PDA

View Full Version : Request for the uninstall routine.

Loucifer
December 29th, 2014, 23:08
Unfortunately, I had occasion to have to uninstall and re-install Fantasy Grounds recently.

I did notice a few things that might be updated in the uninstall routine.

First, the Fantasy Grounds Data directory was not removed. I am sure this is by design, but, maybe an option to remove it could be helpful.

Second, none of the registry entries were removed. I re-installed and fired the program back up and it still had the dice color i had set, instead of reverting to default black.

The registry also contained my licence key. If i was intending to sell the computer, or pass it on to a family member after removing my programs, this is a security hole. As when i re-installed, it had already filled in my licence key.

Im sure I am not alone out here, that when we tell something to uninstall, we want ALL traces of it gone.

Lou

damned
December 29th, 2014, 23:18
Most programs do not remove themselves from the registry.
It doesnt remove the FG directory because your campaign data and user created content lives there. Many programs do offer you the option to remove all content though.

Loucifer
December 29th, 2014, 23:55
You are correct, most programs do not remove themselves from the registry, and it is a bit of an annoyance to me.

But I do feel it should wipe the licence key and offer the option to remove the data folders.