PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding Issue

zenile
January 5th, 2015, 03:24
So I'm trying to enable port forwarding on my pc so that I can host a game and my router page is asking for the following

GLOBAL PORT RANGE
BASE HOST PORT

I've keyed in 1802 for both the range (it asks for a minimum and a maximum on the range) and the base host port, but it doesn't seem to work.In case this helps, I have a Motorola NVG589 Modem.

Thanks for the help.

Nylanfs
January 5th, 2015, 05:08
I found this in the AT&T forums (https://forums.att.com/t5/Third-Party-Devices/Motorola-NVG589-port-forwarding/td-p/3567715), hopefully it will help

I have not had a chance to test the port forwarding options on an NVG589, but it is very similar to the NVG510.

Login to your modem at https://192.168.1.254 (or whatever the default gateway is set to)
Click on the Firewall tab at the top
Click on NAT/Gaming
Click on Custom Services and fill out the fields as necessary and save and return to the previous page
Back on the NAT/Gaming main page, choose the Service you just created, and then choose the appropriate device in the Needed by Device field.
Click Add.

damned
January 5th, 2015, 12:53
you sound like you have done it right or mostly right...
do you perhaps have a router behind a cable modem/router?
or a wifi/router behind your dsl/cable modem/router?

when you login to the router what is its public ip address? is it another reserved range ip? eg 10.anything or 172.16.anything - 172.31.anything or 192.168.anything?
this would mean that you have another device doing nat past the one you are using...

ddavison
January 5th, 2015, 14:41
The ports look correct. There should also be a place for you to enter your local/internal IP address of your host computer. Do you happen to have a screenshot?

Redistopholes
September 21st, 2015, 03:54
Hi, so I'm having similar issues. I've done everything above and provided a snip of what my modem is telling me in regards to NAT/Gaming, I've also tried it under TCP/UDP to no avail. Then I set up a static IP but that didn't seem to help either.

And I tried canyouseeme.org and it told me that my external IP was 104.50.180.188, whereas my device is running off an internal IP under the router, and that port 1802 was not open. Tried a few other things, I'm not double router'ed, and still nothing. The UDP port was open and available but not the TCP. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Disregard... Sorry, found out it was my firewall, McAfee. Thanks anways!

damned
September 21st, 2015, 06:49
Welcome Redistopholes and good work on getting it resolved.