PDA

View Full Version : PFS 6-10 The Wounded Wisp

xazil
January 3rd, 2015, 15:21
Since I'm the one who brought it up. :)

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–2.

More than 400 years have transpired since the Pathfinder Society began in a humble tavern that has quietly weathered the centuries without incident. When a routine errand there uncovers a clue left behind by one of the founding Pathfinders, it’s up to the PCs to solve a puzzle whose pieces are scattered across Absalom—and whose prize dates back to the Society’s darkest years.

"The Wounded Wisp" is an evergreen, replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to the history of the Pathfinder Society and Absalom’s greatest sites.

Written by Thurston Hillman.

Link to calendar. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1323

I will accept people in the order posting here.

HoloGnome
January 3rd, 2015, 15:36
Always good to start another 1st level! (This time was unpopular for Fabric of Reality). I signed up.

Malkavian_Andi
January 3rd, 2015, 19:24
I'll play as well. My character's latest chronicle will follow as soon as I found the time to scan it.

Victor
January 3rd, 2015, 19:43
You betchum buddy! Coburn is in!

Victor
January 3rd, 2015, 19:46
Hey Mr. Shots,
not for nothing but I notice you often sign up on the calendar and not the forum, or later in the forum. You could miss out on a game that way even though you signed up earlier than others since it goes by Forum signup order...
Just saying..

kwarner1986
January 3rd, 2015, 19:49
I'm in

Farnaby
January 3rd, 2015, 21:11
2:00 am.

Sorry, but I still haven't recovered from the last 3:00 am game. ;)

:ninja:

Lord Kavos
January 3rd, 2015, 22:42
I'm in as well - playing holognome's game before this one, so why not make it a whole day of gaming...

HoloGnome
January 3rd, 2015, 23:42
All we need now is our line of greeting cards. ^_^

Lord Kavos
January 4th, 2015, 02:36
Sorry guys will have to pull out of this one - can play holognome's game, but have a family do to go to after that

kwarner1986
January 4th, 2015, 05:44
Meet the Department of Intelligence

Victor
January 4th, 2015, 09:51

Pathfinders Anonymous has awarded you your first 1 week Recovery Chip

Alq Veers
January 4th, 2015, 10:03
Would love to join in, but have little idea of where to start (having a friend explain things a little more soon though). Only played a little EotE but could never make any more sessions :(

cmdisc
January 4th, 2015, 10:58
Welcome Alq Veers! :)

There are a lot of friendly players here both on Fantasy Grounds as well as in Pathfinder Society so there shouldn't be any shortage of help and friendly advice. You have some time before the game session to go over things with the GM or other players. Enjoy!

xazil
January 4th, 2015, 11:49
Would love to join in, but have little idea of where to start (having a friend explain things a little more soon though). Only played a little EotE but could never make any more sessions :(
If you know the Pathfinder or other d20 system you should be pretty good. There are lots of friendly people who can help out. The www.paizo.com site has the core of the Pathfinder Society information and rather than repeat it all there are stickies at the top of the forum that explains most things.

I am in Australian Eastern Summer time (GMT+11) so Im guessing our times should mesh well enough if you wanted a chat and look at things on FG we could arrange something during the week. (I have an Unlimited license so thats not an issue for my games.

Unfortunately we currently 6 people signed up. Which is the maximum, although Trueshots hasnt actually replied here. But if you want to be first reserve in case someone drops out feel free, or even if you want to listen during the game.

This is a starter game scenario and I think it will be pretty popular with repeat runnings.

Alq Veers
January 4th, 2015, 12:22
I'll take the reserve slot and listen in, as I'm not sure if the starting time will clash with my work shift that day. So listening in will be awesome!

In the mean time, I'll try and grab you when you're free before the game to quickly go over a few basics etc. A lot to cover and it will do my head in a little.

Trenloe
January 4th, 2015, 17:27
@Alq Veers - some starting info regarding Pathfinder society is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-(Players)

And Welcome! :-)

Trueshots
January 4th, 2015, 19:20
I'm in, forgot to tell everyone. I'll get a character ready in next few days. looking forward to it.

xazil
January 4th, 2015, 20:33
Also for everyone posting can you please list whether you were Confirmed or have a Pathfinder Field Commission for your character. If you were Confirmed please post your The Confirmation chronicle as well. :)

Alq Veers
January 5th, 2015, 09:14
Thanks to Xazil to helping me get this started.

Mostly his idea but I'm quite happy with it as a starting point, definitely a lot easier and quicker to set up than Rolemaster has been

xazil
January 5th, 2015, 09:31
No problems, more just suggestions for starting out to learn Pathfinder. I will also need your PFS number and faction (unless you want to stay on Grand Lodge which works fine).

Alq Veers
January 5th, 2015, 09:37
ID is #165718
And Faction will be... Grand Lodge suits me best. Please

xazil
January 6th, 2015, 07:20
Trueshots, what character/level were you looking at playing? If you take a level 1 the APL will be 1.5 so you guys will be able to choose to play up or down (I know all this again :D ).

That being said in a 1-2 module the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 is very small in threat and cash. Its more just to give a little more safety net to a completely new set of characters versus someone at 2.2XP with over 3k of gear upgrades.

Trueshots
January 6th, 2015, 07:36
I had planned on playing my 2nd level brawler, I have a Friday Game too. Let me check tomorrow and figure out which toons I'm playing.

Update: I believe I'm playing my level 2 on Friday as well. So do you want me to just wait till I have the updated .xml and chronicle before posting them here?

xazil
January 6th, 2015, 22:45
I had planned on playing my 2nd level brawler, I have a Friday Game too. Let me check tomorrow and figure out which toons I'm playing.

Update: I believe I'm playing my level 2 on Friday as well. So do you want me to just wait till I have the updated .xml and chronicle before posting them here?
That's no problem. Just allows me to do the full prep on current make up of the group as my priority.

Trueshots
January 9th, 2015, 06:15
Here's Wild, I'm not playing him on Friday so he he is. Thanks

Malkavian_Andi
January 9th, 2015, 08:11
I finally scanned my chronicles, so here they are.

kwarner1986
January 10th, 2015, 05:55
Victoria is a Confirmed Pathfinder.

Malkavian_Andi
January 10th, 2015, 11:09
oh, on that point: Jianbao never played The Confirmation, so he's probably not "ritually" confirmed. For him it's more like "you worked for us a couple of time, so you're one of us now". He's not the kind of guy who plans stuff, anyway. Things just happen and that's fine with him.

Rivver
January 10th, 2015, 17:33

Lol, yeah, if this was run for a 7-8pm UTC start, I'd totally be up for it.

Trueshots
January 10th, 2015, 17:40
1 am GMT isn't it? Look at Malkavian Andi...he's a warrior over in Germany staying up late , come on guys you can do it :)

Rivver
January 10th, 2015, 17:48
On a Sunday, with work at 5am the next day? I wouldn't even have finished playing before it was time for me to leave for work!

Trueshots
January 10th, 2015, 17:55
On a Sunday, with work at 5am the next day? I wouldn't even have finished playing before it was time for me to leave for work!

come on, how important is work really anyway.....gaming is much more productive ;)

xazil
January 11th, 2015, 00:48
Looks like my address has changed to Cold Idol Ugly Dungeon

kwarner1986
March 30th, 2015, 06:52
Hey Xazil, I know this is an oldie, but did you have this chronicle I must have missed it reviewing my past prior to taking my little vacation?