PDA

View Full Version : Making use of Nickademus's Classes and Races modules

swest
January 2nd, 2015, 09:19
Greetings,

Apologies, in advance, for my denseness...

I was trying to help one of my players (who happens to be playing a Dwarf) figure out how to integrate Dwarf racial traits into his character sheet (he didn't use Hero Lab to create his character - I think if he had, this problem wouldn't have come up), and I came across the two modules I mentioned in the title.

How does one make use of the content from these modules? Could someone offer some quick guidance? (And not about how to 'install' them as modules - I am finally fluent at all that, thank goodness.)

Thanks a lot.

- s.west

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2015, 14:41
The modules are library references. You can drag the relevant items you want for the PC from the library entry to the Abilities tab of the PC character sheet.

Nickademus
January 2nd, 2015, 23:48
The modules are menus that lead to a series of lists. Each list contains multiple links (appears as a red box with a small white dragon by default). These links can be dragged and dropped to multiple locations. As Trenloe said, you can drag them to the various sections on the Abilities tab to store the link. You can also drag the link to the chat window to share it so others can see the content (and I believe you can drag it to a portrait of a character to share it with just that character). If you drag it to a spot on the desktop, it will open the content there as if you had clicked on the link. You can also drag the link to a hotbar so you can click and reference it later.

The GM can also drag the link to a text box in a story entry or other full text area (such as an item description) to embed the link. This helps when consolidating information for a particular event.

swest
January 3rd, 2015, 00:13
Thanks guys for the responses. I was in mid-edit of an example, replying to Trenloe's post, when I saw that Nickademus had also posted.

I guess what I'm confused about is this: Apart from having a quick-reference (via a single-click) access to information that is available from other sources (like the rulebook) does this provide any other automation (for lack of a better word) from within the character record?

Don't take that question the wrong way. Having a drag and drop mechanism for making these rule references directly available from the character record, with a single click, is way cool, and uber-convenient :D. I just want to be sure that I have the intent and the utility correct.

Thanks.

- s.west

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2015, 00:17
There's no automation - it's for reference purposes only.

The majority of Fantasy Grounds rulesets don't have character creation automation in them (5E is an exception to this and has been designed with the idea of allowing drag/drop automation of certain aspects).