of SXG.

Done with the SXG TS topic. Back to the game stuff.
This issue comes up when users neglect to set their timezone on registration. Since I now force a default, this site bug hasnt popped up in weeks.

- SXG Web Admin/Overlord

JerryRig
February 5th, 2015, 02:10
(registered last week ...problem still there and not due to time zone so you still have problems. No need to discuss this on this topic. Send me a message if you want some help figuring it out but I don't like to ninja peoples game postings.

Thought I asked to take this out of her game forum? Yup lookie there ...says it right there. Here ..i'll repeat.

DONE WITH THE SXG TS TOPIC ON THIS FORUM POST.

Sunspoticus
February 5th, 2015, 17:47
If you are going to make disparging about my group and my site, I'm going to respond. The fact the site averages about 3-5 registrations a day flies in the face of your claims. So the problem is client-side, not the site. End of story. Now we're done with this thread.

JerryRig
February 5th, 2015, 18:56
your site is fine ...your people seem fine ...your members seem fine ...all I did was point out a problem and your folks (minus Rogue) have made issue with it rather than saying ...thank you we didn't know that ...appreciate the input. And now your trying to make me the villain? Seriously?

Lets scroll back then ...take a look at things shall we?

to rogue for her game: "the SXG website has errors when trying to show its teamspeak info. Cant find it in any method as it is either an error trying to locate it or just not findable any other way such as searching for it." This was said to let her know maybe why only one of 5 people got onto teamspeak who signed up for her game.

Then one of your members decides they need to say: "Hey JerryRig - are you logged in? I don't think it will show the TS info if you are not logged in.
The server name is: ts3.extraordinarygamers.com port 9988 but you will need your GM to share you the password.

If you can provide more info on what link you are clicking etc - I'm sure Sunspoticus would like to fix it."

This was not a member of the group nor posted on SXG ...was here for rogue's info and the players of the FG game she posted.

but i respectfully share "I was logged in and did my verification response to email and reloaded it to ensure i was under my verified info.

It was right where the TS server info was suppose to be. it had error over and over.

there is also no searchable reference to TS that gives the addy ...even the GM's have failed to say it ..mostly "join me on TS server" or " we will meet on the SXG TS server" ...but no server addy ....just so your aware ...not newbie friendly."

this to let him no that finding the TS server was not being new member friendly. This is another chance to take the feedback ...fix the issue or come up with a self help item for those who cant get it to run to gain assistance/troubleshoot it.

Instead: The page that displays the TS info is a third [arty application site - it may have been having issues.
If it still doesn't work for you can you report the actual link you used so that it can be checked/fixed?

Its quite possible there is a browser incompatibility going on or similar.
I have only ever found the girls and guys at SXG to be very welcoming to newcomers.

I'm like what? I have said nothing about the attitude, behavior of people of SXG so what the heck are they saying? I think to myself ...seems like this is getting off topic so I'll try to end it and they can do what they want with the knowledge of people not able to access the TS connection or find the connection info via searching their site. share what i did to help your members help you and your new joiners to have the best experience they can via:

"I don't think has anything to do with welcoming or not ...think it was just somehow not coming up. And when i searched for it there was no other information on it except if you could see it on the one spot. Tried going there again today using both Firefox and IE ...both don't show the server just says error. Feedback was so that those folks who wanted to know new people trying to join their games and not making it onto the SXG teamspeak server ...they may have the same issue I do and that means they are missing out on customers/members making use of SXG.

Done with the SXG TS topic. Back to the game stuff."

Again ...taken wrong I guess but it sure seems like I am trying to point out things that your folks could use to make it even easier on new members and to let you know again I was pointing it out to rogue to assist her in knowing perhaps why she had so many no-shows. Also I did not like ninja'n her Forum. But no ...again look what comes from my trying to provide feedback and helpful info on what I did to troubleshoot it:

"This issue comes up when users neglect to set their timezone on registration. Since I now force a default, this site bug hasn't popped up in weeks."

- SXG Web Admin/Overlord

from the owner (you) no less say it hasn't happened in weeks when I am saying it just happened. So either I'm lying and trying to help out to fix it (doesn't make much sense) ...or your just not getting it so I try to clarify even though you ignored the fact I said to drop the topic here. So I try again and do my best to speak at the 6th grade level (little bitter at the moment with you ...yes that was a potshot) to point out and continue to try and help you troubleshoot even though now your treating me like an idiot or someone who didn't do something correctly and this just couldn't have happened. Seriously this is what you do to people who try and help your members and what you do to people who try and let your GM's know what might be happening to folks trying to join their TS server and play the game?

So my last shot at trying to maker sure you understand "YES this does happen and YES it happened within this week":

I post: "(registered last week ...problem still there and not due to time zone so you still have problems. No need to discuss this on this topic. Send me a message if you want some help figuring it out but I don't like to ninja peoples game postings.

Thought I asked to take this out of her game forum? Yup lookie there ...says it right there. Here ..I'll repeat.

DONE WITH THE SXG TS TOPIC ON THIS FORUM POST.

again you cant accept the feedback ...assume somehow I'm insulting your people somewhere and suggest " If you are going to make disparging about my group and my site, I'm going to respond."

So where did I disparage (https://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disparaging) you people here? Please point it out where I did this above? By suggesting help to fix an issue you apparently say does not happen unless someone "...neglect to set their timezone on registration." That might be disparaging me maybe but that is the closest thing I can come to anything disparaging or harmful to your site. Looks more like you brought more disparage to your folks then I did above. Unless you consider it disparaging to ever have anyone point out something that did not work on someones site as harmful to it?

Definition of Disparaging

1. That disparages; tending to belittle or bring reproach upon:

Definition of Disparage:

1. To speak of or treat slightingly; depreciate; belittle:

2. To bring reproach or discredit upon; lower the estimation of:

Rogue, sorry the above had to take place here ...it seems 2 people from SXG feel slighted by my attempt to assist you on what might have happened and now its become a big ugly black mark on this site. You have nothing to do with this ...its the 3 of us ...so I'm sorry for my part in it and should not reflect on you, your games, abilities, or your membership in other places besides fantasy grounds in any way. They could have messaged me but nope. They can still message me and drop this here and take the higher ground.

Thats an idea ...take the higher ground and don't respond back to this here but in messages. That would be better then what I have just done in the last 3-4 minutes. Apologizes to FG people who have read thru most of this ...I assure you there is much better content on FG than this bickering we are having at this point.

Again spotty ...you can take the higher ground and let Rogue have her game topic back. I am OK looking like a ranter. Would prefer to end this with this line here and call it a wash as well and never discuss it further.

V/r ...

JerryRig

Sunspoticus
February 5th, 2015, 20:15
First, Our teamspeak server is not public access. A site registration is required to get the address and password. Its not difficult.

Secondarily, I just looked at your account and you didn't set your timezone which explains why you aren't seeing any site content.

Thirdly, you're apparently trying to grind an axe based on your rant. Had you had an issue with your site login, there are plenty of avenues to contact any of the 5 sxg site admins. So really you're just slinging mud because of your own ID10T error.

JohnD
February 5th, 2015, 20:37
https://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3439174/jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

JerryRig
February 5th, 2015, 22:52
1. I registered

2. I set my timezone (strange how since my last check when it was pointed out and was set ...it is no longer set) so not the reason.

3. I said nothing to you, too or on your site, or to anyone other then to let Rogue know what might have happened with attendance and you and yours have been trolling this forum post that is not on your site since I tried to help her on this site. Axe to grind ,,,,sheesh you still don't get it! Never said a single bad thing about you, your people or your site. and yet you troll on.

More free entertainment for the masses.

:D

JerryRig
February 5th, 2015, 22:55
https://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3439174/jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

ROFL ...John you got it figured out!

JerryRig
February 5th, 2015, 23:26
So we can call it an end Sun & I both talked and this entertainment has come to an end. Sorry folks ...try my AaW censorship post. Probably more drama to follow there.

bcp001
February 6th, 2015, 02:40
SO yeah...

Is there still an opening? Kinda got lost in the teamspeak rants.

Have a friend telling me about Pathfinder over the past couple years and haven't had a chance to give it a whirl. Normally play with RL friends (we all moved away so we used FG to get together) so this would be my first "blind" FG game table.

Also, I know jack about the Pathfinder setting outside of the basic rules.

JerryRig
February 6th, 2015, 02:55
can you connect to the TS Server for FG? Rogue has a channel there she visits regular like ...Rogues Roost. She's not on right now but try her their if you don't get a quick reply here.

bcp001
February 6th, 2015, 03:08
I can hang out there see if she shows up.

Rogue
February 7th, 2015, 12:47
Just a quick reminder to my players, I'm in the regular FG Teamspeak server under Pathfinder-Crimson Throne. Game starts at nine am, or in one hour 15 min from the time of this post. any potential applicants can meet me there as well.