PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players for D&D 3.5

Auberon
January 3rd, 2015, 22:05
Hey, guys!

I'm a recent arrival, and I'm building a campaign for a home-made fantasy world, using the D&D 3.5 system. The idea - on the long run - is to build a campaign that gravitates around the characters' involvement in the political events that will define the history of the continent they inhabit. The game will be directed according to the personal background of each character in a sandbox fashion, holding npc's and GM controlled factions as forces that will react to the group's decisions.
In order to accomplish that, I'd like to run a pilot-episode - something a little less open, for the time being - in order to present the mood and theme of the campaign, as well as test Fantasy Grounds as an instrument to implement this project. This story would take place in the Feud of Golgotha, one of the many regions of the continent named simply as The Broken Promise. Aside this first location and a few pointers on the political history of the feud, everything else would be conducted from the characters' personal interests and backgrounds.

Sessions at Saturdays or Sundays, 9 A.M.-11 A.M. or 7 P.M.-9 P.M. (GMT -2, due to local daylight saving time). We might discuss different hours if need be, but I pretty much need to do it on weekends, considering my work schedule.

If anyone is interested, please respond to this topic!

Best wishes and a Happy New Year!

Auberon

Unbutu
January 3rd, 2015, 22:58
Happy new year to you as well.

This has tremendous *potential*, so I can't help but want to see. I'd like to join this project, and would be in for the pilot episode on the PM slot. (The AM one brings me too early for a saturday morning (GMT-5)

damned
January 4th, 2015, 00:13
Welcome aboard Auberon - sounds like fun. I cant play but Im sure you will find players to fill the big shoes your characters need.

Auberon
January 4th, 2015, 02:21
Happy new year to you as well.

This has tremendous *potential*, so I can't help but want to see. I'd like to join this project, and would be in for the pilot episode on the PM slot. (The AM one brings me too early for a saturday morning (GMT-5)

Welcome aboard, man!
I'm sure we can work a night schedule, then! Or maybe, if you don't mind, something by the end of the dy overhere, and early afternoon to you. But once we've got more players we can discuss it.

If you wish to talk about some concepts, feel free to mail me!

Later!

Auberon
January 4th, 2015, 02:23
Welcome aboard Auberon - sounds like fun. I cant play but Im sure you will find players to fill the big shoes your characters need.

Tx, man! I guess it will be easy to find great players around here. I've heard only good things about the community. I hope I'm up for the task as well, lol.

C ya!

Marswipp
January 4th, 2015, 05:59
Hm... I would be interested in playing during the Saturday afternoon/evening slot.

Auberon
January 4th, 2015, 16:21
Hm... I would be interested in playing during the Saturday afternoon/evening slot.

Welcome! As I told Unbutu, if you want to talk about some concepts, mail me! By the way, In what GMT time zone are you? I'd like to propose we play at night, then. Maybe I can go a little further into the night if that's more comfortable for the players!

Later!

Sir Matthew
January 5th, 2015, 17:21
Hi,

i'm just in this period running a campaign as a DM very similar to your idea! And i'm very curious to see how it feels on pc's side. So, consider me in.
I'm GMT +1 (i live in italy), so a late afternoon/evening session would be perfect.

Auberon
January 6th, 2015, 01:26
Hi,

i'm just in this period running a campaign as a DM very similar to your idea! And i'm very curious to see how it feels on pc's side. So, consider me in.
I'm GMT +1 (i live in italy), so a late afternoon/evening session would be perfect.

Great! Welcome to the group! Maybe later wew can exchange some notes! I'd love to know how you've been dealing with the specific needs of such a campaign. If you wish to begin character discussions, feel free to mail me!

Later!

Unbutu
January 6th, 2015, 15:14
So that makes.... 3 ? 1 more for the minimum to start ?

Auberon
January 6th, 2015, 18:26
So that makes.... 3 ? 1 more for the minimum to start ?

Pretty much. But I think we can already begin, even if we get no one else... As long as you guys don't mind, of course!

Cyphon36
January 7th, 2015, 03:35
hey i would be interested in giving it a shot i havnt done any dnding in a long time and have been looking to get back into it for some time now i could probably do the evening time on either saturday or sunday im est time zone (i think) plus ive never used FG before so ill probably be a little slow at start if thats not a problem then id be happy to give it a shot.

Unbutu
January 7th, 2015, 06:29
Pretty much. But I think we can already begin, even if we get no one else... As long as you guys don't mind, of course!

I would like that. Would you setup a calendar so we can vote on the exact moment ?

Auberon
January 10th, 2015, 01:52
hey i would be interested in giving it a shot i havnt done any dnding in a long time and have been looking to get back into it for some time now i could probably do the evening time on either saturday or sunday im est time zone (i think) plus ive never used FG before so ill probably be a little slow at start if thats not a problem then id be happy to give it a shot.

Welcome aboard, Cyphon!
Message or mail me if you want to discuss your char and ideas for the campaign!

Auberon
January 10th, 2015, 01:52
Sure! I'll set it up this weekend and we can get a headstart by voting!

Marswipp
January 12th, 2015, 04:35
Sorry about the late reply. My time zone is UTC-6.

I've got some questions concerning the world, and the game:

What character templates are allowed?
Are any specific templates going to be encouraged?
Is detouring the session allowed in order to poke and prod at aspects of the world lore?

Garignak
January 14th, 2015, 07:08
Are you still looking for players?

Unbutu
January 15th, 2015, 03:58
Well, where's all the enthousiasm gone Auberon.

Auberon
January 15th, 2015, 07:44
Ok, answering your questions:

All templates allowed, all templates encouraged (lol) and yes (actually the hole thing is supposed to be set on world lore and character bg).

Auberon
January 15th, 2015, 07:45
Yes! Wanna apply?

Auberon
January 15th, 2015, 07:46
Sorry! I had it rough these days! I'll be setting up the calendar today. Maybe we get to roleplay a bit next weekend!

Auberon
January 15th, 2015, 07:56
Guys, calendar is up! Look for the title "D&D 3.5 - World Zero" and please post your time suggestions! If everything goes well we might run a first session this weekend.

Later!

Garignak
January 15th, 2015, 08:25
OK I applied to the calendar. Sunday in the AM sounds good to me, though Sunday PM would work as well.

Marswipp
January 15th, 2015, 18:01
Like I said back on page one, Saturday afternoon/evening is best for my schedule; though, I might be able to make a morning/day time slot depending on when the session is scheduled.

Unbutu
January 16th, 2015, 08:20
Here, calendar link for free: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1331

Marswipp
February 14th, 2015, 19:45
So... session, anyone?

NaomiLynn
February 26th, 2015, 05:04
Do you still have a free spot open for this? i would very much like to sign up and play every saturday. im looking for a regular game that i can consistantly get behind my character's bg and role play it.

Auberon
February 26th, 2015, 15:38
Sure! Just place a request at the calendar and we're good to go!
We are actually still coming out of planning and into the game. Just think of a level 1 character (all races and classes possible) and we'll build some plot around it.

Later!

NaomiLynn
February 26th, 2015, 20:07
Ok. i have a good back story for a rogue if that spot is still open. are we rolling characters on staturday when we start? And i already applied in the calandar.

Marswipp
February 26th, 2015, 22:04
Auberon, I'm thinking we should probably try to get things off the ground. Since the game you're wanting is dynamic, intermittent players should probably be expected and/or manageable.

Auberon
February 26th, 2015, 22:44
Naomi, you may roll the dice and build it beforehand, so we can just get into the plot right away. The spot is open, yes, and I've just seen your application, lol.

Welcome!

Auberon
February 26th, 2015, 22:46
Right you are, Mars. I've decided to keep a light-hearted attitude with the material and all. Let's just get together at 17 h next saturday with the chars and we'll get to the plot without further delay, ok?

Tx for the advice!

Later!

NaomiLynn
February 28th, 2015, 03:35
Are we starting tomorrow like the calandar says? cuz im rushing to throw this character together tonight lol.

Marswipp
February 28th, 2015, 13:49
Yes. The game is Saturday afternoon in the Americas.

dragonicfeline
March 1st, 2015, 00:28
hmm, i'm guessing i might be a little late on this, but if there is room open i wouldn't mind playing, so long as you don't mind someone relatively new to d&d (a few pathfinder games under my belt)

Marswipp
March 1st, 2015, 01:02
Given that there really wasn't a session today, (As far as I can tell.) you haven't missed much.

NaomiLynn
March 1st, 2015, 01:49
i was experiencing internet problems earlier, but I'm still interested in playing if you can get your fantasy grounds server to work Auberon.

Kozakai
March 1st, 2015, 06:13
I would like to try a hand if it's not too late... I have some experience with 3.5 but never played a ranger before, so I thought it would be fun to try.

NaomiLynn
March 7th, 2015, 18:53
Are we playing today or not?

Jwguy
March 10th, 2015, 06:09
I'm also interested in playing, if a spot becomes open.

Marswipp
March 10th, 2015, 13:53
Auberon hasn't visited the forum in a little over a week... There were technical difficulties on February 28. He became frustrated with his network configuration.

damned
March 10th, 2015, 13:55
Marswipp if Auberon wants some help with the network setup put him in touch with me.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-10.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Marswipp
March 11th, 2015, 17:54
From what I could tell with shared information, and the lack of connectivity, I recently advised Auberon via private message to check dynamic/static IPv4 settings on his LAN.