PDA

View Full Version : Unable to create a campaign in Steam

Iovec
January 4th, 2015, 16:58
I have the Fantasy Grounds Ultimate Upgrade purchased through Steam. When I click on "Create Campaign" the Steam Overlay pops up and I can do nothing on my PC until I open the task manager and close Fantasy Grounds. If I just leave Fantasy Grounds on the launch screen all is well. I can check for updates with no problems, and I can click on "Settings" and I get no issues. My license key is in the settings but the Products section is empty. Not sure what to do in order to use Fantasy Grounds at this point. Is there any way to "unlink" it from Steam? Would that help? Or is there a solution that will fix this so I can keep it as I purchased it?

Note: This happens when I try to put a username and password on this screen.

So, perhaps I just don't know what the Username and Password is for?

ddavison
January 4th, 2015, 17:02
The Steam overlay interferes with the mousehandling and keyboard shortcuts for FG. We recommend disabling it by going into your Steam Library of Games, right-click on Fantasy Grounds and choose Properties. On the main property page there should be a checkbox that you can uncheck to turn off the Steam Overlay. Re-launch FG and you should be good to go.

Iovec
January 4th, 2015, 17:13
The Steam overlay interferes with the mousehandling and keyboard shortcuts for FG. We recommend disabling it by going into your Steam Library of Games, right-click on Fantasy Grounds and choose Properties. On the main property page there should be a checkbox that you can uncheck to turn off the Steam Overlay. Re-launch FG and you should be good to go.

Thanks!

But... what is the "Username" and "Password" for when you Create a Campaign. I also noticed a "Username" box in the Settings which is blank as I have no idea what it is for either. Do these provide some type of security for your custom content? I am working on developing an RPG and would like to use Fantasy Grounds so that those involved in the development can test it. Thanks again for all the help!

Trenloe
January 4th, 2015, 17:21
The password when creating a campaign are just to give you security so you can restrict players from joining - they'll need to use the password to connect.

The username in the settings screen is for the auto update function - put in your FG website user ID and password. If you've bought DLC on Steam then check the DLC check box. This will allow products purchased on this website and Steam to be kept up to date via the update button.

Iovec
January 4th, 2015, 17:27
Thanks, Trenloe! Between ddavison and you, I have my questions answered for this issue.

Mods can close this thread.