PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall

Iceman
December 31st, 2014, 13:47
I recently reinstalled FG on my new computer and registering it was easy. However, even after copying the Application Data Folder from the old computer to the new computer my prior campaigns do not show up. What do I need to do in order to copy the correct folder(s) from my old computer to my new computer so that the old campaigns show up?

I had Win 7 and now have Win 8.1

Trenloe
December 31st, 2014, 14:43
The chances are that the name for the directory in appdata has changed from "Fantasy Grounds II" to "Fantasy Grounds". Open FG, click the "Settings" button on the first screen and check where the "Data Directory" is pointing to - make sure this is the location that you copy your old campaigns etc. to.

Iceman
January 10th, 2015, 13:19
Now that I have made sure that it points to the right directory my old campaign shows up. However when trying to create a new campaign or even changing an existing one I getruntime error unable to create directory and then it lists the actual directory where the campaign exists. New campaign just fails to be created and old campaign always thinks there is a backup. its not writing to the directory. Again only an issue since using FG on Windows 8.1

Iceman
January 10th, 2015, 13:21
OK...disregard now...I gave FG Admin access and it works. Are there supposed to be 5e monsters in the FG modules though? I only have 3.5e ones. Thanks.

Trenloe
January 10th, 2015, 16:24
OK...disregard now...I gave FG Admin access and it works. Are there supposed to be 5e monsters in the FG modules though? I only have 3.5e ones. Thanks.
Wizards of the Coast haven't released 5E under the OGL (Open Gaming License) so currently 5E material cannot be distributed without a direct agreement with Wizards. See my response to you in another thread about using the 5E Basic Rules Parser to create base spells and creature modules from the 5E PDFs Wizards currently have available for free download.