PDA

View Full Version : Abilities with dice reroll effects

MaxisDB
January 4th, 2015, 23:50
My group is starting to make the transition to Fantasy Grounds and this question has come up from our paladin. He has taken the Great Weapon Fighting combat style which allows him to reroll all 1 and 2 rolls on damage. Is there a way to make an effect that will do this for him, or do we need to keep track of it and have him manually reroll the damage? I've also noticed there are some other classes that have abilities that allow them to reroll dice rolls.

Thegroo
January 5th, 2015, 01:32
On the Action Tab, on the Weapon, in the field 'Properties' you can type 'Reroll 2' to handle this

MaxisDB
January 5th, 2015, 02:06
Awesome! Thanks alot!

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2015, 17:39
Whoa. I didn't know this! Is there some kind of secret list of things that can be put in there that can do other cool things?

Moon Wizard
January 13th, 2015, 00:11
That's the only property that actively does something during play. There are a few other properties that are looked at when initially adding a weapon to the character sheet (thrown, missile, ammunition, finesse).

Cheers,
JPG

Qoff
January 4th, 2016, 22:44
It didn't work, I'm doing it right? BTW: Sorry for the bump

https://i.imgur.com/MUqOFrd.jpg

Trenloe
January 4th, 2016, 23:14
It didn't work, I'm doing it right? BTW: Sorry for the bump
You don't see dice re-rolling, FG does the re-roll in the background.

The [RESULT MOD... entry means that it does re-roll. The first entry shown re-rolled dice 1 (D1) and got a 5, the second entry re-rolled dice 2 and got a 5, the last entry came up with two 2's in the re-roll. It will not keep re-rolling if further 1s or 2s come up - it only re-rolls for the first die result.

Slyxx
January 5th, 2016, 17:20
Any way to do this with critical rolls? I have a fighter in my campaign that has "Improved Critical: Beginning when you choose this archetype at 3rd level, your weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20." and I have been racking my brain to figure out how to get this to play out automatically using FG mechanics but have yet to be successful.

TIA,

Slyxx

Trenloe
January 5th, 2016, 17:22
Any way to do this with critical rolls? I have a fighter in my campaign that has "Improved Critical: Beginning when you choose this archetype at 3rd level, your weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20." and I have been racking my brain to figure out how to get this to play out automatically using FG mechanics but have yet to be successful.
See the last bullet in point #1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Weapons

Qoff
January 5th, 2016, 17:22

TIA,

Slyxx

The weapon menu have this option.

Slyxx
January 5th, 2016, 23:11
See the last bullet in point #1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Weapons

Lol...I swear I have looked at that wiki entry like 20 times and never saw that before. I was messing with effects and all sort of other things. Thanks for the quick response!

antaskidayo
March 24th, 2017, 20:53
how can i use this with spells?

Zacchaeus
March 24th, 2017, 21:08
how can i use this with spells?

You can't since it's only used in the properties of the weapon. You could, I suppose, create a weapon line for the spell. Which spells have a re-roll? I can't think of any off hand.

RCathcart
July 9th, 2017, 16:20
Whoa. I didn't know this! Is there some kind of secret list of things that can be put in there that can do other cool things?

I'm resurrecting this thread for the same question. I see that you can do "reroll #" and "crit range #". A complete list of weapon properties with special features would be nice to have somewhere handy.

Trenloe
July 9th, 2017, 16:27
I see that you can do "reroll #" and "crit range #".
That's all there are.

Trenloe
July 9th, 2017, 17:42
Which are mentioned in point #3 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Creating_a_weapon

Barak
February 20th, 2019, 18:28
I was wondering something similar because there is the feat elemental adept and also polearm master. Is there a way to code the reroll or change into the effects bar?

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2019, 19:01
I was wondering something similar because there is the feat elemental adept and also polearm master. Is there a way to code the reroll or change into the effects bar?

No, there isn't I'm afraid

epithet
March 29th, 2019, 19:01
Is this function still not implemented as a combat tracker effect for spells?

LordEntrails
March 29th, 2019, 19:08
Has there been a new version of FG in the last month? :)

Besides, I don't think anyone ever put a suggestion on the wishlist. So there is no guarantee Moon Wizard has seen this specific request/suggestion.

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2019, 19:17

Nope