PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Age of Rebellion Beginner Box this Sunday 1-11-15, who's down?

ransolot
January 8th, 2015, 02:17
So, I'd like to run the Star Wars Age of Rebellion Beginner Box this Sunday, the 11th and am looking for interest. I only need/want 4 players. If you are interested, please let me know and I will set the game up. It would be at 12:00pm (noon) PST and it should take 3-5 hours

Trenloe
January 8th, 2015, 02:27
I'm up for that - count me in!

ransolot
January 8th, 2015, 02:28
Well hell, if Trenloe is in, I'm running this for sure!

ransolot
January 8th, 2015, 02:30
Here is the game listing-

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1325

Doc Sportello
January 8th, 2015, 05:04
Oh boy, I'd love that! I hope I can make that time, but I'll have to check with the family. I'll let you know tomorrow (Thursday).

Would we use premade characters? I have Edge of the Empire, and I have the Age of Rebellion Beta, but not the AoR Beginner Box or final published book. Also, right now I have only a demo license. Is that okay?

Valarian
January 8th, 2015, 08:31
I'd like to join in as well. The time looks fairly UK friendly, though I might be flagging by the end if it goes on for 5 hours.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Star+Wars&iso=20150111T12&p1=137&ah=3

Judgement
January 8th, 2015, 15:27
Sounds good to me.

ransolot
January 9th, 2015, 01:36
One spot left! Go apply folks!

Cyphon36
January 9th, 2015, 02:05
nvm thats to early for me

Doc Sportello
January 9th, 2015, 03:23
I'm free then, especially as I just realized it's PST, which makes the time even better for me. I just applied. Thanks for considering me!

Edit: Oh, maybe it's EST after all? Either way, I can make it; I expect to be free all afternoon/evening.

ransolot
January 9th, 2015, 03:37
I'm free then, especially as I just realized it's PST, which makes the time even better for me. I just applied. Thanks for considering me!

Edit: Oh, maybe it's EST after all? Either way, I can make it; I expect to be free all afternoon/evening.

Cool, I accepted you to the game. It is pacific time. Noon this Sunday PST, 3 EST

Doc Sportello
January 9th, 2015, 05:06
Sounds great. What (if any) voice arrangements will I need? And I assume we'll get character sheets in-game? I have the AoR beta but not the Beginner Box.

Oh, and can I play with a demo license? I'm probably going to purchase a full or ultimate license in due course, so if I need to do that now, just let me know.

Really looking forward to it.

ransolot
January 9th, 2015, 05:09
We will be using Skype and everything you need will already be loaded into FG when you log on. And I'm pretty sure you'll be fine on demo. Don't quote me on that but I'm thinking so

Trenloe
January 9th, 2015, 05:13
And I'm pretty sure you'll be fine on demo. Don't quote me on that but I'm thinking so
Demo will be fine, as long as you have an ultimate license. :)

ransolot
January 9th, 2015, 05:32
Oh...... I don't have an ultimate license

Doc Sportello
January 9th, 2015, 05:47
Ah! I'll go ahead and get a license, then. What sort of license do you have, ransolot?

Doc Sportello
January 10th, 2015, 16:40
OK, I bought the $40 license over at Steam. I assume that will be enough for me to join this game? Ultimately I probably will upgrade to Ultimate, but I'd like to play a few games first to see how things go.

Trenloe
January 10th, 2015, 16:45
OK, I bought the $40 license over at Steam. I assume that will be enough for me to join this game?
Yep, that will be fine.

And also make sure you have a good headset with built in microphone to use with Skype - don't use external speakers/mics on your computer as this will give feedback to all of the other players, which can make it at least very annoying and at most impossible for you to game.

Doc Sportello
January 10th, 2015, 17:28
Yep, I've got a nice Stennheiser headset with mic; I've used it in online games before.

Now I'm reading about the Spy in my AoR beta book. :)

One thing I'm wondering about with the EoTE ruleset: is there a way to indicate on the character sheet which skills are career skills?

Trenloe
January 10th, 2015, 17:34
One thing I'm wondering about with the EoTE ruleset: is there a way to indicate on the character sheet which skills are career skills?
There's currently no way to do this (other than use the notes section on the "Other" page). There's really no mechanism for tracking XP use (other than just the total, spent and remaining on the "Main" page). I'll have to think about a nice way to do this and try to implement something in a future release.

Doc Sportello
January 10th, 2015, 18:17
Thanks. The "Notes" section will do for now. I'm creating a Spy just to learn more about the class. :)

ransolot
January 11th, 2015, 01:23
Sorry for the late responses guys. I have the GM license Doc and don't worry about making your character. I already have all of them made. I'll catch you guys tomorrow for some Star Wars!

ransolot
January 11th, 2015, 01:43
Everyone please remember that we will be using Skype for this session. Please PM me your skype ID

Doc Sportello
January 11th, 2015, 20:04
Sent my PM yesterday. I'm ready to play now, but I still don't know the alias/address for the game, and I don't have anyone's Skype ID yet. Can someone PM me the deets?

Valarian
January 11th, 2015, 20:08
The rest of us don't know them as yet. No alias details on the calendar

Trenloe
January 11th, 2015, 20:12
I exchanged PMs with Ransolot last night and he was good to go. He was very tired from work so I'm hoping the delay is just due to him sleeping late rather than there being something wrong. Just stay logged into Skype and I'm sure he'll get in touch soon...

Doc Sportello
January 11th, 2015, 20:13
Thanks for your reply. OK, I'll just hang out & will re-check the calendar every few minutes.

Valarian
January 11th, 2015, 20:15
Hope there's not too much of a delay otherwise I'm going to have to pull out of the game. I'm working on UK time here and 5 potential hours is already pushing 1am.

Judgement
January 11th, 2015, 20:17
Cannot wait to play, this will be my first star wars game that was not a MMO.

Doc Sportello
January 11th, 2015, 20:21
It's a great RPG. Very cinematic; it tends to encourage more roleplaying than d20 systems.

I've GMd "Edge of the Empire" a few times for my kids, and we've always enjoyed it. This will be my first go at "Age of Rebllion," though; I have only the beta book.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2015, 20:31
If you haven't been contacted on Skype, hang in there - the GM has made contact and we'll be up and running shortly. :)

ransolot
January 12th, 2015, 00:57
Awesome fun game today guys, thank you!

Trenloe
January 12th, 2015, 03:34
Awesome fun game today guys, thank you!
Thanks for the game, most enjoyable.

Doc Sportello
January 12th, 2015, 03:35
Thanks for a great game, guys! I really had a lot of fun. Kudos to ransolot for creative GMing and to Trenloe for making such a great ruleset. Really enjoyed it!

Judgement
January 12th, 2015, 03:38
great game I have to say I really did enjoy it!

Valarian
January 12th, 2015, 08:27
I'll add my thanks too. A very good game.