PDA

View Full Version : New player interested in giving FG a run

Cyphon36
January 7th, 2015, 03:52
Hi there i am new to FG and am interested in joining either a new game or one that has been started already
timezone: EST
availability: Verys from week to week but if i joined a solid group i would ensure that i was available during game days
i'm willing to give almost anything a chance but would prefer 3.5/4/5 or pathfinder (I've only ever played 3.5 and that was a long time ago) '
licence: demo

Dr_Babylon
January 7th, 2015, 09:08
Welcome to the community. I think you're off to a pretty good start as you've offered any potential recruiters the pertinent information they will be looking for. Open communication regarding your own aims and a little bit of patience will take you just about anywhere you want to go with Fantasy Grounds so kudos on putting yourself on the board. You'll find almost everyone here willing to take the time to help you adapt to the format and any rules systems you may not be familiar with.

I do regret that I can grant you no gaming opportunities at this time but I did wish to voice my support in your search. This community thrives on the creative and adaptable.

JerryRig
January 8th, 2015, 15:40
Welcome to Fantasy Grounds. As Babylon pointed out ...good starting post. My 2 games are full right now so nothing to offer here but a great big welcome and keep your post active and you will likely grab the attention of a DM looking to fill a position.

dulux-oz
January 8th, 2015, 16:06
Ditto on the great info in your post - and Welcome!

Although I don't have a space available in my games I can offer you this piece of advice; while you're waiting to get a game check out the various Tutorial Videos available from the Wiki (not just mine (also available from the links in my sig, below), but the others' as well). This will mean that you're "ready to go" with how to do basic FG "stuff", which in turn means that both you and your fellow players can spend your time doing the fun stuff ie playing instead of learning the interface.

Have fun

Mask_of_winter
January 8th, 2015, 16:18
I have a few one-shots with open spots this month but they are not 3.5 or d20 related games I'm afraid.
https://extraordinarygamers.com/Calendar/ModuleID/441/ItemID/202/mctl/EventDetails
https://extraordinarygamers.com/Calendar/ModuleID/441/ItemID/190/mctl/EventDetails

Andraax
January 8th, 2015, 16:52
I could *potentially* use one more player for my Sunday evening game - Castles and Crusades (similar to old school D&D).