PDA

View Full Version : New and looking for a group

Judgement
December 31st, 2014, 18:16
Hello there, I am new to the style of game as well as fantasy grounds itself, however I am looking for groups to get to the game, as for the game I am uncertain to say at the least I have been trying to study so I can understand better how the game works and so on,

JohnD
December 31st, 2014, 20:58
Hey welcome to FG. I saw you in TS last night, but had a game to run and not enough time to say hello. Hope you find something to meet your gaming needs... it is a great hobby and FG itself is top drawer.

Judgement
December 31st, 2014, 21:12
Thanks, working on making characters right one at least one set for D&C and one for PF, I still do not understand how C&C works yet.

damned
December 31st, 2014, 21:24
There is a quick start guide for Castles&Crusades here.
Mostly though the GM will assist you with how it works while you can concentrate on playing your character.
Whilst RPGs are completely fantasy (as in made up, fiction etc etc) there is still a significant element of realism - eg that brand shiny new character you just rolled up is not invincible and if you throw him single handed at 3 nastly little kobolds.... well you might be rolling up a new one! So play smart and a little cautious until you learn your strengths - and weaknesses!

damned
December 31st, 2014, 21:25
link: https://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/cnc_qs.pdf

Judgement
December 31st, 2014, 21:28
I will be checking it over right now.

Unbutu
December 31st, 2014, 21:29
DMs tend to have a lot of requirements for the characters they let into their games, but the characters you make are great to get used to the rules anyways.

C&C could be compared to pre-3 DnD, so if you've seen one, you're not far from having seen enough to adapt to all of those systems.

Just so you know: There is still a lot more players than 4x the number of DMs. It might take a while before you find a group.

Good luck finding people you have pleasure gaming with, that's the most important.