PDA

View Full Version : Curious Why Most of the 5E Wiki Is Empty

Mykul
January 6th, 2015, 14:43
Is anyone working on the 5E wiki guides? I am brand new and I thought they'd be more fleshed out. Thanks very much.

dulux-oz
January 6th, 2015, 14:57
The Wiki isn't open to everyone to Add/Edit - only a very small handful of people have permission to do so.

SW set it up that way to ensure that the thing doesn't get swamped.

As only a few have access to modify it I assume that they are all busy with other aspects of the hobby (I know I am) - Moon Wizard (the senior dev), for example, is eyes-deep in the Unity port (I believe).

It might also be that 5E is not Open License like 3.5E was, and so there are copyright issues to consider as well

Cheers

Oh, and for those that care, this is my 666th post - yes, the Devil made me do it!

Mykul
January 6th, 2015, 15:00
Ah I see. Thank you. There are tons of other resources to look through, so I will should be ok.

dulux-oz
January 6th, 2015, 15:16
Yeah, there are - including my Tutorial Videos (if you haven't already seen them) :)

Yes, another Shameless Plug(TM) from Shameless Plugs Inc (also know as Dulux-Oz) :p

Mykul
January 6th, 2015, 15:19
I do have one question: Does FG account for needing to maintain concentration on a spell in 5E? I haven't seen that anywhere yet. Any ideas?

dulux-oz
January 6th, 2015, 15:38
I do have one question: Does FG account for needing to maintain concentration on a spell in 5E? I haven't seen that anywhere yet. Any ideas?

Can't help you with that one, sorry - I don't play 5E.

Someone else will be able to answer that - they'll just need to read the thread - give 'em a couple of hours to wake up :)

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2015, 17:12
No, FG does not handle concentration automatically. You can add a text note to a spell effect to denote Concentration requirement. (Perhaps "[C]") The PC/NPC applying the effect is tracked.

Cheers,
JPG

Mykul
January 6th, 2015, 17:19
No, FG does not handle concentration automatically. You can add a text note to a spell effect to denote Concentration requirement. (Perhaps "[C]") The PC/NPC applying the effect is tracked.

Cheers,
JPG

Thank you.

Irondrake
January 9th, 2015, 03:52
The way we handle concentration in my group is to add an extra effect to spells that require it, targeting "Self" for the duration of the spell. The Effect text just says "Concentration" and it serves as a good reminder that concentration is being used for that spell. Also reminds me that the player needs to make a Concentration save if they take damage or if the PC tries to cast another spell that needs concentration...I can remind them to drop their current spell or stop casting :)

damned
January 9th, 2015, 04:45
you are also welcome to write stuff for any of the wikis and submit it to [email protected] and if appropriate it will be included.
the SW guys want things in a particular style so they may rewrite some of it but if you have some things that you think really should be shared you are encouraged to help :)