PDA

View Full Version : Modules

Rosie
January 4th, 2015, 00:45
Ok maybe this has been asked.. But i can not find it.

I am not a highly confidant GM, and I would like to use "pre-made" modules to run a game or two. My friends and I have just started using FG, and are interested in running the HotDQ.

How do I put this into FG? Am I going to need to manually enter all the info.

I have not tackled the Par5e yet.

I have started to watch Xorn's youtube.

Any useful suggestions would be welcome.

Rosie

someoneinatree
January 4th, 2015, 01:25
As a baseline, the Basic Rules PDF parser will give you at least some of the data in ready to use modules with very little fuss.

I would generally say, if you're new to FG it can be really good just to enter stuff manually as and when you need it (you'll learn the program much better that way too IMO). Just create npcs for the section of the adventure you're running etc. You can always export them to a new module for future use as well.

damned
January 4th, 2015, 02:06
Hey chezcaliente - havent seen you around for a while!
I agree - most sessions I only create the NPCs nd Encounters and maps I need for today.
Over time I have all the NPCs and Encountes I need.
Sometimes an encounter doesnt get run and I can always drop it in (maybe with a few updates) later on.

Mykul
January 6th, 2015, 19:45
I appreciated reading this thread as I am in the same boat and maybe I can use the basic stuff and now I feel confident I can to run some friends through Mines of Phandelver sooner than later.

damned
January 7th, 2015, 03:14
Maps, NPCs and Encounters really need doing before game. Other stuff can be done by Voice easily enough.

HotwheelzMcG
January 7th, 2015, 21:47
Maps, NPCs and Encounters really need doing before game. Other stuff can be done by Voice easily enough.

Probably a good idea to Impute the needed effects as well, prone, poisoned, etc.

Rosie
January 11th, 2015, 05:50
The basic parser defiantly sets me up well. I have been working on parsing in the players handbook. This forum has been so helpful. I can say that not all forums have trolls. The ones you do have are still living under the bridges I think. :)

Thanks for all the help

Rosie