PDA

View Full Version : The End of the World

daddystabz
December 29th, 2014, 10:08
Anyone interested in working on a rules framework for the new The End of the World line by Fantasy Flight Games? Zombie Apocalypse is now out and I'd love to be able to play it online over FG. I would especially need a way to do the dice pools on FG.

daddystabz
January 2nd, 2015, 17:36
Anyone? Basically all this would need is a way to differentiate negative d6's from positive ones in the dice pool and a character sheet.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=275&enmi=The%20End%20of%20the%20World

Ardem
January 3rd, 2015, 11:55
My Extinction Event ruleset uses Dice pools, you welcome to borrow that part of the code from mine or atleast extract ideas. But it has a workable dice pool against a target number system.

daddystabz
January 3rd, 2015, 14:25
My Extinction Event ruleset uses Dice pools, you welcome to borrow that part of the code from mine or atleast extract ideas. But it has a workable dice pool against a target number system.

Can it distinguish between positive and negative dice? The game has you use one color for positive dice and another color for negative dice. All dice in the game are d6's.

How could I get the rules et and how can I install it?

Ardem
January 4th, 2015, 05:44
No the ruleset does not have positive and negative dice, I am assuming this would require two rolls one pool v another pool and then count success.

I have got to pooling code and the count of success on a target number, you would need to figure out the rest of the code. You can get my ruleset from the Extinction Event release post very close to this post of the forum, it links to the ruleset which is .pak (.zip) unzip it and you can review the code.

VenomousFiligree
February 5th, 2015, 21:02
I just had a play with this and added two 'skill fields' labeled positive dice and negative dice. You can then drag dice to these fields and roll them, then right click to clear. Repeat as required. You need to do the cancelling and success checks yourself, but heh, thats just like being at the table! :)

Looks like I might try a one shot!

VenomousFiligree
February 6th, 2015, 11:23
Sheet posted here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23138-Share-Game-System-Character-Sheets&p=199854&viewfull=1#post199854).

Habanero
July 14th, 2016, 05:10
I have the book for End of the World Zombie Apocalypse, and would like to play it on FG. I think I saw the .pdf version available for $10, which would make it really easy to get the text from the rulebook into the system. Is this something that I can do, or are there "permissions" which are required before something like this can happen? Has anyone setup this RPG in FG yet?

damned
July 14th, 2016, 06:26
No it hasnt been ported to FG. That is a (seriously) non trivial task.
You might have a look at the MoreCore ruleset which will be available a few days (the gods willing) after 3.2.0 (the next FG update) is pushed live.

Habanero
July 14th, 2016, 17:53
Well,

I would be willing to help as I can on a project like this. I am not a programmer, however, I have access to people who code. I can also do data entry, testing, edit images, etc... for what its worth.

Looks like there is a character sheet, and an initial consideration for how to manage the negative dice rolls that the game requires.

ianmward
July 15th, 2016, 09:11
The mutant year zero extension has three colours of (custom) d6, yellow, green and black. You build a pool by dragging different coloured dice to a dice field on the sheet. Then rolling.